Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a risk and we've got some thoughts on how we can let it be known that the supporters won't stand for that.
Fat lot of good that did on the co-captains decision. The club showed their true colours there by totally disregarding the members.

My other fear is that perhaps the ones who dont want us to wear the PBs long term are our own club.

The evidence does point to this but I've been assured it's not the case.

I'd rather wear it in a game that we might actually win...

Id rather we wore it if we even were at least a shadow of what this club used to be.

Wearing it these days, it will just tarnish that rich history with below mediocre football.

Fat lot of good that did on the co-captains decision. The club showed their true colours there by totally disregarding the members.

Because the majority of the 55,000 members today arent die hards like most on here, they are fair weather goodtry today better luck next time supporters who accept mediocrity and below mediocre, and actually believe the clubs own hype.

Those wanting change, those who want the pb back, are a minority. How many signatures so far?
If it was an issuethe majority cared about thered be 50,000 signatures.

Those wanting change, those who want the pb back, are a minority. How many signatures so far?
How many even know about it? It's not like the club is pushing it through their Facebook / Twitter / Instagram etc.

Because the majority of the 55,000 members today arent die hards like most on here, they are fair weather goodtry today better luck next time supporters who accept mediocrity and below mediocre, and actually believe the clubs own hype.

I worry that there's an apathy about it. For 20 years we've been conditioned to believe that it can never happen, and then our own club has worn so many abominations and conditioned us to accept that jumper changes is a good thing. Anybody that raised it at an agm has heard a few moans to 'move on' because it isn't going to happen. It is no wonder. Thank goodness the old legends have expressed their desires.

You won't get 50k signatures though. I think we should expect as many as we did with the one club push and that would be strong.

This is silly. It's an internet petition that the majority of Port supporters still aren't even aware of yet.

We'll continue to raise awareness for the cause and eventually we'll be successful. If you don't think the bars are wildly popular, you must have been overseas or something in early September 2014.

This is silly. It's an internet petition that the majority of Port supporters still aren't even aware of yet.

We'll continue to raise awareness for the cause and eventually we'll be successful. If you don't think the bars are wildly popular, you must have been overseas or something in early September 2014.

Its been going for a while now. Its on the major social media platforms. Didnt it even get media attention?

Face it, the majority who arent die hards like most on here, dont care and are content with the current design.

I hope we do get to wear it whenever we want, but its very unlikely.

Its been going for a while now. Its on the major social media platforms. Didnt it even get media attention?

Face it, the majority who arent die hards like most on here, dont care and are content with the current design.

You're massively overestimating the current reach and awareness of the campaign. That will continue to grow as time goes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irrelevant. I couldn't care less if 90% of the membership was staunchly against the PBs. People are allowed to be wrong. Port Adelaide should be wearing the PBs. End of story.

The AFL would probably send their gestapo integrity unit down to stop it.

Explains the new semi-automatic weapons at games....

The way to beat terrorism is to not let them win and go about your daily business, but we will remind you of them every week by having people with big guns at the games...but I digress.

Irrelevant. I couldn't care less if 90% of the membership was staunchly against the PBs. People are allowed to be wrong. Port Adelaide should be wearing the PBs. End of story.
Especially if the club came out with bullshit excuse most of the supporter base didn’t want it after they ignored literally the whole supporter base about not having co-captains.

So the majority arent relevant?
Interesting.

So the majority arent relevant?
Interesting.

What's your issue? You don't want the bars back?
Make your own thread then.

With zero assistance and exposure via the club we have managed to get a following in the mid thousands on social media and a petition with 8500 signatures.

When the news of AFL reserves comes out, the end of the PB's is nigh, it will be too late. We have chosen not to run a scare campaign, nor an attack campaign.

Already we have been successful in pushing the club and the AFL to work on getting the PB's going for next season, we will hopefully be successful in it being ongoing.

Which part of that do you think is irrelevant?

That people aren't educated in the current issue is a club issue, they don't want to upset the AFL and McGuire so they keep people in the dark and hope it goes away.

It seems you want the same, good for you. Now go get your anti PB's page up and running and enjoy your interactions with Collingwood fans and Crows trolls.

Last edited:
Love this one SgtSchulz put together earlier year.

I can't watch that video without tearing up a bit.
Damn right its time, its way past bloody time.

Been thinking about a way to finish never tear us apart differently for the Geelong game, best I've come up with so far is to repeat BringBackTheBars from when the music shuts off to well after the first bounce.

And they will never tear us apart.
And we will bring back the prison bars.
BringBackTheBars
BringBackTheBars
BringBackTheBars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back