Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't watch that video without tearing up a bit.
Damn right its time, its way past bloody time.

Been thinking about a way to finish never tear us apart differently for the Geelong game, best I've come up with so far is to repeat BringBackTheBars from when the music shuts off to well after the first bounce.

And they will never tear us apart.
And we will bring back the prison bars.
BringBackTheBars
BringBackTheBars
BringBackTheBars

We will never give up the bars.

Same syllables. Easy to spread the word to the crowd.

You want supporter driven Pre-game, this is it.

Last edited:
What's your issue? You don't want the bars back?
Make your own thread then.

With zero assistance and exposure via the club we have managed to get a following in the mid thousands on social media and a petition with 8500 signatures.

I think it would be great to wear the black and white when ever we want without interference from outsiders, or for that matter even the original blue and white hoop jumper.
But I also don't think it's going to happen. You could picket the AFL HQ in Melbourne and it still wont happen with regards to the PB's.

When the news of AFL reserves comes out, the end of the PB's is nigh, it will be too late. We have chosen not to run a scare campaign, nor an attack campaign.

It's already too late though. It's an issue that should have been dealt with many years ago by the club officially, not by supporters trying one last ditch effort to get it done.

Already we have been successful in pushing the club and the AFL to work on getting the PB's going for next season, we will hopefully be successful in it being ongoing.

As highly as some people on this forum think of themselves, I very much doubt that a petition with 8000 signatures on it pushed the club to do anything.
The club is already working out what and how it will celebrate the 150th, including wearing the PB at some stage. It wont be every game next season, or every season afterwards.

Just because I'm not deluding my self like most of you, doesn't mean I have an issue with wearing the black and white.

That people aren't educated in the current issue is a club issue, they don't want to upset the AFL and McGuire so they keep people in the dark and hope it goes away.

Not rocking the boat with the AFL I think is only a small part of it. I think the bigger part of it is that the majority of members don't care about the PB's and are content with the current jumper. As much as it would pain some of you to admit that, I think it's a reality that you guys will soon end up facing.

It seems you want the same, good for you. Now go get your anti PB's page up and running and enjoy your interactions with Collingwood fans and Crows trolls.

Nah, no need to start an anti-PB campaign. Because the club already doesn't give a s**t about it.

I think it would be great to wear the black and white when ever we want without interference from outsiders, or for that matter even the original blue and white hoop jumper.
But I also don't think it's going to happen. You could picket the AFL HQ in Melbourne and it still wont happen with regards to the PB's.

It's already too late though. It's an issue that should have been dealt with many years ago by the club officially, not by supporters trying one last ditch effort to get it done.

As highly as some people on this forum think of themselves, I very much doubt that a petition with 8000 signatures on it pushed the club to do anything.
The club is already working out what and how it will celebrate the 150th, including wearing the PB at some stage. It wont be every game next season, or every season afterwards.

Just because I'm not deluding my self like most of you, doesn't mean I have an issue with wearing the black and white.

Not rocking the boat with the AFL I think is only a small part of it. I think the bigger part of it is that the majority of members don't care about the PB's and are content with the current jumper. As much as it would pain some of you to admit that, I think it's a reality that you guys will soon end up facing.

Nah, no need to start an anti-PB campaign. Because the club already doesn't give a **** about it.

Essentially you don’t think it’s possible so why bother trying?

Nah, no need to start an anti-PB campaign. Because the club already doesn't give a **** about it.
You are wrong on nearly every point, factually and actively, but carry on.

And your point about wearing it every game, nobody has seriously put that forward. You are creating a straw man there.

Last edited:
You are wrong on nearly every point, factually and actively, but carry on.

And your point about wearing it every game, nobody has seriously put that forward. You are creating a straw man there.
We have a propagandist in our midst, methinks ... perhaps working for or commissioned by Eddie McGuire.

