Opinion Bring Back The "WOOF"

Remove this Banner Ad

After a few years of wilderness...

Who can be appointed the new left foot "woof".

Both new boys (O'Brien and Schumacher) have a terrific left foot.

Thoughts?
Why does the woof guy have to be a leftie? Isn't it about how far they kick it not which foot they use.

I think you'd want to see someone who is established in the 22 that kicks it a mile doing so on a consistent basis before you'd consider it rather than giving it to a kid that's never played a game because they have a reputation of being a long kick.

Last edited:
Why does the woof guy have to be a leftie? The first was Val Perovic - a right footer. Isn't it about how far they kick it not which foot they use.

I think you'd want to see someone who is established in the 22 that kicks it a mile doing so on a consistent basis before you'd consider it rather than giving it to a kid that's never played a game because they have a reputation of being a long kick.

yes! you don't want to call it too early... some were calling for the esteemed woof to be rolled out for once fancied first round pick Mathew Watson but in the end mathew gave little bark or biter...more than a wimper...

we need to woof back tho!

Why does the woof guy have to be a leftie? Isn't it about how far they kick it not which foot they use.

It doesn’t. Val Perovic was a right footer and the first woof that I can remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes! you don't want to call it too early... some were calling for the esteemed woof to be rolled out for once fancied first round pick Mathew Watson but in the end mathew gave little bark or biter...more than a wimper...

we need to woof back tho!
I think he wagged his tail though .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back