Prediction Bring Heath Shaw home

Remove this Banner Ad

Heater's in a bit of denial there I think - numbers have fallen off the cliff this year and he's 35 in November so it looks like time for him to hang up the boots.

325 games is an outstanding career and he's been as consistently good and durable across the journey as anyone has been.

Yep, people also forget it was Shaw and Beams drinking together at the HARP Hotel during the 2014 Copeland when Beams didn’t turn up, Shaw having being traded a year earlier.

Shaw was part of the old brigade that left the clubs on indifferent terms and no longer fit in personality wise.

Yep, people also forget it was Shaw and Beams drinking together at the HARP Hotel during the 2014 Copeland when Beams didn’t turn up, Shaw having being traded a year earlier.

Shaw was part of the old brigade that left the clubs on indifferent terms and no longer fit in personality wise.

In saying that alot of water has gone under the bridge since then. You would love the thought of Shawry working alongside our younger half backs like Quaynor and Noble for example.

In saying that alot of water has gone under the bridge since then. You would love the thought of Shawry working alongside our younger half backs like Quaynor and Noble for example.
Yeah you would. Still a premiership player and will never forget the spoil on Riewoldt on the goal line in the grand final. Would really love to have Stevie J working on our forwards.

I don't think that much water has gone under the bridge since last year when Heater said he isn't on friendly terms with Bucks.

I'm surprised so many people here are forgetting this.

I don't think that much water has gone under the bridge since last year when Heater said he isn't on friendly terms with Bucks.

I'm surprised so many people here are forgetting this.

He also said last year he has matured alot and is happy to let anything that happened in the past remain in the past.
Not expecting him to say he wants to come back to Collingwood, as l think North is the obvious club for him.

The last thing we need is Heath Shaw coming back.
Who's spot does he take in defence?

Has to be one of Crisp/Maynard/Quaynor/Noble.
Defence is the one area we don't need any additions unless it's an A grader via trade.

Shaw still wants to play, and we are not the right destination, the ex player returning narrative always pulls the heart strings.. but it ain't happening.

The last thing we need is Heath Shaw coming back.
Who's spot does he take in defence?

Has to be one of Crisp/Maynard/Quaynor/Noble.
Defence is the one area we don't need any additions unless it's an A grader via trade.

Shaw still wants to play, and we are not the right destination, the ex player returning narrative always pulls the heart strings.. but it ain't happening.

Quaynor Wing

Noble VFL

It isn't that hard to find a spot........

Quaynor Wing

Noble VFL

and Waste Money on a Player that is not really needed and long past his best.

Get a Forward with that Money as something we badly need

and Waste Money on a Player that is not really needed and long past his best.

Get a Forward with that Money as something we badly need

Coaching/Playing one year Dave.............kill two birds with one stone.

On minimum $ Dave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coach yes and only a Player IF have money and a Spot Left.
I don't think Shaw will have that many suiters, a deal around the veteran minimum plus match payments (if he achieves them) should be enough to entice him. That is if he wants to play under Bucks.

Signing Shaw could actually help our salary cap, rather than hinder it.

It'll also allow a great Collingwood player to retire on his own terms and not be delisted, which I think we should at least entertain.

Not sure why you're comparing him to Beams.
They both left in unhappy, with coach and club, should never have got Beams back, and it will be the same with heath, he wants to play, who’s spot does he take, and if so will he get along with the coach.
Nice dream but not realistic

Quaynor Wing

Noble VFL

Gross. Shaw is cooked, let his brother have him rather than pushing a young promising player down the pecking order.

Gross. Shaw is cooked, let his brother have him rather than pushing a young promising player down the pecking order.

I can't believe anyone could possibly suggest bringing him back at 35 years of age. Madness.

I can't believe anyone could possibly suggest bringing him back at 35 years of age. Madness.

If he wasn't a former Collingwood premiership player would any of us be interested in recruiting a 35yo in a position we aren't currently lacking in?

Might as well ask Kade Simpson to consider coming out of retirement!

They both left in unhappy, with coach and club, should never have got Beams back, and it will be the same with heath, he wants to play, who’s spot does he take, and if so will he get along with the coach.
Nice dream but not realistic
He has matured heaps.......helped Coach the GWS AFLW team.

Is a coach on field.

Watched plenty of GWS games and he definitely has one year in him........he isn’t cooked Apex36

Seen Noble play this year?
Yes I have.........who better to learn the caper from in 2021.

We (all Clubs) are trying to cut costs (Buddha gone ☹) he would be the perfect coach/player for ONE year in 2021........just saying.

Two birds one stone.........

He has matured heaps.......helped Coach the GWS AFLW team.

Is a coach on field.

Watched plenty of GWS games and he definitely has one year in him........he isn’t cooked Apex36

. Yes I have.........who better to learn the caper from in 2021.

We (all Clubs) are trying to cut costs (Buddha gone ☹) he would be the perfect coach/player for ONE year in 2021........just saying.

Two birds one stone.........

So bring him in as a coach. Although Boyd is doing well down there also

We dont need him

Is it the same people complaining that the Pies coaching staff is a boys club who also want Shaw back to transition into coaching? I’m confused.

The Librarian is a champion and I love him, but time has passed and both parties have moved on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back