Not rocking the boat with the AFL I think is only a small part of it. I think the bigger part of it is that the majority of members don't care about the PB's and are content with the current jumper. As much as it would pain some of you to admit that, I think it's a reality that you guys will soon end up facing..

You're wrong on a few levels, but you're especially wrong here.

The bars have been wildly popular every time we've worn them at AFL level. The excitement about wearing them in 2014 was absolutely enormous and you could feel it at the ground.

It's not that most members don't care, they just aren't engaged and aren't organised. They don't see the bars as a legitimate goal because of the spin they've seen in the media, so they don't get on their soapbox about it. This campaign is about getting the enormous proportion of the Port Adelaide family who would love to see us in the bars engaged and organised so we can present a united front to the club and to the AFL.

The supporter base would be basically divided between those who strongly support a return of the PBs and those who are ambivalent towards it. The section of the supporter base who are actively against the PBs would be a tiny, tiny minority. Ergo, this battle is only being fought on one side - and it's the side that will win the day, eventually.

chiwigi - I might be jumping the gun here a bit so put me off if necessary, but is there going to be some sort of PB gathering before the Geelong game so a photo can be taken? I'm happy with a response along the lines of "All plans for the day will be revealed in due course".

chiwigi - I might be jumping the gun here a bit so put me off if necessary, but is there going to be some sort of PB gathering before the Geelong game so a photo can be taken? I'm happy with a response along the lines of "All plans for the day will be revealed in due course".

There’ll be some details announced soon about a pre game catchup at London Tavern.

Any pictures of Alan Didak in the Prison Bars?

With friends like these, Didak was never going inside...

Senior cop defended Alan Didak's lies after crash
A SENIOR police officer sent a stinging email to Collingwood Football Club bosses berating them for suspending players Alan Didak and Heath Shaw.

A SENIOR police officer sent a stinging email to Collingwood Football Club bosses berating them for suspending players Alan Didak and Heath Shaw.

Paul Ritchie, sergeant at Boroondara, the police station that investigated a Shaw-Didak drunken car smash in Kew, sent the email to the club's chief executive.

The passionate Pies supporter said the decision to ban the players "virtually ended any chance we have of making a real impact in the finals this year".

Sgt Ritchie sent the email to Pies boss Gary Pert just four days after his officers attended Shaw and Didak's car accident scene in August. Sgt Ritchie did not attend the scene.

"This has unfairly and prematurely ended the season for the rest of the playing group, the club's long suffering members and supporters and, just as importantly, the club's sponsors who want the team to win . . . to justify the large sums of money they pump into the club," he said.

The senior officer also defended Didak, who fled the scene of the car smash then lied to the AFL club about his presence in the car.

https://www.news.com.au/national/se...s/news-story/aaebad2c10e776bad9b972f6daab6c07

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the bar was a bar-width too low on that one for my liking but better than the current sanfl jumper we are wearing.

The lower the bar, the lower the value of the argument by Collingwood that it's 'their guernsey design'.

Are you being serious?

Yes. The club needed to be alerted to the design not being correct. The manufacturer makes them based off of given measurements and then make adjustments to fit all the logos. This year's sanfl PB is way off and the club was not aware.

Edit: Similar mistakes happened with the PAMFC. Nothing to do with Collingwood.

Last edited:
Yes. The club needed to be alerted to the design not being correct. The manufacturer makes them based off of given measurements and then make adjustments to fit all the logos. This year's sanfl PB is way off and the club was not aware.

Edit: Similar mistakes happened with the PAMFC. Nothing to do with Collingwood.

Ok, you're on a different wavelength to me.

Not sure what your point is at all.

The horizontal bar being set lower is an error by the manufacturer and the club is not attentive to such detail.

I wasn't talking about manufacturers, I was pointing out that the lower the bar on the PB guernsey, the less argument that Collingwood have that the guernseys are the same design.

There’ll be some details announced soon about a pre game catchup at London Tavern.

Given it’s a C7 televised game you should try and get someone from their commentary team to head to the London Tavern. The worst they can say is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back