News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no, all it does is push it back 2-3 years. Hopefully at that point we're looking in a very similar spot to Brisbane and just need something to truly put a stamp on the refresh.
I know I'm in the minority here but I don't rate him as high as a lot of other people around here.

I rate him, but I also rate us and our use of draft picks and given what he'd likely cost I'm pretty neutral on the whole situation.

Honestly, it was the only and best move for Luko. He hasn't even shown glimpses of what he's capable of and if he's easily put off by a few fans recognising Rozee on the streets of Adelaide, then a whole year of scrutiny over his future would've made it harder for him to focus on his footy. Imagine having to go through a whole year of the same question (if he'll sign on or leave) in your second year when you haven't even shown anything yet. Then, if he were to leave to return home, the spotlight would be on him as this big recruit, which puts even more pressure on him to perform. Plus, GC are most likely offering a lot more money than Crows would pay.

We were never going to be in a position to get him back next year and I think he and club knew that. Gold Coast would of wanted too much and we just can't afford to overpay at the moment.

If he develops into a great player we can have another go and probably pay about the same without the risk.

I see the Suns making a play for Rozee in coming years......LOL
Free agency looms as the only possible way to get them, and you know I won't be suprised if it is Rozee going to Gold Coast instead of Luko or Rankine coming here.

We missed the boat that draft for SA kids, fingers crossed Jones is a star because we need him to be.

We were never going to be in a position to get him back next year and I think he and club knew that. Gold Coast would of wanted too much and we just can't afford to overpay at the moment.

If he develops into a great player we can have another go and probably pay about the same without the risk.

better to wait for free agency - by then the jury will be in.

better to wait for free agency - by then the jury will be in.

Nah the smart move is to wait until he’s nearly 30 and a bit broken and slower. Then when he’s in the last couple of years of a front-ended contract and keen to come back to Adelaide for more coin and to start a family near the grandies, we’ll strike and give away a pile of picks for him.

Cunning, see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to GC, though I don't doubt the AFL are throwing money around in attempt to keep players up there.

Going for SA kids is a pretty good strategy, similar to Brisbane going after Vic country kids.
You’ve got to bet there is some under the table s**t going on with this one.

Yup, I live 2 minutes from Mooloolaba. No comparison to the Gold Coast. GC is so plastic. Tourists everywhere.
Surfers is a tourist trap but I would defend the areas South if that, Broadbeach, Mermaid Beach, Cooly, palm beach etc are all fantastic places to live, as is Mooloolaba which is my fav place on the sunny

Of course being mates with someone isn’t going to be the primary consideration and I’ve never suggested it would be.

The deal and the club would be paramount, but if it’s pretty similar, you don’t think having your best mate in your ear telling you how good it is at the club and how good it would be sharing their football careers would have any impact?

After he signed a new deal, Lukosius told the Herald Sun: “My mate Connor Rozee plays for Port Adelaide and his life has completely changed.

“He is stopped going out for dinner, so you need to take the good for the bad."

This seems to suggest chatting to Rozee may have scared Lukosius off coming home, for now at least.

If Connor and Jack are mates it makes sense they would be honest with each other and Connor not just giving the Port Power sales pitch.

I'm sure it's been difficult for our players to sell the AFC to players at other clubs in recent years.

And the one thing they'll never mention in all these reasons.... $$$.

Same with CEY, it's all about how Charlie Cameron convinced him to go, he needed to get out of the Adelaide fishbowl, the money never gets mentioned. And I'm not criticising anyone for that, don't blame guys like Cam in the slightest, it's just funny how there's always a ton of reasons and one never gets mentioned. At least Greenwood was honest in the money being a motivating factor for him. I highly doubt we offered either Lukosius or Rankine a huge deal they couldn't turn down to come back here, so no surprise they stuck with the Suns who have proven consistently they will give guys overs to sign early.

I've said it before forget Rankine Lukosius Grundy etc
They are happy where they are and raking in obscene amounts of money
Bird has flown
You only need to ask once and wait one minute for an answer then move on to other fish

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

I've said it before forget Rankine Lukosius Grundy etc
They are happy where they are and raking in obscene amounts of money
Bird has flown
You only need to ask once and wait one minute for an answer then move on to other fish

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

I disagree. You should always have an offer in front of them. They'll either come, or you force another club to spend more to keep them, thus putting more stress on their salary cap.

Still want them both. In a good system will be absolute elite AA players. I’d be willing to give up 2 firsts and a 2nd in a package deal

Still want them both. In a good system will be absolute elite AA players. I’d be willing to give up 2 firsts and a 2nd in a package deal

They’d laugh their asses off at that offer. Lukoscious isn’t coming back here until FA

Seriously why on Earth would the GCS do that?

They gave pick 2 & 3 originally and they've put 3 years of time and development in on them, not to mention they're both contracted.

No way the GCS won't want more than what they originally gave up to secure them...much more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back