Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predominantly teal strip honestly looks so lollipop yuk. Those teal socks were sickening enough that it should've woken up every Port person from the bloody nightmare but nup ... it got worse.
Have some respect. Tredrea kicked 8 goals in a game with "those teal socks"

The PB's are unique in black and white, the only changes required should be minor, and limited to no more than sponsors' logos as required.

If the club is silly enough to change the colour scheme of that guernsey we will weaken our case for its use in AFL games, and the eddie everywheres of the footy world would be all over that like white on rice.

If the club is silly enough to change the colour scheme of that guernsey

in b4 half the board defend the red and white "Finger Lickin' Good Bars"

Eddie steps down, so we have to step up with the BBTB presentation. Get in front of the AFL Commission to do that presentation and get at least the bars up for the Rd 8 showdown.

Eddie steps down, so we have to step up with the BBTB presentation. Get in front of the AFL Commission to do that presentation and get at least the bars up for the Rd 8 showdown.
You read my mind...now that fat red faced Eddie is gone we need to go full throttle with the Prison Bars push!

Last edited:
3ciehn.png

So is Cos Cardone in the clear now since Eddie is gone?
Not really.

McGuire will still have a whinge about us wearing the PB's and he will use the backdoor to lobby the AFL executives and AFL Commissioners, and I expect him to still whinge on Footy Classified and Fox Footy shows he hosts.

The war isn't over, we have won a little battle, but we need the AFL to show some courage. They were still backing McGuire to the hilt last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We better be smashing through the massive void right now, there'll be no opposition as Collingwood will not want to be involved in more controversy.

We better be smashing through the massive void right now, there'll be no opposition as Collingwood will not want to be involved in more controversy.
For every Collingwood fan/staff member who will want to stay out of sight, there'd be another who'll be overjoyed to use it as a distraction. We should strike as we're always going to get Collingwood nuffies who object and their standing on anything is not going to be any lower then it is right now.

We knew this already, but when the ex CEO says it publicly you know how hard we had to fight and that McGuire wont stop even if he has resigned.

Andrew Demetriou had his fair share of disagreements and patch-ups with Eddie McGuire during the former’s stint as AFL chief executive. But there was one issue, albeit minor in the grand AFL scheme, the two never fully agreed upon. Speaking less than a day after McGuire’s decision to step down from the role he loved so much, Demetriou said the now-former Collingwood president was “a force to be reckoned with” during negotiations.

Especially when it came to clash jumpers.

As Demetriou experienced first-hand, McGuire was determined to see Magpies players don the traditional black and white striped jumper as often as possible. In a pre-game address in 2005, McGuire told a club function: “We are the Collingwood Football Club, we wear black and white stripes, we don’t give a stuff what anybody else wears.”

Even last year as Port Adelaide continued to push its Prison Bar strip — which shares the same colours and similar vertical stripes to Collingwood’s jumper — more often, McGuire urged the AFL to “defend the copyright”, referring the matter to the AFL chairman, chief executive and the league’s legal department.

“I was always at loggerheads with him about the clash jumper,” Demetriou told SEN’s Whateley on Wednesday. “He was obsessed by that – almost to the point where I thought ‘gees, I’m not sure whether this is a fight worth picking, he’s really into this’.”

Demetriou said McGuire’s determination to fight for the black and white stripes was even stronger than his opposition to the Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) handed to New South Wales-based players. Although not by much.

We knew this already, but when the ex CEO says it publicly you know how hard we had to fight and that McGuire wont stop even if he has resigned.

Andrew Demetriou had his fair share of disagreements and patch-ups with Eddie McGuire during the former’s stint as AFL chief executive. But there was one issue, albeit minor in the grand AFL scheme, the two never fully agreed upon. Speaking less than a day after McGuire’s decision to step down from the role he loved so much, Demetriou said the now-former Collingwood president was “a force to be reckoned with” during negotiations.

Especially when it came to clash jumpers.

As Demetriou experienced first-hand, McGuire was determined to see Magpies players don the traditional black and white striped jumper as often as possible. In a pre-game address in 2005, McGuire told a club function: “We are the Collingwood Football Club, we wear black and white stripes, we don’t give a stuff what anybody else wears.”

Even last year as Port Adelaide continued to push its Prison Bar strip — which shares the same colours and similar vertical stripes to Collingwood’s jumper — more often, McGuire urged the AFL to “defend the copyright”, referring the matter to the AFL chairman, chief executive and the league’s legal department.

“I was always at loggerheads with him about the clash jumper,” Demetriou told SEN’s Whateley on Wednesday. “He was obsessed by that – almost to the point where I thought ‘gees, I’m not sure whether this is a fight worth picking, he’s really into this’.”

Demetriou said McGuire’s determination to fight for the black and white stripes was even stronger than his opposition to the Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) handed to New South Wales-based players. Although not by much.

Hmm get paid millions, refuse to argue about fundamentals to your job!

w***er!

“We are the Collingwood Football Club, we wear black and white stripes, we don’t give a stuff what anybody else wears.”

:think:

Nah but super well done to all involved for considering it "too hard to argue". Let the racist get what he wants.

Thankfully Demetriou assisted our move to AO but with clash jumpers he was soft with the Vic clubs. The AFL CEO shouldn't have even entertained arguing with Eddie about it. A rule is a rule, abide or be penalised.

I suspect that Eddie has his connections far and wide in AFL House and so we'll still face massive opposition about wearing the PB.

Correction ... BBTB have re-sent the petition link via Facebook ... not the club.

Last edited:
Thankfully Demetriou assisted our move to AO but with clash jumpers he was soft with the Vic clubs. The AFL CEO shouldn't have even entertained arguing with Eddie about it. A rule is a rule, abide or be penalised.

I suspect that Eddie has his connections far and wide in AFL House and so we'll still face massive opposition about wearing the PB.

The club has re-sent the petition link via Facebook.
That was BBTB that did that.
I haven’t seen the club do it.

Push hard NOW and every time Collingwood complain answer with...

" I would have thought they would be more focused on removing systemic racism than on what colour shirt we wear".

Their PR department will soon realise it is not a good idea to keep dredging it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back