News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROB has passed his exam with flying colours.

Now we try everything to get Luko and or Rankine with our picks this year and next. May as well throw them out there. Only time we are going to have a pick so low.

Will also need to throw our future 1st, which I wouldn't mind (as I think we still have a list to play finals next year).
1, 19 and our pick in the 20s.

Gives Gold Coast 1&2, draft Rowell and Anderson who are close mates. They’ve basically set up their midfield in one draft.

I reckon GC would have taken Luko and Rankine last year if they had picks 1 & 2, there is 0 chance they give them up for pick 1 this year unless they think they won't deliver on their talent or know they will leave.

Pick 1, Gibbs and pick 19 for Luko and Rankine.
Essentially they get Rowell, Anderson, Gibbs, and pick 19. Obviously using their own pick as well as our pick 1, Gibbs and pick 19.

Last edited:
Still wouldn't get it done. I reckon we'd somehow have to come up with another top 10 pick to even get them to the table.
I think they might bite if they want Rowell and Anderson. Think Kelly and Coniglio for Gws. This could setup GC midfield for a decade. Even if they leave they will get 2 firsts for each.

Last edited:
I reckon GC would have taken Luko and Rankine last year if they had picks 1 & 2, there is 0 chance they give them up for pick 1 this year unless they think they won't deliver on their talent or know they will leave.
And if the club has any thought at all about making a play for either of them, they should be in the agents ear constantly so that Luko and / or Rankine know that the club is extremely serious about making a trade happen and has the draft capital this year to adequately compensate GC. That in itself might present the opportunity for either of the lads to let GC know they want to return to SA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still wouldn't get it done. I reckon we'd somehow have to come up with another top 10 pick to even get them to the table.
The pick 19 and our 2nd might be enough to tempt GWS into a trade for the Essendon pick they have as they need points for their NGA player who is likely to go in the top 5 or 6 at this stage and might look at a trade down favorably. So maybe pick 1 or 2 and pick 7 or 8 might be possible to offer

The pick 19 and our 2nd might be enough to tempt GWS into a trade for the Essendon pick they have as they need points for their NGA player who is likely to go in the top 5 or 6 at this stage and might look at a trade down favorably. So maybe pick 1 or 2 and pick 7 or 8 might be possible to offer

Yep that's what I would be looking at, Luko and Rankine for 1/2 and 7/8 I would do in a heartbeat.

is luko still tracking as that once in a generational forward?

rankine, i still watch his highlights and get movement.
Look, at this stage you'd have to say there are questions about what Lukosius can actually be - it might just be he's a Tom Lynch connector. Which is good, but less that the OTT way he was being talked about.

Rankine hasn't been able to get on the ground and has had a serious hamstring issue as a 19 year old.

Red flags.

I wouldn't give up the number 1 and number 7 pick for them.

Rankine is still listed as 2 weeks away with the hamstring injury
Must be near 3 months now. The second was recurring though wasn’t it ?
Don’t think he’ll play AFL this year
3 weeks away plus has to gain match fitness in NEAFL
Could come to us after never even pulling on a GC Suns jumper in an AFL game

My offer would be based on where we finish this year. If we have a very poor second half of the season and it appears as if we could dramatically drop down the ladder next year, this offer could/would be revised.

Pick 1 (2019) and 19 as well as our our first round pick for 2020 for Lukosius, Rankin and the Gold Coast Suns second round pick

In: Rankin ~ Lukosius ~ second round pick ~19-23 in 2020
Out: Pick 1, pick 19 and a 2020 (preferably around 15-19) and Knights

He's inexperienced yes, but Luko's lack of awareness cost Gold Coast a win there. One of many mistakes from that side but he was ordinary. Hasn't shown enough to justify throwing Carlton's pick at him versus rolling the dice on the top 3 in this draft.

He's inexperienced yes, but Luko's lack of awareness cost Gold Coast a win there. One of many mistakes from that side but he was ordinary. Hasn't shown enough to justify throwing Carlton's pick at him versus rolling the dice on the top 3 in this draft.
I agree. He made a couple of serious errors in the last.

Look, at this stage you'd have to say there are questions about what Lukosius can actually be - it might just be he's a Tom Lynch connector. Which is good, but less that the OTT way he was being talked about.

Rankine hasn't been able to get on the ground and has had a serious hamstring issue as a 19 year old.

Red flags.

I wouldn't give up the number 1 and number 7 pick for them.

There isn't any red flags whatsoever with Luko currently. He's a first year KPF with what, 12 games behind him. By that alone, he's exceeded every expectation a first year KPF has, even one with the hype behind him.

They're a slow burn thing, and it's not going to be until 2021-22 that we'll get a real good idea if Luko is that generational talent, or a overhyped junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back