Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
PrisonBars2020 main bars twitter site rather than his personal site has some great pics in retweets. I like this one by Jack Hudson who wrote the story in today's paper and i quoted on the previous page.

For anyone who visited the Port Store in the last couple of of months before it was closed down, did you see if they have the proper old style lace up PB jumpers or just saw the polyester ones with the laces drawn on it?

Can't by a lace up on the online Port store.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
For anyone who visited the Port Store in the last couple of of months before it was closed down, did you see if they have the proper old style lace up PB jumpers or just saw the polyester ones with the laces drawn on it?

Can't by a lace up on the online Port store.

I can't recall seeing any jumpers with the laces drawn on for quite some time, probably 5 years or more.
The real laceups I've seen for sale for a few years but I haven't seen the recently produced ones that have Standard Chartered on them like this:

I can't recall seeing any jumpers with the laces drawn on for quite some time, probably 5 years or more.
The real laceups I've seen for sale for a few years but I haven't seen the recently produced ones that have Standard Chartered on them like this:

I have that one, and the one without Standard Chartered and the woolen One etc. etc 😂

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I have one of those, it is amazing!!

Just quoting this from the lets talk Ports thread.
Oh man, Dennis Cometti... loves the PB jumper so much has one hanging up in his shed... 😍

Last edited:
Posted this in the Lets talk Ports thread but video Dennis talking and he was bitten by the bug when he was 8.

Just hit the repeat button over and over.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Huge thumbs up for Dennis!!!
That is a great video. It should be the centerpiece of a submission to the AFL to let us wear the jumper more often. A professionally done video with cameos from people like Commetti, Craig Bradley, Ron Barassi etc talking about the uniqueness of the jumper and the place it occupies as the beating heart of the PAFC would be great.

Produced by the fans and if the club won’t present it to the AFL, we should.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Posted this in the Lets talk Ports thread but video Dennis talking and he was bitten by the bug when he was 8.

Just hit the repeat button over and over.

Excellent comments by Dennis C, what a pity our own legend in his own lunch box of a president can't exhibit the same amount of enthusiasm for the best guernsey in the history of the game!

Excellent comments by Dennis C, what a pity our own legend in his own lunch box of a president can't exhibit the same amount of enthusiasm for the best guernsey in the history of the game!

Pretty simple - Den is a footy person, Koch isn't.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Perhaps the constant talking, adnauseum about the Prison Bars from within the club is seen as pushing our own barrow. But when external personalities get involved in the discussion, it adds credibility to the debate?

It's already credible in front of AFL eyes. Having external personalities supporting it is adding allies to the cause.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gee, I can't complain about the placement of my name, all three times in premium positions.
I was pretty stoked when I got that and found that my name was in a decent spot on the front of the chest... not partially run into a seam.

Apologies to anyone whose name does run into a seam.

I was less stoked when it turned out the ISC tops were significantly smaller than the equivalent sized Reebok one and it was a real struggle to actually get into that top for the game.

Last edited:
I was pretty stoked when I got that and found that my name was in a decent spot on the front of the chest... not partially run into a seem.

Apologies to anyone whose name does run into a seam.

I was less stoked when it turned out the ISC tops were significantly smaller than the equivalent sized Reebok one and it was a real struggle to actually get into that top for the game.
Mine is under the armpit seam.

2 photos from the advertiser of Tom Jonas in the Prison Bars (I'm assuming these were taken prior to round 2).
3b90aa2960610579ab1d6dcba9874651.jpg
EXY2JMVVAAAhI9A.jpg

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
So as it stands no Prison Bars at SANFL level in 2020, we might have 1 AFL game in them if footy returns with the supporters banned from attending.
Time to push even harder.

Surely in a post covid world you can point to the extra revenue the prison bars generate to allow for regular use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back