News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MemoryLane

Team Captain
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
or it also means that the crows were not 100% to get him back..maybe the rumors last year that we were very lukosius focused were correct and that rankine was not a top priority for us (although god only knows why he would not have been)

Just because Luko was at the top of the whiteboard doesn't mean we wouldn't have taken Rankine if we could have.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Just because Luko was at the top of the whiteboard doesn't mean we wouldn't have taken Rankine if we could have.
We were very keen on Connor Rozee, I think we'd have taken him before Rankine. Both hey shorty and I were very keen on Rozee over Rankine in the run up to the draft and copped quite a bit of flak over it.....Not looking too bad currently.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We were very keen on Connor Rozee, I think we'd have taken him before Rankine. Both hey shorty and I were very keen on Rozee over Rankine in the run up to the draft and copped quite a bit of flak over it.....Not looking too bad currently.
to be fair, we have not yet seen Rankine due to injury..lets see how he goes with a clear run..I think he will be magic

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
to be fair, we have not yet seen Rankine due to injury..lets see how he goes with a clear run..I think he will be magic
He will be, but unfortunately it'll be harder to impress up there.

He will have to improve his defensive output that's for sure.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think there were a number of people keen on Rozee, most particularly because he was seen as attainable at around 5-8.

The other 2 were pie in the sky and locked in to 2/3.

That Port we’re so aggressive and single minded about nailing that draft, put us to shame really

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think there were a number of people keen on Rozee, most particularly because he was seen as attainable at around 5-8.

That Port we’re so aggressive and single minded about nailing that draft, put us to shame really
I'm still of the opinion Rozee will have a more productive career than Rankine, my opinion has always been temperament based.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

I still wonder whether we would have played him or not.

I'm led to believe he was number 4 on our board, hence the big talk about us trying to get St Kildas pick 4. The sticking point was Port were certainties to grab M King is he fell.

MemoryLane

Team Captain
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

Wish we had got him! I'm still not sure AFC wouldve played him more than Chayce though. The mentality seems fixed.

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the luko and rankine boat has sailed personally
Hopefully it's pick 2 and some aggressive trading and give the youngsters a go
short term pain

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Suns have big money to shell out. They have lost their two highest paid players last year, and are trying to prove they wont lose any more young talent. So if Rankine was on $80k this year, and next, the GC just re did his contract so that he is on $250-300k in years 2, 3 and 4.
Of course he would sign.

What's wrong with this Rankine kid?

Why would he want to stay with easybeats like the Gold Coast when he could play SANFL with us?
Not exactly sure which react to give this because they nearly all apply.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the luko and rankine boat has sailed personally
Hopefully it's pick 2 and some aggressive trading and give the youngsters a go
short term pain

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk
as long as the AFL don't shaft us by giving GC a PP, we are very well set. If what some others on our board have mentioned comes to pass re Greenwood, then if Luko is out of the question, we should be targeting their Brisbane 1st - it may be that Greenwood and our 2nd for their Brisbane 1st is a possibility and then it would give us a great draft hand

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Suns have big money to shell out. They have lost their two highest paid players last year, and are trying to prove they wont lose any more young talent. So if Rankine was on $80k this year, and next, the GC just re did his contract so that he is on $250-300k in years 2, 3 and 4.
Of course he would sign.

The earlier players are taken in the draft, the more cash they earn in their first year. First-round draftees receive more money than second-rounders, who also earn more than draftees taken in the third round or later.
For instance, players taken in the top 20 picks this November will be on a base salary of $95,000 in 2019. They’ll also receive $4000 per senior match and bonuses for reaching certain game milestones (ie. they’ll earn a $12,000 bonus if they play over 15 games).
Those figures, under the CBA, will increase for their second year in 2020, with the base salary jumping to anywhere between $100,000 and $130,000, depending on the amount of games the players have played in their first season in 2019. (The full player payment breakdown can be viewed in the CBA on the AFL Players’ Association’s website.)

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues
Of course he would sign.

Exactly unless other clubs had whispered in his ear actual dollar amounts what 18-19 year old is going to turn that down particularly if you haven't actually played a game yet?
He is currently loving the sun and time to teach his dog new tricks - which are quite impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back