Strategy Bring back Jack Lukosius and Izak Rankine!!

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
When he requests his trade end of next year, it’s going to be high profile - another high pick walking out of GC. He’s not going to be making himself out to be a brat anymore than he has to.

He’ll ask for a trade home to Adelaide only and will leave it to the clubs to agree the best deal for GC.

It will be down to us to get that over the line
And given how we've desperately wanted him for 4 years I'm not sure we will let it slip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Smithers and Polec are good mates. I believe only he and Petrenko were the only footballers at Polec's wedding.

When Polec was strutting around pretending to decide between us and Port, Smithers being his mate had little bearing on where he would play.

Port put the better package to him and we dodged a bullet.

In the modern game the romance of playing with a mate is secondary to the deal a club presents to a player, or more importantly a player's manager.

Rozee being mates with Luko is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Of course being mates with someone isn’t going to be the primary consideration and I’ve never suggested it would be.

The deal and the club would be paramount, but if it’s pretty similar, you don’t think having your best mate in your ear telling you how good it is at the club and how good it would be sharing their football careers would have any impact?

Elite Crow

Premium Platinum
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
See I don't think it is, you always have mates around. You don't always play footy with them nor need to.
Right, so training and playing together and having the thrill of victory with your mates is the same as achieving a sales target for the same company?

I didnt see many hugs and bum slaps when I worked in an office.

Peter Doherty

Club Legend
Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
Of course being mates with someone isn’t going to be the primary consideration and I’ve never suggested it would be.

The deal and the club would be paramount, but if it’s pretty similar, you don’t think having your best mate in your ear telling you how good it is at the club and how good it would be sharing their football careers would have any impact?
Are you assuming what Rozee is telling him about the club is positive?

Geoffa32

Hall of Famer
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Depends how they go.

If your mate is in your ear how great the club is and the club has not won a Final in 6,7,8 plus years you need to question your mate.

Port are gonna struggle for.a.few.more years yet. Look at their list balance. A lot of old guys about to retire. Not much mid mid aged quality. But some real u/23 quality.

Polec joined Port when they were on the cusp of their Dynasty.

If we want Luko, we need to get our shit together before he decides GC is not where he wants to be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Doherty

Club Legend
Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
Surely you are clutching here? But lets assume its a little less positive and he wants to come home, which club is more positive?
Ask me mid next year. Things turn very quickly.

How many years since finals for Port Power? Everyone knows of the off field issues there. How did they improve their squad for 2020 in the trade period? Hinkley is just about done. They aren't going great financially, crowds are poor. Stars are getting old. Their brand is not great right now, are they on the way up or down?

We've hit our rock bottom, the upswing has started, off field at least. I'm positive about our young guys.

BRL121

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Right, so training and playing together and having the thrill of victory with your mates is the same as achieving a sales target for the same company?

I didnt see many hugs and bum slaps when I worked in an office.
Jeez, Elite, in an office these are grounds for dismissal under the code of conduct. ;) Perhaps, it should be the same on the field? :think:

Top Bottom