News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
See I don't think it is, you always have mates around. You don't always play footy with them nor need to.
Right, so training and playing together and having the thrill of victory with your mates is the same as achieving a sales target for the same company?

I didnt see many hugs and bum slaps when I worked in an office.

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
Of course being mates with someone isn’t going to be the primary consideration and I’ve never suggested it would be.

The deal and the club would be paramount, but if it’s pretty similar, you don’t think having your best mate in your ear telling you how good it is at the club and how good it would be sharing their football careers would have any impact?

Are you assuming what Rozee is telling him about the club is positive?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Of course being mates with someone isn’t going to be the primary consideration and I’ve never suggested it would be.

The deal and the club would be paramount, but if it’s pretty similar, you don’t think having your best mate in your ear telling you how good it is at the club and how good it would be sharing their football careers would have any impact?
Depends how they go.

If your mate is in your ear how great the club is and the club has not won a Final in 6,7,8 plus years you need to question your mate.

Port are gonna struggle for.a.few.more years yet. Look at their list balance. A lot of old guys about to retire. Not much mid mid aged quality. But some real u/23 quality.

Polec joined Port when they were on the cusp of their Dynasty.

If we want Luko, we need to get our s**t together before he decides GC is not where he wants to be.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And given how we've desperately wanted him for 4 years I'm not sure we will let it slip.

We've got until then to show that we've got our s**t together. Our image is pretty bad at present, but a new coach and some cancers gone from the club is a good start.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Right, so training and playing together and having the thrill of victory with your mates is the same as achieving a sales target for the same company?

You worked in the wrong office.

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
Surely you are clutching here? But lets assume its a little less positive and he wants to come home, which club is more positive?

Ask me mid next year. Things turn very quickly.

How many years since finals for Port Power? Everyone knows of the off field issues there. How did they improve their squad for 2020 in the trade period? Hinkley is just about done. They aren't going great financially, crowds are poor. Stars are getting old. Their brand is not great right now, are they on the way up or down?

We've hit our rock bottom, the upswing has started, off field at least. I'm positive about our young guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Jeez, Elite, in an office these are grounds for dismissal under the code of conduct. ;) Perhaps, it should be the same on the field? :think:

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Luko re-signed with Suns.
I wonder how much they had to offer him!!

Edit. When port traded out of next years 1st round it did start the thought train that Luko was not coming back next year as there is no doubt that port would have thrown the kitchen sink at him to come back there and would have loaded up next year accordingly

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do you know how big the offer was?
I don't know. He seems to love it on GC. See the Herald article. One quote
“I went to Europe with my family and then back to Adelaide for my break and it was good to be home but I only really had eyes for the Gold Coast.

“I really want to be a versatile player but I would like to eventually settle as a forward playing alongside Ben. It’s exciting to think about playing with him.
“We both want to develop together and we could be building something pretty special. We have some good mids developing too and I can’t see why we can’t take the league on for a long time.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back