Bring back the bump

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
One of the most appealing things about discussing footy on a forum, as compared to discussing it with mates at the pub, is the ability to bump old posts. To gloat when you are proven right by time and to mock in a good mannered way those who are proven to be tragically wrong. You cant do that at the pub because your mates deny or play down past conversations when they are dead set wrong. But with a post bump history is presented in all its ugly glory.

the bump is one of the reasons I big footy (Cos most of the time Im right).

However, a discussion among the mods on the cats board has revealed that some mods actually think the bump is wrong. They frown on bumps and want to discourage it. I was horrified and actually gave my first ever dislike to a post frowning on bumps even though I despise dislike posts.

I have two requests.

1) mods need to be reinformed that big footy is ultimately an entertainment forum, not a data management system (you made this very clear when you rejected my request to ban the dislike and lol buttons). Posters want to bump. Let us bump. Encourage it in fact. Sure it makes forums messy but its damn fun to read bump threads.

2) can we develop a tool where we can mark our posts (and others posts) for future thread bumping potential. This would create a list within our account which we can see just the posts we want to bump and when we are ready to bump them years later all we have to do is click on them and like magic we have bumped the thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back