Bring in the Cows - But which teams will they come from?

Which team will provide the most Cows

• Adelaide

• Brisbane

• Carlton

• Collingwood

• Essendon

• Fremantle

• Geelong

• Gold Coast

• Giants

• Hawthorn

• Melbourne

• North Melbourne

• Port Adelaide

• Richmond

• StKilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only rookie priced Pie I'm eyeing off this early is Scharenberg. Won't be basement but should be cheap enough, do you see him getting a go early if he's fit?
As Tox said, yes if he's fit. We'll be extremely cautious with him though

hopefully get a few good dpp's that slide

whoever port get with pick 14 and 17 should get a good go and wont be to overpriced either
Definitely not mate. With all our players returning from injury, you will not see any of our draft picks early on. A couple may play a few throughout the year, but definitely will not be guaranteed picks.

Sharron-Berg up and running toxic
Good value?

Mature age guys maybe, Liam Ryan as a fwd bench pick.
X factor extremo, if played could cash up but may burnout quickly, kind of like Milera.

So now the national draft is done

Any Cow potential in your teams draftees?

Saints trades
Steele will get games
Stevens same
Brown will only play when we play teams with power fwds imo. Not for SC anyway

Saints draftees
Long - Second half of 2017 possibly as small fwd.
Battle - Year 12 & development. No chance of early games and behind several now anyway.
Phillips - No chance of games in 2017

SC prospects
Carlisle will be discounted but no for me
Dempster will go back to sweeper role prev AA. Could go large this year.
Billings finally fit and reported to be bigger and working hard in off season.

Richmond trades:
Prestia goes straight into that midfield
Caddy likewise and will probably have a greater mid role than at Geelong
Nankervis will be trying to knock off Hampson as number 1 ruck

Richmond draftees:
Bolton pretty light but small forwards can play early as we saw with Rioli last year
Graham definitely ready to go, won the Larke medal, 183cm 83kg inside mid
Garthwaite probably a while away, KPP and still needs to put on a bit of size

SC prospects:
Vlastuin finally looks like he is moving into the midfield, could be a good DEF option
McIntosh could be interesting if he gets given DEF with a discount
Bunch of kids who will be cheap jostling for spots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel the same as bananatigz
Prestia into the mids, will be good but not a 110 player so I'll pass.
Caddy will be in there too and if he get DPP I will strongly consider, don't think it'll happen though.
Loved getting Nankervis, will overtake Hampson on time but won't come close to Gawn or Goldy so no thanks.

Bolton could get a gig early, don't think he'd make a good cow but might have to fall back in him.
Graham should be a fat cow if he makes the 22 or we have a couple injuries.
Garthwaite KPP, avoid.

Very excited about Vlastuin in the mids, but this would require Dimma having at least half a clue, so I won't hold my breath.

Talk on Saints board is Long could play R1.

Apparently Richo wants him in the Cyril role which would likely mean Wright misses out.

If he makes R1 I will consider as cheap fwd rookie.

Last edited:
Poll added for interests sake

3 votes allowed each! Enough???

Last edited:
West Coast run down.

I can see Rioli playing a heap of games for us next year but he's a mystery and on the edge of best 22. Ill be watching him.

Mitchell will average the same and might effect Priddis scoring.

Vardy should do well but might break down and will spend all year fighting for a spot.

Venables will be managed and I don't expect him to play early. Might be a nice downgrade target.

Rotham could be anything. Watch closely for pre season form etc but don't expect him to be a top cash cow.

Waterman will be lucky to play more than a game or two to let him have a taste.

David myers, will play regular games, was priced at 250k last season before suspensions. Big inside mid, tackling machine, contested ball winner and long accurate kick.

Only downside is he haa averaged 70ish over past few season, only want him to make me 170k. should be around 220ish at the start.

