Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing perfect about that.

This idea that one club can tell another what it can or can't wear is exactly the mentality we're fighting against. If we don't defeat that mentality, we never truly win this fight.
I'm fine for away club's being told you can't wear special strips for away games

The precedent doesn't exist with this happening everywhere during indigenous round but I have no issues with club's saying no.

I think in a perfect world the club would want crows to block wearing away games

Only after AFL has given the green light for twice a year though
Thus the door opens to wear to for two home games

What is my ideal
What is perfect about allowing another club, be it Camry Crows or Collingwood, dictate what guernsey we can wear?

you should see how many crow pricks are in the C'wood forum bagging us & the prison bar jersey ..
No wonder they are all so misinformed on the main board if that is the echo chamber they are coming from.

Mind you I'm pretty sure most of them don't even believe the point they try to make, they just want what they want and are prepared to use any argument that sounds remotely plausible.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Olsen said he was reflecting "the clear view of the membership base" at Adelaide.

"You think a president can veto what a visiting team wears?" responded Koch.

"Yes," said Olsen.

This guy is an actual piece of human garbage.
Lol. As if Olsen knows or cares what the Adelaide members want

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Olsen said he was reflecting "the clear view of the membership base" at Adelaide.

"You think a president can veto what a visiting team wears?" responded Koch.

"Yes," said Olsen.

This guy is an actual piece of human garbage.

Best not to look to politicians for inspiration - take note of the years these pictures are from...

1620438238587.png 1620438281175.png

I actually have no problem with them calling for it. In the modern football landscape, where suburban grounds are gone and every player is best friends with people from other teams, I think opportunities should be taken by clubs to make "away" teams and supporters feel uncomfortable. The Port players and fanbase clearly have a strong connection to the bars, the players have said they feel stronger wearing them, so why wouldn't our opposition try and put a block to that? I have no issue with it.

The thing is though, that while I have no problem with Adelaide saying we shouldn't wear it, it's ultimately the AFL's call, and if the AFL agrees to block us from it whilst allowing Carlton and Essendon run around in a massive Guernsey clash because it's "tradition" it would be yet another example of the bullshit that Gil and his Vic mates dish up on a daily basis.

I'd also take not wearing them in the away Showdown if it meant we got to wear them somewhere else, so that could work in our favour I guess.
I actually have no problem with Adelaide having a veto over us wearing the bars at their home showdown. It is consistent with our argument IMO.

We should be going for home showdown and home ANZAC day instead.

But if Adelaide have that power at their home game then we should be able to insist that Collingwood wear a proper clash jumper at Adelaide Oval incorporating a contrasting color.

Once Collingwood are forced to do that then the bars ore often will be a no brainer.

Because it is something that Port want.

The Camry Crows were created to spite the Port Adelaide Football Club and they take that role very seriously.

If it wasn't for the PAFC the AFC (est 1986) would still only exist in Max Basheer's bottom draw.

View attachment 1121345
All this angst is good for the showdown though which is good for both clubs ultimately.

I love the banter.

I'm fine for away club's being told you can't wear special strips for away games

The precedent doesn't exist with this happening everywhere during indigenous round but I have no issues with club's saying no.
Why should this 'special strip' rule only apply to us? How come Brisbane can wear the old Bears and Fitzroy guernseys and no one bats an eye lid?

Is
What is perfect about allowing another club, be it Camry Crows or Collingwood, dictate what guernsey we can wear?

It's not your day. You're the guest.

This wouldn't seem as crazy if we didn't get told repeatedly what we can't wear as the home team all the time

It's not a special strip, it's OUR PREFERRED STRIP!

Why should this 'special strip' rule only apply to us? How come Brisbane can wear the old Bears and Fitzroy guernseys and no one bats an eye lid?
It shouldn't.

All I'm saying is an a perfect world home team wears what they want

Whether it be prison bars or green and pink hippos.

The away team wears what they've said they will wear in all away games that year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually have no problem with Adelaide having a veto over us wearing the bars at their home showdown. It is consistent with our argument IMO.
So the Camry Crows should be able to insist that we wear the old SBS guernsey or any of our guernseys that take their fancy when it is their home game and this would apply to all AFL clubs?

As I posted above, that is not how it works.

The perfect AFL Guernsey policy in my eyes sees every club being able to nominate whichever playing kit they want to wear, including shorts, socks, whatever, for each of their home games. Whether that means you want to wear the same thing every week, whether you want to wear a heritage Guernsey, or pull out special occasion guernseys every so often, whatever, it's the home teams call.

Opposition teams are given the heads up on what the home team will be wearing before the fixture comes out and must come up with solutions around that. If you can wear your preferred Guernsey in that match up without creating a clash, then do it, but if that preferred Guernsey clashes, you must make another. So if you can get away with one Guernsey to do that, great for you I guess, if it takes 4 different kits, so be it, as long as you work around what the home team wants.

So if Port want to wear the bars against Collingwood, and it's deemed that Collingwood's black Guernsey clashes, and their white Guernsey clashes, then bad luck, they have to make a third. If Adelaide want to wear their home Guernsey and the bars are deemed to clash, bad luck, we have to wear a clash. If Essendon want to wear their home Guernsey at their home game, bad luck, Carlton have to wear their clash. It should be bloody simple.

Is

It's not your day. You're the guest.

This wouldn't seem as crazy if we didn't get told repeatedly what we can't wear as the home team all the time
In an ideal world:

Home team can wear whatever they want.
Away team can wear whatever they want, providing no clash with the home.

So the Camry Crows should be able to insist that we wear the old SBS guernsey or any of our guernseys that take their fancy when it is their home game and this would apply to all AFL clubs?

As I posted above, that is not how it works.
No, you submit an away jumper as the start of the year. If there is a clash of home jumpers, you wear that guernsey. It's pretty simple

In an ideal world:

Home team can wear whatever they want.
Away team can wear whatever they want, providing no clash with the home.

Which is exactly how it works in the AFL right now - and indeed every sporting competition in the world that I'm aware of - with the exception of the Port Adelaide Football Club.

Yep... And from a old Fitzroy supporter the Brisbane lions arnt ******* Fitzroy it wasn't a merger it was a takeover and Fitzroy is gone.

The team for all South Australians, fully owned and operated by the SNAFL for almost 3 decades until they bought back their license, siding with Victoria in opposition to a SA club being allowed to wear a significant heritage guernsey in limited games , is the most Fruchoctopian thing ever.

These campaigners need to be smashed into oblivion tonight.

This game is about so much more than four points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back