Prediction Bring Heath Shaw home

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a chance. The Beams return backfired in the worst way, as amiable a fella as Shaw is, he can be very petulant on the field and doesn't mind throwing around the blame in the backline when things don't go well.
We don't need what he has to offer

Its all ben covered, why is it even a topic any more?

I love Heater, we have zero need for him right now. Our defence is fantastic, it has literally carried the rest of our team into finals.

Let him retire with dignity and make him a life member ASAP (is it 5 years? I forget).

If by some remote chance we did pick him up I'd say thats an admission Bucks is in his last year in 2021 and is smelling the roses, righting old wrongs and patching up broken hearts. He could talk Beams around too, make Lumumba an assistant and bring Malthouse back as his deputy with an agreement to hand over the senior role in 2022...

Shaw isn’t coming out of retirement, he’d be continuing his career. There are plenty of people being ageist about this proposal.
My guess is he’d play for virtually minimum wage.
So, do we need him, can he get a long with the coaches and playing group, what does he bring to the club, what benefit is there for us.

Its all ben covered, why is it even a topic any more?

I love Heater, we have zero need for him right now. Our defence is fantastic, it has literally carried the rest of our team into finals.

Let him retire with dignity and make him a life member ASAP (is it 5 years? I forget).

If by some remote chance we did pick him up I'd say thats an admission Bucks is in his last year in 2021 and is smelling the roses, righting old wrongs and patching up broken hearts. He could talk Beams around too, make Lumumba an assistant and bring Malthouse back as his deputy with an agreement to hand over the senior role in 2022...
Nice

And what’s that got to do with now
After 2018 capitulation it would be nice to have a player who never rolls over and gives up.
I know many don’t understand this and are happy to have coach and players give a one or two quarter effort.
You always get 4 manic quarters of effort from Heater.
Challenge you to name one current Pie player who has given 4 quarters this year.
oh, oh....and one coach!

My heart says yes, but my brain says no. Don't see it happening. Always loved him as a player and was disappointed when he left, but best he doesn't come back. Wouldn't be mad at all if he did though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the idea of having a Veteran as a playing coach, especially with the soft cap being lowered. It has worked well with Ben Hudson, Luke Hodge, Grant Birchall and Sam Mitchell but I don't think Heath would be the right fit for us.

I could see Lynden Dunn staying on the rookie list as insurance if Roughy goes down, he's highly rated as a leader and would barely cost us anything in terms of salary. That would also depend on how the big the playing list reductions are.

After 2018 capitulation it would be nice to have a player who never rolls over and gives up.
I know many don’t understand this and are happy to have coach and players give a one or two quarter effort.
Challenge you to name one current Pie player who has given 4 quarters this year.
oh, oh....and one coach!
For a start Moore, Adams, Pendles, roughed. Have you watched him play this year. He was beaten regularly for the first time.
As for not rolling over and four quarter effort, have you forgotten his last year with us. It was not pretty. As for some of us are happy for one or two good quarters, that humorous really, na it’s rubbish

I don't mind the idea of having a Veteran as a playing coach, especially with the soft cap being lowered. It has worked well with Ben Hudson, Luke Hodge, Grant Birchall and Sam Mitchell but I don't think Heath would be the right fit for us.

I could see Lynden Dunn staying on the rookie list as insurance if Roughy goes down, he's highly rated as a leader and would barely cost us anything in terms of salary. That would also depend on how the big the playing list reductions are.
I think it’s time for dunny as well to retire and move into coaching

oh, oh....and one coach!

Maynard, Moore, Adams, Pendlebury, Gaynor, Noble have all put together many 4 quarter games this year.
I'm happy if you cash in your membership and follow Richmond or Geelong

Wouldnt have any issues bringing him back for a year....what has happened in the past is water under the bridge.

Technically we could easily make room for him with the likes of Reid Dunn Beams Langdon Scharenberg and possibly Varcoe all "senior" players likely to not be at the club next year, many of them being defenders.... so adding depth back has merit.

Hes never suffered an injury in his career and is fully fit.

However the defence is strong and there is no real reason to bring him in unless its as depth. I doubt hes an upgrade on our current back six... although maybe he could free Crisp or Maynard up to play midfield

The real risk is whether he is simply too old. His output was down this year. In all likelihood , his time us up.

I wouldnt say no without thinking about it fully........ but no.

He deserves an opportunity to retire rather than be delisted. Hes a champion of the game and bigger champion of the Collingwood Football Club.

Only if he takes a minimum salary and knows the liklehood of a game is nearing zero, I'd be happy to entertain.

Having Shaw can actually help our salary cap situation given the minimum amount we'd pay him, rather than retaining a Scharenberg/Langdon who arent getting games due to LTI's or being out of favour.

He deserves an opportunity to retire rather than be delisted. Hes a champion of the game and bigger champion of the Collingwood Football Club.

Only if he takes a minimum salary and knows the liklehood of a game is nearing zero, I'd be happy to entertain.

Having Shaw can actually help our salary cap situation given the minimum amount we'd pay him, rather than retaining a Scharenberg/Langdon who arent getting games due to LTI's or being out of favour.

Need to take the emotion out of it, he will always be a champion of the football club regardless.

Daisy Thomas was told by Carlton his time was up, he was essentially forced to retire whilst putting his hand up if another club wanted him. These things happen.

Can’t get emotional and think we are a retirement home for past players to either play on or move into coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back