Definitely not mate. With all our players returning from injury, you will not see any of our draft picks early on. A couple may play a few throughout the year, but definitely will not be guaranteed picks.
Powell-Pepper is considered by many to be a lock for round 1. Atley is 50/50 with a few of the posters. Marshall and Drew wont play senior footy in 2017 IMO

Port Adelaide Run Down

Trades: i think we forgot how to trade in or out a player:oops:

Draftees:
Marshall is a good 2-3 years away from playing any senior football and 4-5 from scoring consistently. Shouldnt play in 2017, unless we are desperate.
Powell-Pepper is a good chance to play round 1. Solid body in and around the contest, has a Dusty Martin look about him, but kicks like Danger.
Atley might see some games in the 2nd half of the year, depending on injury and form. Hopefully a good downgrade target just after byes.
Drew, I think, is unlikely to play much in 2017. Should have DEF/MID dpp for anyone looking for a swingman.

SC Prospects:
Obviously Robbie is number 1. With the arrival of SPP, Atley and Drew, we could see him play more up fwd in 2017, partnering with Wingard to form their lethal combo once again. LOCK
Ryder
should keep him ruck/fwd and could be a handy pickup for teams looking to have some coverage in the rucks. Will be a bit rusty early on, but looks in fine shape and will be ready to rumble come round 1. WATCH AND SEE
Pittard
upped his average to 95 and was a hell of a lot more consistent than when i had him in 2015. Our main man coming out of defence with his run and carry, look for him to emulate his 2016 season, with a tad more consistency due to the arrivals of DBJ and Bonner. POSSIBLE LOCK
Aidyn Johnson, Will Snelling, Jesse Palmer, Dougal Howard, Billy Frampton
and Sam Powell-Pepper are all possible rookie options, but obviously watch their NAB form and round 1 teams before deciding on any rookies. WATCH AND SEE

brisbane will provide some good cows

berry has to be pretty close to a lock

witherden will hopefully be a good downgrader

mcluggage lock if m/f if mid only probably not worth the extra 100k

cox no idea at this stage

Thanks TheBeardAmigos for the template (copy and paste)
Collingwood Run Down

Trades:
Chris Mayne -
Will average 80 in my opinion. Will get a few points through tackles and possessions, but doesn't score enough to be a reliable forward. PASS.
Daniel Wells - Coming off his 2nd best season in terms of season average, Wells might still be a piece of gold in 2017 but at a premium price, likely around the $520k mark. Age doubled up with injuries makes it too risky for me and I'll likely pass. LIKELY NOT.
Will Hoskin-Elliott - The kid has some uncovered potential on the field, but not on our screens. NO.
Lynden Dunn - Has averaged at least 82 in 3 of the last 4 seasons so he can prove to be handy but probably not a serious inclusion to your team. PASS.

Draftees:
Sam McLarty might see some footy next year but one should not recruit new key position players, unless his name is Weitering. Don't touch.
Callum Brown will be at the basement price for senior listed players and might be a unique pickup on your bench. He'll play but not a lot so a no from me.
Daicos will likely have a FWD/MID dpp so that is good but I don't think he'll play any more than 6 or 7 games so it's a no from me.
Kayle Kirby could be a good pick-up for your forward bench but I'd wait to see how he performs first. I'm guessing his ceiling in Year 1 is similar to Daniel Rioli this year.

SC Prospects:
Scott Pendlebury; the fact that he is commonly referred to Dependlebury speaks for itself. I'll have him in for the whole pre-season until a Herald Sun post sucks me into picking up a cheaper midfielder "guaranteed" to have a big year. Bullsh*t. POTENTIAL LOCK.
Adam Treloar -
had an amazing year espite an interrupted pre-season and cruised at the end of the season, averaging 130 in the back 5 games of the year. With a full pre-season could come a 115+ average and a Brownlow medal, but perhaps that's my bias talking. LOCK.
Jordan De Goey - Could be an inspired pick-up at under $400k going into his third season. Is a bull of a mid and should have a break-out season but probably not quite into the premium category. WATCH AND SEE.
Steele Sidebottom & Taylor Adams - two players that should average 95+ in 2017 but do tend to struggle with injury or suspension. Possibly some good pick-ups if under $520k. WATCH AND SEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back