Bring back the barometer

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I agree with the decision, but I am however really pleased for Rhys because his love for the club and the players is so infectious that from the outside looking in, he's as mad about the Lions as all of us on here so good on him and who doesn't want clubmen like him.

HELL YES - another two years!!!

So happy for a great bloke and developing player.

Better than I hoped for. I wasn't game to start a get the boy another contract thread - I was too chicken to cop the abuse.

Don't underestimate the need for and importance of players who bring the energy to training and game days, and who care more about the team than themselves. They bring out the best in the people around them who have a higher ceiling.

Happy dance happy dance happy dance

It's on lions YouTube. Don't know how to add the link.
Abuse you should not have to cop but maybe you confuse that abuse with a different opinion thats not yours and mistake that for abuse.

I am happy for Rhys with his new contract but firmly believe he is another who wastes a list spot for another young recruit who has the potential to be more.

Abuse you should not have to cop but maybe you confuse that abuse with a different opinion thats not yours and mistake that for abuse.

I am happy for Rhys with his new contract but firmly believe he is another who wastes a list spot for another young recruit who has the potential to be more.

You're right. Not abuse, but much negativity. He doesn't have a large fan supporter base in bigfoooty. He now has two years to turn that around and I hope he does.

You're right. Not abuse, but much negativity. He doesn't have a large fan supporter base in bigfoooty. He now has two years to turn that around and I hope he does.
I think most are supporters of Rhys Mathieson the bloke.
Just not supporters of Rhys Mathieson the AFL Footballer.

You could do a lot worse than having Matho as depth on minimum wage.

His biggest supporter is Fagan and the entire Brisbane lions playing list. And the only reason why Matho isn't in our starting squad is because of Neale. That tells you how highly Fagan and co rate him.

And if he had been traded to another club we would have wished him all the very best like we do Keays, did Patfull etc and not with delicate schadenfreude felt when the likes of Karnesis fail to reach the heights they perceived themselves to be destined for.

Matho well and truly back now and should be mightily motivated for a massive pre-season.

I suspect when the club re-signed Matho it did so knowing Lachie was leaving, hence the 2 years.

Didn't make sense last week when the deal was announced, but it does so now.

Matho well and truly back now and should be mightily motivated for a massive pre-season.

I suspect when the club re-signed Matho it did so knowing Lachie was leaving, hence the 2 years.

Didn't make sense last week when the deal was announced, but it does so now.

Yeah look Neale is a great bloke this isn't something he'd just spring on the club.

HELL YES - another two years!!!

So happy for a great bloke and developing player.

Better than I hoped for. I wasn't game to start a get the boy another contract thread - I was too chicken to cop the abuse.

Don't underestimate the need for and importance of players who bring the energy to training and game days, and who care more about the team than themselves. They bring out the best in the people around them who have a higher ceiling.

Happy dance happy dance happy dance

It's on lions YouTube. Don't know how to add the link.

Not sure he’s been developing. To be brutal, he has t got much better since his first season. Statistically he’s got worse

Not sure he’s been developing. To be brutal, he has t got much better since his first season. Statistically he’s got worse
Up until the final against Melb I thought the quality of his contribution had improved this year. Took a step back under finals pressure, but he isn't alone there.

Up until the final against Melb I thought the quality of his contribution had improved this year. Took a step back under finals pressure, but he isn't alone there.

Not that he usually plays as a full time midfielder but his best game is still. The GWS game IIRC in his second season after Beams got injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back