Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a scary thought.

Eddie was uncharacteristically complimentary about us yesterday - almost to the extreme.

Am hoping that Gil the Dill hasn't given him a nod and a wink to say that "don't worry. We'll never give them permission to use those stupid PB's ever again, no matter what they say, or no matter how many signatures they come up with", and so Ed is trying to be Mr Nice Guy now.

Let's hope not :mad: :oops::eek:
Yeah it made me very nervous. Something's up.
I noticed that too, it was bizarre. Constant compliments re 150 years and hoping Koche is enjoying the game etc. Weird, because that is not his normal behaviour.
I really wanted to take his enthusiasm at face value, but I'm not that naive.

Eddie always has an agenda ... especially when he’s being suspiciously nice.

His style on Saturday suggests to me that a match vs. Collingwood at Adelaide Oval is on the agenda.

This is our Year 150 after all, as Eddie pointed out.

Eddie always has an agenda ... especially when he’s being suspiciously nice.

His style on Saturday suggests to me that a match vs. Collingwood at Adelaide Oval is on the agenda.

This is our Year 150 after all, as Eddie pointed out.
Interesting. That's probably as good an outcome as I could have imagined, we would be equally happy with that.

Completely idealistic and not thought through at all, but wouldn't it be great if our move to the Prison Bars was supported by Collingwood, as a black-and-white stripe brothers in arms. A natural affiliation and affinity for the most iconic colour combination in world sport - black and white. Mutual acknowledgement and appreciation for the most largest and most successful clubs from states with the biggest interstate rivalry in the game. One can dream.

I’d accept the Prison bars becoming our official guernsey again and I’ve signed all petitions to bring it back but I still love the Teal and the current guernsey a lot, in fact the Teal colour is a huge part of what got me and my brother into Port Adelaide back in 1997 when I was 5 years old, we didn’t have any other influence as my dad and mum weren’t much into the footy back then so picking Port was very much a non influenced decision by my brother and I. So as I wouldn’t mind bringing back the Prison bars permanently, If it doesn’t happen I’d still be happy With what we’ve currently got

I'd be happy with bars for showdowns and all finals. The teal, black and white V for everything else.

Old and new history honoured.
Bars for special occasions. A gee up for the boys and fans and something extra to play for when we bar up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Collingwood have a problem with exclusive ownership of colours

Apparently Collingwood have a problem with exclusive ownership of colours
Oh the irony of this one is off the charts

Remove the club logo, looks small, weak and out of symmetry. I've never liked the club logo on any guernsey

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Totally agree.

Remove the club logo, looks small, weak and out of symmetry. I've never liked the club logo on any guernsey

I especially don't think the club logo is required on the Prison Bars. They are a stronger visual representation of the Port Adelaide Football Club than any logo could ever be.

I don't like the MG logo still, how the white goes straight in to the bar. Either move it up slightly so there's some space, however small, between them, or stick an outline or different colour on the MG Octagon so it doesn't look like it morphs in to the design.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back