Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie will still be there until the end of 2021.
yep 14 more months before he pisses off. he will have influence on 2021 and 2022 FIXtures.

Last edited:

I expect Eddie to have gotten guarantees from personnel within the afl to counter our presentation. I still believe that he still has a strong influence on the afl with this issue. I'd like us to do our presentation whilst Eddie appears vulnerable but I reckon he'll bounce back to be as defiant as ever.

Apparently, last year, the afl questioned our establishment date, which says they're being difficult.

Apparently, last year, the afl questioned our establishment date, which says they're being difficult.

How could they question it while approving our 150th celebrations?

How could they question it while approving our 150th celebrations?

I didn't get it either. A high profile person at the club stated it mid 2019 and the only thing I could deduce from it was that Eddie and the afl are playing silly buggers when it comes to requesting to wear the PB. I expect them to throw curve balls at our presentation and I hope that the club have covered all bases. I know that Cunningham informed the members that the afl had finally recognised the establishment date of 1870.

Eddie to retire and take on a role with the AFL so he can directly deny our attempts to wear the PB

That was my initial hunch, but there's some rumours that his decision to step down has coincided with a damning report handed to the CFC board on Collingwood's handling of race sensitive issues (ie Heritier Lumumba) that paints Eddie in a none-too flattering light.

Fingers crossed.

That was my initial hunch, but there's some rumours that his decision to step down has coincided with a damning report handed to the CFC board on Collingwood's handling of race sensitive issues (ie Heritier Lumumba) that paints Eddie in a none-too flattering light.

Fingers crossed.
I'm shocked.

Fingers crossed.
Didnt seem to matter much when he called Adam Goodes King Kong or any of the 100 racist, sexist or other discretions since his time at Collingwood
Didnt he say they should hold Caroline Wilsons head under the water during the MND water slide? Yes it was a joke but this is the sort of s**t he has been doing for years and always gets away with it

I doubt whether his decision is related to Lumumba at all

Don't get carried away people.

Eddie as a free man with no official ties is a dangerous man.

He will no longer need to to toe the party line, he will smear our campaign like you wouldn't believe. He'll take the Port Power FC 1996 route and continue with the "we tried to save the real magpies when Port Power tried to to kill them off" theme.

Let's not get excited

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Don't get carried away people.

Eddie as a free man with no official ties is a dangerous man.

He will no longer need to to toe the party line, he will smear our campaign like you wouldn't believe. He'll take the Port Power FC 1996 route and continue with the "we tried to save the real magpies when Port Power tried to to kill them off" theme.

Let's not get excited

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Yes and No. It depends which media gigs he still maintains. If he keeps Fox Footy he will use that. He has quit his MMM breakfast radio show, but has he quit their footy calling gig?

If he loses his media profile he will still do s**t in the background, but will it have the same impact?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think people are kidding themselves if they think Eddie stepping down will significantly improve our chances of getting the PBs approved. The seed has been planted, the baseless and illogical objection to the PBs is now ingrained in certain parts of that football club and the wider AFL hierarchy. The onus is on us to persistently and irresistibly put our case forward.

I think people are kidding themselves if they think Eddie stepping down will significantly improve our chances of getting the PBs approved. The seed has been planted, the baseless and illogical objection to the PBs is now ingrained in certain parts of that football club and the wider AFL hierarchy. The onus is on us to persistently and irresistibly put our case forward.
There are Collingwood people that don't really care much about it, some even support it. If we can try and strike early when the president steps in they're going to be too busy with other s**t to fight the PB battle.

There are Collingwood people that don't really care much about it, some even support it. If we can try and strike early when the president steps in they're going to be too busy with other sh*t to fight the PB battle.

We practically had their current coach promoting them in one of those 150th videos lol. TeeKray is right in that the onus is on us to keep pushing, but IMO is wrong that the load isn’t lighter now that McGuire has left the building. I also think it’s a massive opportunity for the new Collingwood president to show that they’re not just Eddie’s sock puppet.

I think it's a great time to try to reframe the debate from the Collingwood perspective a little bit.

Theoretically the incoming President will be less of a brash, loudmouth buffoon with less of a media profile and might then negotiate on more reasonable terms. And as we know, our argument is very hard to counter reasonably.

The AFL can at ANY time tell Port they can wear what they want

They don’t because they are scared of something (or someone).

That someone who has one of his employees on our board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back