Remove this Banner Ad

Roysforever

All Australian
Oct 28, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Melbourne Storm
Being the anniversary of this great match I naturally had to watch the closing passages of play today. Listening to the commentary and in particular Bruce's final minute of play he was a quality commentator once upon a time. It seemed Bruce anticipated the captivating finale by Roos and proceeded to call the action for all it was worth. I miss this sort of quality he was known for delivering across numerous sports. Instead his capabilities have diminished in an effort to keep up with modern loud styles.

At the risk of offending Collingwood folk I recall this as another vintage Bruce performance. Does anyone have any further examples of quality, non delicious, Bruce to upload and share?

15-20 years ago Bruce sat comfortably with Martin Tyler. He was that good. The Bruce of 15-20 years ago would cry himself to sleep at the current version and his idiotic offerings.
Bruce: "Do you know Den, that is the tenth time, in his career that he has had 8 kicks or more in the second quarter at the MCG on a friday night when kicking to the city end in the month of July when it has been raining"

Dennis: "Really Bruce, that's fascinating"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back