Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be a local business on board with the club that could take the current merchandising and embroider the MG logo at a smaller cost (with permission)? The club may not want to pay that expense but measure that up against not selling those garments at RRP because of that logo missing … what would be best? Is it possible?
They will and have sold. I think the only issue will be people wanting similar to the players.
will up the auction value.

Would there be a local business on board with the club that could take the current merchandising and embroider the MG logo at a smaller cost (with permission)? The club may not want to pay that expense but measure that up against not selling those garments at RRP because of that logo missing … what would be best? Is it possible?

Embroidering would be a bad option. The logo is too big and since nothing else is embroidered on a retail guernsey it would stick out like dogs balls. Your best bet is to have the logo heat transferred but you're trying to replace a rectangle logo with a square logo which is going to look a bit off. Heat transfer isn't an ideal option either, but best of a bad bunch

Embroidering would be a bad option. The logo is too big and since nothing else is embroidered on a retail guernsey it would stick out like dogs balls. Your best bet is to have the logo heat transferred but you're trying to replace a rectangle logo with a square logo which is going to look a bit off. Heat transfer isn't an ideal option either, but best of a bad bunch

Good point … the jumper is sublimated so yeah a stick-on is a better option and perhaps they can re-size the MG (?).

However I'm not only thinking about the jumper, I was thinking about the merchandising the Port Store has already, such as the media polos and jackets etc … of which they have embroidery on those. Perhaps to sell those at RRP they could consider having the MG added to those rather than supporters waiting for the updated merch to purchase and those currently in the store not selling fast enough.

Definitely try it on because the ISC sizing has changed over the years. My 2014 EF PBs is a Large and fits nicely but a current one was huge on me. I initially bought a Large but ended up exchanging it for a Medium.
Wait so the new PBs are larger than the 2014 tops?

Maybe I should've stuck with a large instead of going up a size to fit my expanding gut in.

Wait so the new PBs are larger than the 2014 tops?

Maybe I should've stuck with a large instead of going up a size to fit my expanding gut in.

Yeah the new retail template is a pretty loose fit so I’d say they’ve gone up almost a full size. It’s no big deal they’ll let you exchange it for a smaller one if needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh if I were the club, I’d delay wearing the prison bars in any AFL game this year until next season, no point wearing it in front of an empty AO.
Most likely scenario.

I don't think there's ever 'no point' in wearing the prison bars but given wearing them once appears to result in some sort of embargo for several years after the event, maybe best to put them on hold for now.

I don't think there's ever 'no point' in wearing the prison bars but given wearing them once appears to result in some sort of embargo for several years after the event, maybe best to put them on hold for now.

Why don’t we just wear it every week? Our club is set to lose millions this season, are the AFL really going to fine an already crippled club pre-corona virus over a jumper? They want these games to happen don’t they?

Why don’t we just wear it every week? Our club is set to lose millions this season, are the AFL really going to fine an already crippled club pre-corona virus over a jumper? They want these games to happen don’t they?

That's exactly what I thought. Eddie would have no chance of making a fuss of it.

The club should be on the front foot and saying that if we can wear it every week (except against Collingwood), given the strong support for it, that it'll help our bottom line. The AFL is telling clubs to find saving, this is not a savings, but extra revenue. If they are serious they should be approving within 0.2 seconds.

The club should be on the front foot and saying that if we can wear it every week (except against Collingwood), given the strong support for it, that it'll help our bottom line. The AFL is telling clubs to find saving, this is not a savings, but extra revenue. If they are serious they should be approving within 0.2 seconds.
Indeed. Point to jumper sales and say hey, you want us to come up with revenue saving measures well here's one which is demonstrated to bring in $$.

Despite the Showdown postponement, Port supporters are still embracing the round where they were due to wear their famous jumper

Tonight should’ve been a night where the two football powers in South Australia collided in a Showdown.
Yet, it was not to be as the AFL season was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic, putting a dampener on ...... Port Adelaide’s 150th anniversary season. The Showdown was due to be a black and white night, with the Power donning the famous ‘Prison Bar’ jumper. However, those plans have been put on the backburner for the time being, but that hasn’t stopped the Port Adelaide ‘true believers’ from keeping the night alive.

And chiwigi has clearly explained being disappointed we didn't wear them today, tells us reality says there is a bigger fight where the idea came from, fans are buying it in big numbers, driving $$ for now, we will need the $$$ after the virus crisis and that we should mke it a priority to wear them again when footy starts again.

Port Adelaide supporter and ‘Bring Back The Bars’ campaigner Nathan McGrath said it was great to see the passion shown among the supporters.

“It’s hugely disappointing (the season has been postponed), but there’s obviously a bigger picture,” he said. “However, we are looking to wear the PB’s every year, so there’s plenty to still look forward to.

“I’m not entirely sure (how it started), people like George Fiacchi and via social media, it’s just caught on. “It shows the passion for the guernsey is bigger than even this crisis.”

The re-release of the jumper for this season saw it sell out in the pre-season and before Christmas quickly, and McGrath said it just shows how vital the guernsey is to the club and its supporters.

“It’s more important than ever,” he said. “The sales of the guernsey have made the club a lot of money and will be essential in keeping us alive through this.

“It’s a passion that can regularly tapped into and will ensure we can survive worldwide crises. “It’s great that we can come together as a community and still enjoy our shared passion, history and the meaning it brings to our lives.

“It also shows that the continued wearing of the guernsey by the club in the AFL should be a priority when football returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back