News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here think we will entertain using Pick 1 to get both these players back home?

What if it ends up being say Pick 2 or Pick 3 ?

Pick 1 for both Luko and Rankine? All day, every day.

Pick 1 for one, well, that depends on the contract. Pick 1s are a completely overrated thing (though, damn scary in the hands of a potential finalist seeing the conditions are near perfect for developing a player), and both are at the talent level of an Anderson/Rowell at least due to being the cream of a strong draft year.

Last edited:

Pick 1 for both Luko and Rankine? All day, every day.

Pick 1 for one, well, that depends on the contract.

Given how much our Club was into both players, I would be surprised if we at least didnt table an offer of Pick 1 for both. I would presume a 2nd would need to be thrown in.

I think it is also dependent where the Suns finish. If they get Pick 2, they may very well consider wanting our Pick 1.

Given how much our Club was into both players, I would be surprised if we at least didnt table an offer of Pick 1 for both. I would presume a 2nd would need to be thrown in.

I think it is also dependent where the Suns finish. If they get Pick 2, they may very well consider wanting our Pick 1.

Right now, it'd be pick 1 for one of them. They were pick 2, and 3 one draft ago and wouldn't have done anything to tank that value. Both is a massive loss for Gold Coast.

As said, I'd do it for one if the contract is reasonable.

Does anyone here think we will entertain using Pick 1 to get both these players back home?

What if it ends up being say Pick 2 or Pick 3 ?
If it's pick 1 or 2, there is no way they will be doing it (due to the 2 standout mids in this year's draft). If it's 3 or 4 (which is at least what we will get from Carlton), then currently it's a yes (and likely Rankine), unless there are new talents that has push themself into the Powell/Anderson range (currently unlikely to happen but who knows at the end of the year).

You couldn't really expect Lukosius to do that much in his first year, at his size. i don't care how talented a player is, eighteen year olds of that size don't dominate right out of the gate. I don't think we can draw any realistic conclusion about how his career will progress from this point yet.

Quality talent but completely over hyped especially by the media.
I've seen a lot of kids come through since the draft first started, and luko was no where near one of the best I've seen.

I think he will become a very good chb some day, in the mould of Nathan Bock.
Just needs to work on his competitiveness and aggression.

+1 This

I know they have invested into bringing in Luko an Rankine last year but if there is any hint they might not sign a contract extension, then GC might decide the chance to get Rowell and Anderson - best mates, school mates, team mates and the clear stand out mids in this draft who both are very likely to have immediate impact, they might entertain a trade

+1 This

I know they have invested into bringing in Luko an Rankine last year but if there is any hint they might not sign a contract extension, then GC might decide the chance to get Rowell and Anderson - best mates, school mates, team mates and the clear stand out mids in this draft who both are very likely to have immediate impact, they might entertain a trade

We are into almost June now and the Suns have yet to sign them onto contract extensions.

Still plenty of time to play out, but given one is injured and the other just got dropped you would think if they were worried about security they would have signed by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-08/i-cant-fault-the-joint-young-sun-right-at-home-in-north

I'm surprised to be sitting here. Young footballer liking life on the Gold Coast. What a shock. Good luck getting this one back to SA.

Of course they're liking life right now, however, whilst there is no contract extension, they're always in danger of being lured.

You may love life in the Gold Coast, but a good offer at a club which is ran better (+ all of the extra stuff we can do that Gold Coast can't by being in a football state), and you have enough to potentially pry him. It won't be out of the goodness of his heart, but you don't sign players out of the goodness of their heart.

Jake Lever also said he saw himself at the Crows for a long time...

Rockliff used to slag off team mates that left Brisbane too.

At the end of the day, it's all about the money.

Apparently Jack was quite good on the weekend but his stats don't suggest anything remarkable. Anyone watch?

Apparently Jack was quite good on the weekend but his stats don't suggest anything remarkable. Anyone watch?
Even his stats suggest he was ok. 12 poss @92%, 6 marks, 2 R50, a goal + 2 score involvements. 333m gained.

I think for a 1st year KPP that’s pretty decent. Looks like he may have spent some time in defence.

Even his stats suggest he was ok. 12 poss @92%, 6 marks, 2 R50, a goal + 2 score involvements. 333m gained.

I think for a 1st year KPP that’s pretty decent. Looks like he may have spent some time in defence.

I quite like the 11 kicks to 1 handball especially at 92%

They do seem to be moving him around a fair bit

It was the best game I've seen him play, showed some of the potential I've been waiting to see. Nailed a beautiful long goal from a set shot at one point while he was absolutely gassed to the max. Generally speaking just looked to be adjusting to the game a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back