Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm not a fan of PB merch that isn't either a replica/collector guernsey or something with a modified PB signet on it. Anything else tends to cheapen the history of the guernsey, as that hoodie above does.

I am aware of this. Some 15 years ago one of the Port Store managers had stated that the AFL screen our merch for reason of Collingwood. Thus the black and teal official merch that has overwhelmed the designs for years. The white minimalised to the logo. All prior to the PA concept but that merch does not have AFL badging, it is not official merch. Not even highlights on black garments are white, those are generally silver. One club has the power to force another club to move away from its 120+ years of a set of colours. Joke. McGuire spitting chips about our PA merch and wants to get that blocked as well. Worse thing is Port people accepting it.
As long as fans keep buying and wearing the teal merch spoon fed to them then nothing will change. Which is exactly what I meant about the sea of teal comment the other day. Yes good people are wearing PB's now but still stacks of teal oriented merch on display in the crowd at Adelaide Oval. Teal flags behind the goals etc. Not sending a strong enough message to the AFL that they can't ignore yet.

As long as fans keep buying and wearing the teal merch spoon fed to them then nothing will change. Which is exactly what I meant about the sea of teal comment the other day. Yes good people are wearing PB's now but still stacks of teal oriented merch on display in the crowd at Adelaide Oval. Teal flags behind the goals etc. Not sending a strong enough message to the AFL that they can't ignore yet.

It's hard to get people to buy stuff that doesn't have teal on it when we aren't allowed by the AFL to sell stuff without teal on it.

It's hard to get people to buy stuff that doesn't have teal on it when we aren't allowed by the AFL to sell stuff without teal on it.
Almost all of our monogram merch and the PORT range are exclusively black and white, our training jumpers too. Our clash jumper only has the smallest touch of teal from the logo.

Almost all of our monogram merch and the PORT range are exclusively black and white, our training jumpers too. Our clash jumper only has the smallest touch of teal from the logo.
It looks like a deliberate phase out strategy. Or make teal a very minor tertiary colour.

My Club 1870 jacket which is similar to other jackets I saw a couple of weeks ago in the Port Store only has teal on a) the thin line around the new logo, b) the number 2020 under the word MEMBER which is in Black and CLUB 1870 in silver, so maybe 1/6th of that lettering block, and c) which you can't see once jacket is on, the inside lining of the hood around the neck area with a 7mm-8mm lining that goes from shoulder to shoulder.

The top 1/3rd of the jacket is a very light grey rather white, with a couple of similar coloured stripes in the middle and bottom of the sleeves. The rest is black.

It looks like we are trying to elevate the light grey and silver or in most cases silver grey, on to a lot of merchandise items. There were some all or nearly all teal items in the Port Store.

Last edited:
Just saw an ad on fox footy that called the Collingwood gurnsey the prison bars.

it’s an ad hyping their match against the swans

*note*
Eddie actually acknowledges it as well!

Just saw an ad on fox footy that called the Collingwood gurnsey the prison bars.

*note*

That got Fat Ed a bit riled up

*note*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I means we have got to them in a big way.

They would rather a meek Crows outfit that can call brave....

Ed is about as insecure as you could get, he’s a pig-headed narcissist like Donald Trump, just lies and makes stuff up.

We just need to fire back with some Adverising re our history, slip in the ‘Magpies’ terminology perhaps.

This is smart, it traps them into admitting the bars aren't theirs and we get to claim exclusivity on the design and wear it at our will.

Do you think the AFL are that stupid? It’s Ed’s way of fighting back, you want to steal our history then we’ll steal yours.... the only thing is the prison bars in that jumper design context relate to North Melbourne and Hawthorn.

In 50 odd years of following footy I have never ever heard the Collingwood guernsey referred to as a prison bar jumper.

Personally I'm with RussellEbertHandball in calling it the wharf pylon guernsey as that is its true heritage and significance. Jenny Williams is also unhappy to see the term prison bars associated with her father.

In 50 odd years of following footy I have never ever heard the Collingwood guernsey referred to as a prison bar jumper.

Personally I'm with RussellEbertHandball in calling it the wharf pylon guernsey as that is its true heritage and significance. Jenny Williams is also unhappy to see the term prison bars associated with her father.

You can't really contol the narrative though when it's supporter created and driven, i'm not sure the club called it that did they?

the club can certainly control the narrative in the wharf story though. Maybe they will if we get to wear it for those two games...

Jenny Williams is also unhappy to see the term prison bars associated with her father.

It's an odd stance to connect a nickname for a guernsey, which has a clear origin story from the 80s, that the supporter base ran with independently of the club, to a player/coach from the 50s and 60s.

I get the Williams family's important role in the history of the club, but I can't agree with Jenny on this. I think she's made it personal when it isn't. It's literally nothing to do with Fos Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back