News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been floated already but what about;
CROWS get: Jack Lukosius + Izak Rankine
SUNS get: Bryce Gibbs + Myles Poholke + Andy Otten + Richard Douglas + Pick 2 + 3rd round pick

Gibbs is done with us, but could offer experience. Poholke I just am not sold is in our long term plans but he deserves to get a chance. Otten + Douglas could be worth a year just to add some experience/leadership support and I think Otten especially has coaching aspirations. Pick 2 in this years draft is incredibly valuable as it means they can keep Rowell and Anderson together + they can use the 3rd round pick on another one of their teammates, build a cluster.

They are going to lose Rankine and Luko in the next couple years anyway, time to start filling the team out.

SUNS get: Bryce Gibbs + Myles Poholke + Andy Otten + Richard Douglas + Pick 2 + 3rd round pick

Gibbs is done with us, but could offer experience. Poholke I just am not sold is in our long term plans but he deserves to get a chance. Otten + Douglas could be worth a year just to add some experience/leadership support and I think Otten especially has coaching aspirations. Pick 2 in this years draft is incredibly valuable as it means they can keep Rowell and Anderson together + they can use the 3rd round pick on another one of their teammates, build a cluster.

They are going to lose Rankine and Luko in the next couple years anyway, time to start filling the team out.
crows get luko and rankine for pick 2 and a third rounder

And the AFL want GC too do well

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

They could get Douglas as a delisted FA.

I'd say Greenwood is more likely to be part of any deal.

The draft is still important to us. Apart from last year we don't have high picks or quantity of high pick. In 2017 if not for the CC deal we would have gone in with 1 pick in the 40's that we used on McPherson.

Realistically what are Luko and Rankine worth?

Rankine has had bad injuries and Luko is a bit underwhelmed but both were pick 2 and 3. If the roles were reversed, no way do we trade them unless your scared they will leave

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if 100% legit until press release from the Suns
Doesn’t make much sense really

Considering how much he wanted to stay here
Usually the Age doesnt get these wrong. Has publically said he loves it there and would rather have his family in QLD rather than him going home. Didn't even go home in the Bye week apparantely, which I was surprised about.

Surely no coincidence that's this is announced the week of suns vs crows. Maybe a bit of an f u to all involved in the speculation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point getting mad at either of them if they re-sign - it means they didn't want us. We need not pursue them in the future.

I was very against the Gibbs trade for the same reason.

Contracts mean nothing though... see McGovern

Absolutely but we know why that rat jumped ship (okay well we only have our conspiracy theories but I'm okay believing them).

Rankine and Luko both know, as all draftees know, that they could leave after 2 years. If they wanted the Crows they could. If they choose elsewhere they can - but they aren't the player you sell the farm for in future (see Gibbs).

That didn't age too well....about 3 hours....;)

No point getting mad at either of them if they re-sign - it means they didn't want us. We need not pursue them in the future.

I was very against the Gibbs trade for the same reason.
or it also means that the crows were not 100% to get him back..maybe the rumors last year that we were very lukosius focused were correct and that rankine was not a top priority for us (although god only knows why he would not have been)

or it also means that the crows were not 100% to get him back..maybe the rumors last year that we were very lukosius focused were correct and that rankine was not a top priority for us (although god only knows why he would not have been)
Not clean cut enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back