Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your reasoning, but at the same time, what exactly are Collingwoods concerns? Apart from saying "we have the black and white so you cant" they haven't exactly laid out a clear argument against us wearing the prison bars in its natural state. And that argument also rings a little hollow on its own given we have worn it on multiple occasions in the AFL.

Additionally, Collingwood have changed their primary uniform going from primarily white with black stripes to the opposite. The prison bars are far closer to Collingwoods clash strip than anything else.

Where else in the world have we seen teams block other teams from wearing their primary uniform in a professional competition? The examples in the premier league have been listed countless times in this thread. In the NFL you've got the Patriots and Giants wearing red white and blue.

In fact, the only time I can recall a team not wearing their preferred uniform in a professional sports game outside of the prison bars, is when the Raiders ceased wearing their white with silver numbers jersey for away games, and that was only because at the time, the majority of TVs were in black and white, hence the colour combo made it difficult to identify each player.
The crux of the matter is not ‘Collingwood’s concerns’. It is not even our concerns with Collingwood.

The crux of the matter is our concerns with Eddie McGuire.

His CEO sits on our board. Cause for concern? You might think so.

The crux of the matter is our mistrust of Eddie McGuire, our mistrust of AFL House, our mistrust of our own board of directors and especially our own chairman.

Insurmountable? No way. All we need is one honest sincere black white (plus teal?) blooded voice to rise up from the board room or the door to the board room ... and mount a challenge.

This is all we need. Because morally and legally we are in the right, yet being suppressed. Remove the suppression, point the finger, mount the challenge.

And we shall win.

Im an Adelaide boy and a member of both the Bays and Richmond. I have plenty of good reason to hate that ######g jumper, year after year the Maggies ripping Glenelg apart every Grand Final we played. To opposition fans growing up in the halcyon SANFL days it was feared, respected and detested. It is iconic, unique and instantly recognisable to any half wit footy fan ANYWHERE in this country. It is yours, and I appreciate what it represents. I hate it, but I don't hate what it represents. F### Eddy, f### the AFL. Im for for the prison bars to be worn every game, home or away. I got to enjoy but a few games where Glenelg beat Port when the SANFL mattered and there was nothing more satisfying than that! Good luck in your quest, and for heavens sake don't accept any compromise on the bloody prison bar jumper!

A cliche that gets thrown around sometimes is "Play for the jumper". I can't really say that right now.

I've stopped wearing the BiB jumper to games because I don't have any pride in wearing it. It means nothing to me.

Im an Adelaide boy and a member of both the Bays and Richmond. I have plenty of good reason to hate that ######g jumper, year after year the Maggies ripping Glenelg apart every Grand Final we played. To opposition fans growing up in the halcyon SANFL days it was feared, respected and detested. It is iconic, unique and instantly recognisable to any half wit footy fan ANYWHERE in this country. It is yours, and I appreciate what it represents. I hate it, but I don't hate what it represents. F### Eddy, f### the AFL. Im for for the prison bars to be worn every game, home or away. I got to enjoy but a few games where Glenelg beat Port when the SANFL mattered and there was nothing more satisfying than that! Good luck in your quest, and for heavens sake don't accept any compromise on the bloody prison bar jumper!
Many thanks, cobbler.

I love how you got told off by chiwigi and are now all behaving like good boys and girls ;)

Invited guests should always be treated differently to trespassers.

Was disappointed last week went into the club to get a PB. I actually wanted a lace up one.
Anyway no lace ups nothing really except for a random player issue magpies from last year in the bargain rack and a few XS XXL from this year.
And they weren’t easy to see all mixed in behind other ones.
Not even the retro magpie jumper that was there last time I went in.
Walked out with my money still in my pocket.
Hopefully next year the will a release for our 150th.

Was disappointed last week went into the club to get a PB. I actually wanted a lace up one.
Anyway no lace ups nothing really except for a random player issue magpies from last year in the bargain rack and a few XS XXL from this year.
This is one of the areas that really needs fixing.

This is one of the areas that really needs fixing.

I don’t understand why we continually neglect this. Almost all the euro football clubs have a “retro” range of jerseys complete with the sponsors of the time. Imagine how hot a 1990 Standard Charatered repro would be!

There have been so many versions of the Prison Bars over the years that we could promote and sell a different one every season and maintain strong sales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

M97rMe4.jpg

"Hey Port u not allowed to sel popular thing!" – AFL

"Hey Port y u got so much debt?" – AFL

Last edited:
"Hey Port u not allowed to sel popular thing!" – AFL

"Hey Port y u got so much debt?" – AFL

No prison bar related but using the app today go offered to buy a tickets package with food and drinks for $150 per person.

Thought I’d surprise the family and buy 4 tickets. The club made it so hard to get the tickets with log ins and errors combined with what i saw during the game I just went stuff this and gave up.

Club can’t even get the simple things right

#bringbackthebars and piss that silver clash jumper off please Port...

I believe the silver jumper will still be worn in 2020.

Initially I was hopeful that the PB would be worn a few times in 2020 and beyond but we will be lucky to wear it once and the fight is still on for beyond.

The campaign is not reaching the AFL by any means, in my opinion.

Initially I was hopeful that the PB would be worn a few times in 2020 and beyond but we will be lucky to wear it once and the fight is still on for beyond.

I’d see wearing the PBS next year a huge positive, even if like you say we only get to wear it a few times.

It might not be the best case scenario, but anything is better than nothing. I’d see it as a massive win, and the thin edge of a wedge we can use to get us wearing it more frequently.

That's a real shame...

Although we got flogged by you guys in the bars a few years back I reckon they look sick. I'd love to see it returned along with Collingwood returning the white dominated strip as the home.

As for the clash jumper it simply doesn't work being silver, leave it in the pre season and use the white during the home & away.

This would be an elite setup for 2020.
Untitled-1.png 713056 713057
(home- prison bars)
(away-current home with white shorts)
(clash-full white)

I’d see wearing the PBS next year a huge positive, even if like you say we only get to wear it a few times.

It might not be the best case scenario, but anything is better than nothing. I’d see it as a massive win, and the thin edge of a wedge we can use to get us wearing it more frequently.

I'm saying that earlier in the year I felt that the PB would be worn a few times in 2020 and thereafter, and that would be an acceptable win but now I am feeling a lot less hopeful of that and I am expecting it to be worn once in 2020, and that is a huge loss, in my opinion.

That's a real shame...

Although we got flogged by you guys in the bars a few years back I reckon they look sick. I'd love to see it returned along with Collingwood returning the white dominated strip as the home.

As for the clash jumper it simply doesn't work being silver, leave it in the pre season and use the white during the home & away.

This would be an elite setup for 2020.
View attachment 713061View attachment 713056View attachment 713057
(home- prison bars)
(away-current home with white shorts)
(clash-full white)

I don't expect the white jumper.

I think too many Port supporters have no interest in fighting for the bars. They have been well and truly indoctrinated that a jumper means zilch. Thanks to the Planet Teal forced down our throats and the Primary School superhero jumper competitions per year, and the teal smarties jumper we wore against Collingwood at home to reinforce that Port is happy to play in any jumper, and I could go on … Eddie and the AFL are a huge mountain to get over on this issue but we also built a tower on that mountain as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back