News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm, I feel sad saying it, but if I were a young player with the football world at my feet, Adelaide would be about the last club i’d want to sign with.
Remember there would be meetings with Roo, Birdman, Pyke, Hart, Campo etc.
What was the last ‘big’ signing we made? Darren Jarman?

Hmm, I feel sad saying it, but if I were a young player with the football world at my feet, Adelaide would be about the last club i’d want to sign with.
Remember there would be meetings with Roo, Birdman, Pyke, Hart, Campo etc.
What was the last ‘big’ signing we made? Darren Jarman?

Eddie Betts.

Was he though at the time?
Turned out to be a gun.

I remember north had some interest but no one else cept us.

Yes he was. One of the competitions best small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a lot of questions over it at the time, and a common "$500k for a small forward, wtf" theme.

He was one of the best, but had been fairly ordinary under mick malthouse.

In retrospect a great pick up, and certainly some felt he was big at the time, but it was far from unanimous that it was a gun signing for us - at the time.

Last edited:
Yes he was. One of the competitions best small forwards.

Eddie Betts being a star signing at the time or not, that is beside the point. We have not signed many star players in our time.

Darren Jarman in 1995
Wayne Carey in 2003
Scott Thompson in 2004
Tom Lynch in 2010

And

Eddie Betts in 2014

Take Lynch and Thompson out as they were young players. Jarman, Carey and Betts in 30 years. Fantastic list!!

There was a lot of questions over it at the time, and a common "$500k for a small forward, wtf" theme.

He was one of the best, but had been fairly ordinary under mick malthouse.

In retrospect a great pick up, and certainly some felt he was big at the time, but it was far better from unanimous that it was a gun signing for us - at the time.

Absolutely spot on. Lots of people questioning that decision at the time.

Was funny because it was almost seen to be more positive that we were picking up Podsiadly than it was Betts.

Rankine enjoying the riches of being a high profile recruit to a side desperate for retention. Barely played any footy but has the new car and new fat contract. Good for him.

I’m more interested that Luko clearly wants no part in any of it. And you can bet if he did they would be trumpeting it.
Dew met with every SA based players family this week..... except Lukos.

Coincidence ??

I agree with the previous poster, jarman was the last big signing at the time of signing.
I don't agree Betts was.
Sure, but you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back