Strategy Bring back Jack Lukosius and Izak Rankine!!

Carmo

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
The grind begins for Rankine. Was the hammy bad luck or is it that he's at a club with poor resourcing and fitness guys? Does the club have poor management across the board? The offloading Jared Lyons effort is looking dumber by the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
The grind begins for Rankine. Was the hammy bad luck or is it that he's at a club with poor resourcing and fitness guys? Does the club have poor management across the board? The offloading Jared Lyons effort is looking dumber by the day.
To be fair to Gold Coast, offloading Jarred Lyons has no relevance to them losing Rankine to an injury. They're not competing for the same positions after all.

SuperCrouchBros

All Australian
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 months off for Izak. Tendon damage.

Not sure if hes the type of bloke who takes to being on the sidelines. Cooney said he was so homesick when he got drafted to the dogs. The only thing that kept him sane apparently was when the real stuff rolled around and he got to play games. Took his mind off it.

For GC sake I hope this doesnt apply to Izak. For my own selfishness I hope it does.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ams4crows

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
We are gonna get these kids back for 2nd rounders only because Gold Coast development is so poor that they'll think they're both busts eg Scrimshaw who now at Hawthorn looks to be a decent player.

Walsh already looks like a superstar,for once Carlton made the right choice. Im almost glad we didnt 'sell the farm' to get the SA boys.

Scorpus

Enough is Enough
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are gonna get these kids back for 2nd rounders only because Gold Coast development is so poor that they'll think they're both busts eg Scrimshaw who now at Hawthorn looks to be a decent player.

Walsh already looks like a superstar,for once Carlton made the right choice. Im almost glad we didnt 'sell the farm' to get the SA boys.
Didn't Gold Coast get rid of Scrimshaw and not play him because he allegedly didn't give a **** about playing for Gold Coast?

Thetrader15

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Adelaide

Unless you are playing the "Nah, they're no good" card, 2 PS games is perhaps a little early to say these SA boys are no good.

Bicks

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Didn't Gold Coast get rid of Scrimshaw and not play him because he allegedly didn't give a **** about playing for Gold Coast?
Scrimshaw always had doubts on his contested footy, supremely skilled and great athletic talent but not keen on the tough stuff, interesting to see if Clarkson can instil some toughness into him.

Bicks

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Think you're underrating Stewie Dew's football nous big time, a very smart operator that would not be a party to anything you're suggesting. Dew just like Pyke before him obviously didn't see Lyons as part of the future he has planned for the GCS.

Izak seems oblivious to your concerns...

Last edited:

Houston

Club Legend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Scrimshaw always had doubts on his contested footy, supremely skilled and great athletic talent but not keen on the tough stuff, interesting to see if Clarkson can instil some toughness into him.
It would be incredibly charitable to describe Scrimshaw and Dew's relationship as anything more than poor. Scrimshaw had post season coffee and chats with Clarkson booked in from about round 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crow till I die

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
2 months off for Izak. Tendon damage.

Not sure if hes the type of bloke who takes to being on the sidelines. Cooney said he was so homesick when he got drafted to the dogs. The only thing that kept him sane apparently was when the real stuff rolled around and he got to play games. Took his mind off it.

For GC sake I hope this doesnt apply to Izak. For my own selfishness I hope it does.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is not great at all for izak nor GC. Not playing and rehabilitating is where he is going to have plenty if time to contemplate things. If he was in the team week in week out then he being a naturally enthusiasticlad would be more chance to buy in. Not saying he won't but he is now a way away from playing in a different city as an 18 year old. Hope the injury heals up well

Carmo

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Adelaide
Think you're underrating Stewie Dew's football nous big time, a very smart operator that would not be a party to anything you're suggesting. Dew just like Pyke before him obviously didn't see Lyons as part of the future he has planned for the GCS.

What ladder position you predicting for gold coast for the next few years bicks? Run it out to five or six if you want.

Damon_3388

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red WIngs
Rankine reminds me a bit of Jimmy Toumpas when he got drafted. Whether he turns out the same remains to be seen of course, but getting a long-ish term injury early on sets Rankine back from the word go.

AFL Club
Adelaide

Did the Suns tattoo that barcode on his neck?

Top Bottom