News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the club are doing everything they can on this but I wouldn't be waiting for next year for Lukosius. I think we have seen the player always holds the upper hand in these scenarios.

It's rarely better to be chasing a player who is in contract compared to out of. After all, we're hoping for a cap dump to get a good deal out of it.

Is Lynch even allowed to play for our SANFL side next year? Thought there was some stupid rule about not going straight from AFL to our SANFL team
He can play as our leadership player but Wright would then need to retire or have a permit to play/ Like we got for JAckson this year.

• One Leadership Player who has attained the age of twenty six (26) years prior to or during the calendar year in which he is first included on the supplementary list who has been on any AFL list in the season immediately prior.

So question- end of next year comes around. Rankine and Pickett out of contract. Who do you take? For me Pickett everytime. Rankine has more talent, but I doubt we will ever see it realised. Pickett gives you impact bow and for 10 years following!

"Rankine has more talent" ? Huh?

So question- end of next year comes around. Rankine and Pickett out of contract. Who do you take? For me Pickett everytime. Rankine has more talent, but I doubt we will ever see it realised. Pickett gives you impact bow and for 10 years following!
isnt the rumour that if Pickett ever did come home to SA he would go to port.. and would never even consider the crows..

isnt the rumour that if Pickett ever did come home to SA he would go to port.. and would never even consider the crows..
He'd happily go to either club, and should be coming into his prime years when we start to challenge again......

I'd like to see Lynch as playing Coach of the SANFL side ......better longterm Coach than Godden, who's marking time
What makes Lynch a good candidate?
If Lynch was serious about a coaching career he'd put his hand up to move to a new environment and develop himself.
We need to move the Lynch types on from the club.

Someone like Shannon Hurn, Sean Burgoyne that's a different conversation.

Pickett will cost 2 first rounders Rankine by the end of next year may only be a 2nd rounder

Rankine obviously is coasting by on talent is he really working hard to be a star? It's gonna take a mental overhaul by him to access the star quality we all know he has. Pretty hard to downhill ski in a team as s**t as Gold coast

What makes Lynch a good candidate?
If Lynch was serious about a coaching career he'd put his hand up to move to a new environment and develop himself.
We need to move the Lynch types on from the club.

Someone like Shannon Hurn, Sean Burgoyne that's a different conversation.
I totally agree with your theory but not necessarily with Lynch. Even though we bagged him occasionally here on BF, he's been a heart and soul contributor to the club. I feel something more genuine in him compared to most others.
Two years as SANFL playing coach gets a tick from me.

Pickett will cost 2 first rounders Rankine by the end of next year may only be a 2nd rounder

Rankine obviously is coasting by on talent is he really working hard to be a star? It's gonna take a mental overhaul by him to access the star quality we all know he has. Pretty hard to downhill ski in a team as sh*t as Gold coast
And that's why he'll end up at poort and be a consistent 'talent that will explode next year' until he's 28 and we all realize not much is going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I totally agree with your theory but not necessarily with Lynch. Even though we bagged him occasionally here on BF, he's been a heart and soul contributor to the club. I feel something more genuine in him compared to most others.
Nah,
Move him out this club has been treading water for long enough keeping these guys around.

Rankine would be better then pickett if you put him in that melb side.... pickett in the suns would also be spudding it up.... they are a rabble suns

Pickett wins his own ball when the odds are stacked against him all the time.
He's constantly making something out of nothing.
The kid is a freak at AFL level already and I doubt the team he plays for influences his level of contribution all that much.

The improver vs non improver - Pickett.

it could be a different story if rankine was nurtured in the demons environment

You need outside experience at another club. Unless you want to keep teaching the AFC way.

I would go for luko this year... he's only going to get more expensive.

Rankine .. prob not as long as their mids suck

I wouldn't go for either this year, we need speed and elite decision making and disposal in our midfield. But I fear that me and the coaches don't see eye to eye on that. Either player would cost us our first, which given what's being reported, I'd be happy to downgrade a few spots, but not lose wholesale.

Or maybe we stuffed Jones up by playing him up forward. His 2019 sanfl midfield form was good as was his only midfield AFL game in 2019. 2020 he lost all confidence and even sucked as a sanfl mid.

We did the same thing with Berry, stuck him up forward and his form got worse including his late sanfl form.

after so little footy in 2020, Berry may have just run out of puff. Pretty sure he was being played as a defensive forward, his pressure acts were off the charts relative to his possessions. Routinely double that of Murphy. It's a s**t role/coaching instruction. The only time he got midfield minutes in the ladt half of the year was when he was tagging someone. Can't remember who or which game, but he did attend centre bounces in the second half that day. Wouldn't be hard to find, just look for the game where we had 5 mids attend CBAs with Schoey's dropping off.

Two key areas clangers and turnovers.
Momentum killers that cost games.

One area our midfield excels at and needs the greatest change. If it was only Keays wouldn't be so bad but we have a few maestro's

I skipped some pages, so am wondering why Lyons' year largely playing as a half forward where we valued him as a fringe 22 and shipped him off for SFA is being compared to Keays in a year as 1 of only 3 primary midfielders? Just equalising TOG has him only 2 touches behind Keays. But your post appears to be defending Lyons, when that stat comparison does that anyway if the other poster actually watched the games.

A very interesting conversation today with a dual crows premiership player close to Burns made special comment on the smallness of the crows midfield.
Unlike most here it's fair to say the club or at least one coach recognises it as a serious issue that needs rectifying

I think the challenge will be changing what appears to be a very deliberaTe club led strategy on how best to run a midfield. If that one coach isn't Nicks then there's no hope at all.

Izak still attracting sponsors $$$$'s

COVID DASHES DE GOEY’S US TRIP
A planned trip to the United States for Collingwood star Jordan De Goey has been shelved with a major sponsor cancelling the proposed trip due to Covid complications.

De Goey is working with Coca Cola owned Monster Energy drink and was preparing to travel on an athlete visa to enter the US.

But uncertainty surrounding quarantine, isolation and re-entering Australia for De Goey created too many obstacles for the drink company, so they thought it best to withdraw the application.

The 25 year-old playmaker was really looking forward to the working holiday and was planning to let his hair down on foreign soil, making him the envy of every other AFL footballer in the competition.

A Collingwood executive told Sheahan Ink the club was happy for De Goey to make the trip as it’s a personal sponsor and was to be on his own time.

The vice president Oceania for Monster Energy, Sam Thiele said: “We would have loved to have done it this year, but it just got too hard, and we just couldn’t guarantee he wasn’t going to be quarantined on the way back.”

December 18 is the proposed date our borders could open to international travel with Qantas forecasting flights to the US, Canada and Europe.

Monster Energy recently signed Western Bulldog Bailey Smith, West Coast Eagle Oscar Allen and Gold Coast Sun Izak Rankine.

“We’ve always got our eyes open & Monster as a brand fits certain characters and we want the more outgoing that buck the trends,” Mr Thiele said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back