Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our PB guernsey is a totally different design to Collingwood’s stripes. We want to wear our guernsey not collingwood’s. Personally, I think Collingwood are not so protective of the black and white itself - they just know there is a much better B&W design out there that they would prefer stays hidden.

glenelg and richmond have the same design and same colours.

I was about to fire up after reading a number of responses to that typical wobbler BS that had missed the mark by the length of the Flemington straight, and was amazed it took so long for someone to finally point out the bleeding obvious.

Well done sir! :thumbsu: :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Re legal action, I'm not sure that becomes a Collingwood v Port Adelaide thing, I think it becomes a Collingwood v the AFL thing. The AFL own all the club trademarks and have the final say on all matters to do with logos, colours, guernseys, etc.

This is why our club has been so gutless. It's not a matter of convincing McGuire, it's a matter of convincing the AFL. And that shouldn't be nearly as hard as we've made it look.

Ljc_86

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It looks the easy option for the AFL is to keep things as it is. Why go to court if they don’t have to?

People power (no pun intended) will he needed massively to drive and push this.

lucky for me I bought three prison bar guernseys so I’ll always have a clean one ready to wear WHENEVER I want.

Eddie is such an assh*le. Those videos above he’s taking pot shots and trying to be subtle about it. His body language was like a four year old throwing toys out of a cot. He never enters a calm open discussion he always throws his hands up and goes to threaten legal action.

I legitimately think there is more for Collingwood to gain here than lose by being in favour of us wearing the prison bars.

Apr 27, 2003
Kensington Gardens
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
B'ham CityFC Adelaide United FC

Court eh, Ed?

Dear Port,

I will happily pay double my membership fee, if the extra goes to a legal fund to take on this sanctimonious blowhard.

His massive inferiority complex when it comes to Port Adelaide is no reason why we should not be wearing the bars.

He has fibbed when it comes to us asking to use the Magpie in the AFL.

Stop taking this s**t and fightback.

Ta.

beenreal

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2003
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
OK, I wasted too much time searching Bigfooty and google. I know someone has posted that signed letter from Alan McAlister regarding the Prison Bars. Eddie continues to rant on about agreements and "Handshake deals" being good enough for him. How about we start publicising McAlister's letter from the Collingwood Board.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Greg Phillips played for the Port Adelaide Football Club, not the Port Adelaide Magpies.
As a non-Port fan, this statement is legitimately confusing. What was the club actually known as in that era? I was sure Port was the Magpies when Nathan Buckley played for them in the SANFL prior to being recruited by the Brisbane Bears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
I understand the confusion from those on the outside looking in. I'll try and explain.

It's always been the Port Adelaide Football Club. As it was pre AFL days and as it is today. Magpies is just a nickname.

I guess many of us don't like it when people try to differentiate between the two as if it isn't the same club. He played for the Port Adelaide Football Club, which now has it's most senior side competing in the national competition with a new nickname (not by choice).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In fairness to Eddie (gee it hurt to type those words) he referred to Collingwood as 'the Collingwood Magpies' immediately after. I think he was just making the point that Greg played for both Magpie clubs.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 11.09.07 am.jpg

Keep the pressure on people, love it.

Eddie is weakening, and so is any argument against us wearing it.

Eventually he’ll just cave and say “fine”.

I don't see this ending with Eddie caving. He won't cave. I see it ending with the AFL (most likely under new leadership) finally deciding not to listen to him.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If we were a truly national sport (Australian Football League) then why are we beholden by the VFL...... A national sport would celebrate all history.

To do that we need real leadership from AFL house...... sadly they are beholden to be the VFL........

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Eddie is weakening, and so is any argument against us wearing it.
I actually think Collingwood and its fans would have no issue with it being worn as a full time home jumper if just a small element (say the collar and/or outline of the numbers) was changed to teal.

As a non-Port fan, this statement is legitimately confusing. What was the club actually known as in that era? I was sure Port was the Magpies when Nathan Buckley played for them in the SANFL prior to being recruited by the Brisbane Bears.

Port
Port Adelaide
The Magpies
The Maggies

The point is that Greg Phillips played for Port Adelaide Football Club. The same club that is now in the AFL.

The club known as Port Adelaide Magpies FC was the club that was created to appease the license agreement with the SANFL.

I actually think Collingwood and its fans would have no issue with it being worn as a full time home jumper if just a small element (say the collar and/or outline of the numbers) was changed to teal.

That's not a concession we would agree to.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't see this ending with Eddie caving. He won't cave. I see it ending with the AFL (most likely under new leadership) finally deciding not to listen to him.
Or Collingwood has new leadership who see this is no threat to them or their business at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back