Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right!

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
So Collingwood DON'T hold the trademark for colours or guernseys!
Beautiful.

So this means that the CFC have no argument to mount.

This means that the AFL can allow more than one club to have the colours black and white and more than one club to have a striped kit (and a different pattern of stripe as it turns out).

So bloody get on with it AFL and give us the nod!
I wouldn't assume Richo is 100% legally correct. As I have written before, until you read the legal documents, I'm sceptical. As I wrote in page 182 when Eddie said he would take the AFL to court for breach of copyright.

My best guess is, and I've written this before, the clubs actually own the copyright, they have registered it with IP Australia or the relevant body at the time. But when the clubs agreed to transfer a whole lot of powers to the Commission in July 1993, after the Crawford Report made a series of recommendations, the clubs assigned all the copyright rights and obligations to the AFL so that the AFL could collect licensing fees from manufacturers and other organisations that want to use AFL clubs' IP and the AFL pay the clubs most of those fees collected back to the clubs. Ie there is tighter central control of IP and the AFL has a legal department that can specialize in this and the clubs don't.

So it would be that document that assigns the rights and obligations from the club to the AFL, that Eddie is talking about

That doesn't absolve the AFL from having the guts to make a decision about allowing us to wear a black and white design. The AFL make the rules and they are a law onto themselves. They are just gutless and scared of McGuire.

Pappagallo

Pinko Brigadier
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jesus this is beyond a joke. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, the sport is swimming in red ink and we’re still only “really hopeful” that the AFL will come to its senses and let us wear and subsequently sell the Prison Bars a.k.a. THE MONEY PRINTING MACHINE OF PORT ADELAIDE MERCHANDISE.

Absolute F@&king Lunacy!

Last edited:

glitch01

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
Wish we were pushing for ANZAC round as well.
Don’t forget , we’re just a little working class club....we shouldn’t ask too much!
Should have asked for Showdowns and ANZAC Day as a bare minimum. Also think we should have tried to push to make them an option for finals matches as well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
The crows cracking the s**ts and not wanting us to wear it against them is the funniest part for me.

I’d legit use it to try and get back all the non port supporting SANFL fans back on board with them.

Anyways... AFL harden up ffs
I think its Graham Cornes more than the crows who don't want us to wear it in their home showdown.

El_Scorcho

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I’d like to have a squillion bucks to get made and hand out for free at games prison bar jumpers, people power, a visible one on TV would be great.

The AFL have zero interest in making this happen, if they did it would be done by now, end of story.
The crowd is already prison bar dominant IMO. It's absolutely everywhere on gameday. The will of the supporters is very clear, but we absolutely need to drive that home this year even harder than last year.

Remove this Banner Ad