Toast Brilliant article on Liverpool

Remove this Banner Ad

Had an opportunity to go Mersey Side last year, even started a matchday thread in the cavern club! Really humming city now with the water front seamlessly blending in to the shopping strip which snakes its way up to lime st. for a tourist like myself the simple things like stroll around and the ferry ride make for a nice low key day.

As i said to one bloke, its a pretty nice town, old mate replied in a pretty heavy scouce accent, " we got the best football team and the best band in the world, hard to argue with that.

Last edited:
I found this article to be a moving insight into Liverpool as a club and my old hometown as a community. Sometimes a piece of writing can transcend sport and cut across codes, this is one of those.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...rpool-premier-league-donald-mcrae-tom-jenkins

Indeed an excellent article danj… A really good read, in fact. Thanks for sharing (although probably should have gone into the non-AFL Sports thread).

BUT - and full disclosure here; I support a club that Liverpool has absolutely pillaged (by hook AND CROOK) over the past 5-6 years - I hope you're not in any way comparing Liverpool to North Melbourne?

Indeed an excellent article danj… A really good read, in fact. Thanks for sharing (although probably should have gone into the non-AFL Sports thread).

BUT - and full disclosure here; I support a club that Liverpool has absolutely pillaged (by hook AND CROOK) over the past 5-6 years - I hope you're not in any way comparing Liverpool to North Melbourne?

I'm not that au fait with thread rules :(

While it is hard to compare Liverpool with North I do find it interesting that we were actually established before Liverpool, however I can't help imagining their 150 year celebrations will shade ours ;)

I like to think our ethos and spirit as a club is as strong as Liverpools :)

That was a great read. I don't follow EPL at all but had a soft spot for Liverpool in the 80s cos I thought my pop suppported them. (He didn't.)

I remember the Hillsborough thing well. And all the bollocks that followed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back