Coach Bring back Hodge

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge was a critical to our improvement. His tactical teaching was second to his ability to get the best out of players.

I'm not advocating for Fagan to be moved on, but I want to throw every cent we can find to bring Hodge in as a senior assistant.

How can we find a way to convince Hodge that the missing piece in his life is being a Brisbane lions coach?

He is often interviewed before the game on the fence East of the interchange bench. Can we all try for finals tickets in that bay. We could get t-shirts and signs and badger him. Beg him even.

I thought the storm troopers were fun. We could adapt the Luke Skywalker quote on t-shirts 'I'm Luke Hodge. I'm here to rescue you.'

I’m actually mega confused, is it a tactical issue or personnel/player issue? Go back all the way to 2019, in all the big games against good teams bar one or two, we have just gone into panic mode when the heat is on, no composure, leadership to control tempo or change momentum.

I’m actually mega confused, is it a tactical issue or personnel/player issue? Go back all the way to 2019, in all the big games against good teams bar one or two, we have just gone into panic mode when the heat is on, no composure, leadership to control tempo or change momentum.

It’s both, midfield in present shape is not up to it. Neal is on his own. He needs help. Then there’s the game plan. Bombing balls long into a forward line that has May and Lever intercept defending is just dumb. But we keep doing it, despite ‘learning from last time they towelled us up’. We learnt nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bombing issue you could fix with better coaching but not sure what can be done about the midfield, Fagan is so reluctant to drop players or try a different combination or do we even have anyone who can step up.
It’s both, midfield in present shape is not up to it. Neal is on his own. He needs help. Then there’s the game plan. Bombing balls long into a forward line that has May and Lever intercept defending is just dumb. But we keep doing it, despite ‘learning from last time they towelled us up’. We learnt nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The whole place needs a massive shake up.

We are clearly not going to get any further with this 22.

Out from the 22: Gardiner, Lyons, McStay, Rich, Robbo

In: Adams, Ah Chee, Ashcroft, Dev, a 2-way midfielder (doesn’t have to be a star).

Zorko must be moved on from the captaincy. His antics are embarrassing.

Fagan has a year to show he can move on from his favourites and build a side that can be competitive in big matches. No point beating up on minnows at home and falling to pieces as soon as an ounce of pressure is applied. Otherwise we need to move on.

Can’t speak enough of what blokes like Fagan, Zorko, Rich, Lyons, Robbo have given this football club, but if we don’t move forward we’ll have another 2005-2018 period. If we lose young players we’ve spent years developing, to keep them all on I’ll be ropable. Some obviously have contracts but they can’t be automatic starters.

Watching Melbourne in their warm up they were kicking low skidders to May and Lever, clearly that was the expectation they had about how we might play.
we couldn’t even get that right.
BTW not one of those low skidders got past Lever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back