Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that many will disagree but I think this is a reasonable compromise.

View attachment 1200745
All home games (including finals) in the one above, except ANZAC Day which is the black and white only

or

All Anzac Days and finals (except against Collingwood) in the black and white PBs and the chevrons for the rest.

Mate, it is the black and white vertical stripes that they disallow, not just black and white only.

Top third - Black framed in white
Middle third - Black and white vertical stripes
Bottom third - Teal and white vertical stripes

I'd argue its materially different.

Not to the afl. If we offer compromises the afl will dilute the black and white until the PB is not black and white vertical stripes at all. That's why we must remain steadfast on wearing it uncompromised. We cannot give them an inch of a compromise.

Top third - Black framed in white
Middle third - Black and white vertical stripes
Bottom third - Teal and white vertical stripes

I'd argue its materially different.
This is the Bring Back The Bars thread, I believe you're looking for the guernsey design thread.

Not to the afl. If we offer compromises the afl will dilute the black and white until the PB is not black and white vertical stripes at all. That's why we must remain steadfast on wearing it uncompromised. We cannot give them an inch of a compromise.
The PBs are black and white. Using the pattern in other colours does not make a prison bar guernsey.

Guys

Just a thought

Dunno if someone else has had this idea

I'm a Carlton fan and I love the bars

And I dunno if this is a new idea

I think the AFL and Collingwood

And Eddie

Would let you do it if you add teal

Something like this

I just think it honours the heritage

And there is lots of people that won't get confused with Collingwood

And all of the younger port power fans that don't no the prison bars would like it two

Cause of the teal you see

What are your thoughts

20210809_215220.jpg

Last edited:
Guys
What are your thoughts

20210809_215220-jpg.1201155

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I'm fine for some sort of silver on black home Teal on white away set up

If we can wear the og on a home game a year of our choosing

Prison bar with teal shorts!

And teal socks!

Teal socks with everything!

Also, teal socks with nothing!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Would you rather never wear prison bar ever again or compromise and wear a modified prison bar that represents our past and present?

Here's a little shitty mock up.
View attachment 1202255

If its a choice between this all year round or the chevrons all year round I'd of course take this.
Look at our jumper through the 1930's to the 1990's, there were often changes to it but in essence it is the same.

Stubborness on both sides however will lead to another 25 years of no wharf pylons, or worse, signing our rights away for 1 game a year against the crows.

If its a choice between this all year round or the chevrons all year round I'd of course take this.

So you’re willing to bastardise the bars as a compromise but wearing the chevrons is a step too far?

That’s ridic.

So you’re willing to bastardise the bars as a compromise but wearing the chevrons is a step too far?

That’s ridic.

Yep, I'm at the point that I would rather "bastardise" it than not have it at all in AFL, AFLW and AFL reserves.

Do you consider our current logo to be a bastardisation of the bars?
Would you rather go back to the old one or at least have something that provides a semblance of the heritage of this club.

Maybe I have lost hope that we will ever repay our debt, regain control of our own board and make our own decisions.
If I'm wrong, fine, I'll wait another 25 years before I tell you I told you so.

Yep, I'm at the point that I would rather "bastardise" it than not have it at all in AFL, AFLW and AFL reserves.

Do you consider our current logo to be a bastardisation of the bars?
Would you rather go back to the old one or at least have something that provides a semblance of the heritage of this club.

Maybe I have lost hope that we will ever repay our debt, regain control of our own board and make our own decisions.
If I'm wrong, fine, I'll wait another 25 years before I tell you I told you so.

My thoughts on the logo are well documented. The old logo and the current one both had the representation of the bars in them. The only real difference is that the fist and lightning bolt have been replaced with the PA monogram, both of which have as much to do with the SANFL history as each other.

The PB guernsey doesn't stop existing just because we can't wear it in the AFL. We can even sell it as merch and keep up the push to wear it on special occasions. I've said before that the power of the unadulterated guernsey as a symbol of our club grows each time it is knocked back or refused by the AFL/Collingwood. It's up to the club to maintain the pressure and not give in. Adding teal to the bars is giving in and the pay off isn't worth it. It just isn't.

IMO the chevrons are a more than acceptable guernsey for the club. It's a strong design, now has 11 years* of history with the club, works well in different colour ways to cater for home, away, and clash, is distinct within the competition and allows us the use of the number panel on the back. As you say, we've worn different guernsey's throughout our history but this is one that ticks all the boxes except "being Prison Bars".

We've finally got ourselves into a position where we hold the cards. Don't fritter it away on some weak design change of our most famous guernsey, a change that would require much more than what you've proposed, to satisfy Collingwood.

Keep the bars as a sacred, untouchable, icon of our club. Wearing them in AFL matches would be amazing, but only if it's on our terms, not with concessions enforced upon us by those that wish to weaken us.

The PBs symbolise our clubs history of winning the unwinnable, beating the unbeatable, and consistently getting ourselves to the heights that we had no right to be. There is a very good reason that others are putting pressure on us to change it, and it's not altruism.

Hold the line. Stand firm.
Don't let the bastards win.

*at the end of 2022 we would have worn the BiB chevrons as long as we wore the SBS guernsey. The following season it becomes our most worn AFL guernsey.

Last edited:
Would you rather never wear prison bar ever again or compromise and wear a modified prison bar that represents our past and present?

Here's a little shitty mock up.
View attachment 1202255
A compromise is not the prison bars so you are asking would you rather never wear prison bars ever again or never wear prison bars ever again?

My thoughts on the logo are well documented. The old logo and the current one both had the representation of the bars in them. The only real difference is that the fist and lightning bolt have been replaced with the PA monogram, both of which have as much to do with the SANFL history as each other.

The PB guernsey doesn't stop existing just because we can't wear it in the AFL. We can even sell it as merch and keep up the push to wear it on special occasions. I've said before that the power of the unadulterated guernsey as a symbol of our club grows each time it is knocked back or refused by the AFL/Collingwood. It's up to the club to maintain the pressure and not give in. Adding teal to the bars is giving in and the pay off isn't worth it. It just isn't.

IMO the chevrons are a more than acceptable guernsey for the club. It's a strong design, now has 11 years* of history with the club, works well in different colour ways to cater for home, away, and clash, is distinct within the competition and allows us the use of the number panel on the back. As you say, we've worn different guernsey's throughout our history but this is one that ticks all the boxes except "being Prison Bars".

We've finally got ourselves into a position where we hold the cards. Don't fritter it away on some weak design change of our most famous guernsey, a change that would require much more than what you've proposed, to satisfy Collingwood.

Keep the bars as a sacred, untouchable, icon of our club. Wearing them in AFL matches would be amazing, but only if it's on our terms, not with concessions enforced upon us by those that wish to weaken us.

The PBs symbolise our clubs history of winning the unwinnable, beating the unbeatable, and consistently getting ourselves to the heights that we had no right to be. There is a very good reason that others are putting pressure on us to change it, and it's not altruism.

*at the end of 2022 we would have worn the BiB chevrons as long as we wore the SBS guernsey. The following season it becomes our most worn AFL guernsey.

I really want to believe you, I guess we wait.

Hold the line.
Go high and put in an initial "ambit" claim.
That way, when forced to negotiate down, you end up with an excellent result not far removed from that which you would have wanted.

This x1000.

Any alternate designs should just straight up be deleted from this thread we are years past that point
Bingo. 5 appearances of the jumper in 25 years is compromise enough. Having to settle for 2 games a year would be compromising if we were even allowed that. Compromising has happened all this time, we shouldn't budge one bit on the design, we want to wear it because it's so special to us. Just wish the AFL saw it the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back