Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an odd stance to connect a nickname for a guernsey, which has a clear origin story from the 80s, that the supporter base ran with independently of the club, to a player/coach from the 50s and 60s.

I get the Williams family's important role in the history of the club, but I can't agree with Jenny on this. I think she's made it personal when it isn't. It's literally nothing to do with Fos Williams.

It’s Ok to work for an organisation that exists to destroy the PAFC though.

The cred of Ed (and Collingwood) is in shreds by this blatant, tawdry and unprofessional plagiarism at the eleventh hour of a nickname universally associated for well over half a century with a specific sports guernsey :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

They are clearly desperate, and vainly trying to derail the PB locomotive!

It's hard to get people to buy stuff that doesn't have teal on it when we aren't allowed by the AFL to sell stuff without teal on it.

It's bloody easy to buy black and white footy apparel ie scarfes for $11 https://www.fruugoaustralia.com/fan...MInJfW8ZOG6wIVzSMrCh3BcgqeEAQYAiABEgLeVfD_BwE

Beanies for $15 https://www.catch.com.au/product/be...MIvd6e8JSG6wIVmR0rCh3jPg-SEAQYAyABEgKQhvD_BwE

This is with basically zero effort looking. You don't have to buy what Collingwood approves for you...

It's bloody easy to buy black and white footy apparel ie scarfes for $11 https://www.fruugoaustralia.com/fan...MInJfW8ZOG6wIVzSMrCh3BcgqeEAQYAiABEgLeVfD_BwE

Beanies for $15 https://www.catch.com.au/product/be...MIvd6e8JSG6wIVmR0rCh3jPg-SEAQYAyABEgKQhvD_BwE

This is with basically zero effort looking. You don't have to buy what Collingwood approves for you...

Appreciate the sentiment, but buying a black and white beanie and calling it a day isn't quite what I'm talking about.

Just because generic Black and White gear is available elsewhere, doesn't mean that Collingwood and the AFL should be able to dictate the official merch we sell at the club store.

It's an odd stance to connect a nickname for a guernsey, which has a clear origin story from the 80s, that the supporter base ran with independently of the club, to a player/coach from the 50s and 60s.

I get the Williams family's important role in the history of the club, but I can't agree with Jenny on this. I think she's made it personal when it isn't. It's literally nothing to do with Fos Williams.

This combines 2 of my least favourite things.

1) People getting uppity about the term prison bars as if it makes us all look like crooks and as if anybody cares about that.

2) Jenny Williams invoking the name of her father or family in general to take generally strange pot shots at the club.

The prison bar term isn't going away. The guernsey is widely known by that name in the football community and it's become a generic term for the design. The toothpaste isn't going back into the tube and listening to someone sook about how they don't like it being refered to as the prison bars because of the criminal connotation is about as enjoyable as going to the dentist.

Agreed, Fos was a sensational coach who left a great legacy of success, but as another poster mentioned some years back, the PAFC isn't the William's family football club.

The sense of entitlement that Mark and Jenny Williams have over the club and everything about it is utterly delusional.

Mark, maybe, life member, premiership coach etc.

Jenny? C'arn! Literally works for the Crows!

This combines 2 of my least favourite things.

1) People getting uppity about the term prison bars as if it makes us all look like crooks and as if anybody cares about that.

2) Jenny Williams invoking the name of her father or family in general to take generally strange pot shots at the club.

The prison bar term isn't going away. The guernsey is widely known by that name in the football community and it's become a generic term for the design. The toothpaste isn't going back into the tube and listening to someone sook about how they don't like it being refered to as the prison bars because of the criminal connotation is about as enjoyable as going to the dentist.

As Jenny Williams herself once sang.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the Williams family have been involved one way or another in 21 of the 24 flags post WWII and that for the first 40 years post Fos getting the job, no one referred to them as the prison bars, and it was a derogatory nickname started by Norwood fans, pretty straightforward reason why she is so against the use of it.

Its all meh anyway.

Brilliant article on Jonas in the paper this morning. Robbo does a Q&A with him - my favourite line:

If you were Gillon McLachlan, what would you change?

I’d let us wear the prison bars every week.

Well this will annoy sir Ed.

love it. Especially a Magpies logo.

View attachment 929881

Just a heads up to anyone wanting one of these. They cost $249 and there are only 2 left in the Port Store as of 5 minutes ago, and they don't have any stock in the back.

Just a heads up to anyone wanting one of these. They cost $249 and there are only 2 left in the Port Store as of 5 minutes ago, and they don't have any stock in the back.

$249!?!! do they cure covid??? Surely with these selling out at that price this quickly the club is like hmmm we might have something with these prison bars...

good stuff

Brilliant article on Jonas in the paper this morning. Robbo does a Q&A with him - my favourite line:

... and that's why he is captain

It's not in today's hard copy edition, so I wonder if its in tomorrow's Sunday mail, or did it get a run in the Herald Sun hard copy?

This Liz Walsh's story is on page 85, but its not online at the Advertiser website but is online at The Australian's as they used it there as well.

LIZ WALSH SPORTS REPORTER 6:39PM AUGUST 7, 2020

It’s funny how things work out sometimes. In Port Adelaide’s 150th year, the club’s two leaders, captain Tom Jonas and co-vice-captain Ollie Wines, will play their 150th games together when the Power take on Richmond at Adelaide Oval on Saturday. The duo revealed they’ve formed a strong bond not only on the field, but away from it, thanks to a shared love of waterskiing.

In fact, Wines unveiled Jonas as “the waterski man”, in reference to the 2019 incident where he dislocated his shoulder waterskiing on the Murray River with teammates, and missed the start of the season.

“(Jonas is) the waterski man, so he got me in strife there,” Wines, 25, said. But Jonas, 29, defended himself: “I wasn’t driving the boat that day, I wasn’t even there. “I just encourage waterskiing, I thought it was a great pastime and a good way to get away from the rigours of AFL, so I had him up at my place plenty of times.”

Jonas said nothing had changed between them when he was given the captaincy, saying they accepted the best decision for the footy club, and were now set on pursuing their goal of playing in, and winning, a premiership.

“Whether you’re the last player in the squad or the captain or the vice-captain, I think we’re more about team success than individual accolades,” he said. Jonas said he was honoured to play 150 games for Port Adelaide.

You should be able to read it without a subscription by clicking on the bitly link in this tweet.

I think the biggest surprise is that Kenny likes a full strength Coke, not a Coke Zero
Tell us something about Kenny Hinkley he wouldn’t like us to know?

He’s either complex or very basic, Kenny. He is the fussiest eater. He likes a home-cooked roast and a full strength coke and anything else he is not interested in. No fine dining, he doesn’t get out … he’s very happy at home with his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back