Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photoshop ruined the great team photo posters.
What happened to that swing posters stand outside the Port Store that had about 30 or so teams from different years? I remember that most years those end of season photos had the players in the woolen long sleeves jumper rather than the lace ups. Dont know why.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Struggling to find the URL for buying a PBs guernsey.

Please help a fellah out.

The Maggies gear isn’t on the website because it’s AFL-only. The stock purchased from there gets shipped by Infinite Retail in Broadmeadows.

If you call the Port Store direct they can let you know what they have (at Alberton) and mail it out to you.

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Struggling to find the URL for buying a PBs guernsey.

Please help a fellah out.

The Maggies gear isn’t on the website because it’s AFL-only. The stock purchased from there gets shipped by Infinite Retail in Broadmeadows.

If you call the Port Store direct they can let you know what they have (at Alberton) and mail it out to you.
I was in there recently and there were PBs to be had, mostly in XL & XXL. There was also a cute junior lace-up one with sewn-on bars!

Oct 22, 2015
Port Adelaide, SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If the Prison Bars will be our home guernsey for 2020, then what should be our away guernsey? I was considering our old 1997 one to be our away guernsey since we won a premiership with it in 2004. What do you guys think?? #BringBackTheBars #BarUp
Port-6.gif
Port-Home-1997.gif

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
If the Prison Bars will be our home guernsey for 2020, then what should be our away guernsey? I was considering our old 1997 one to be our away guernsey since we won a premiership with it in 2004. What do you guys think?? #BringBackTheBars #BarUp
Port-6.gif
Port-Home-1997.gif
I've never much liked the SBS; it always looked more of a pre-season jumper to me. I'd go with the PBs as main, BiB & white/chevrons as clash jumpers to start with. Also, I think we should use the current version of the PBs rather than this heritage one (but I'll take any version if it means we can #Bringbackthebars!).

Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With the prison bars and Chevron jumpers we would have the #1 and #2 best looking guernseys
Disagree, I would trade the chevrons for Carlton's strip (with PAFC monogram, in black instead of navy blue-- which Carlton have already pretty much done) or for Collingwood's strip in a heartbeat. Wouldn't trade the PBs for anything though.

I don’t think anyone picked up on this. Looks to be dated just before he was drafted but we would’ve been in his ear at this point. Apologies if images are overly large.
7EAC47F6-97B6-4508-959C-1C990B07809B.jpeg
22C48BA8-AD5C-4FED-A0F4-1E6DB485CC4E.jpeg

DUUUUUUURSMA APPROVES

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SgtSchulz what a great find. Here is the full picture.

Should have a competition to see who can name the most number of players correctly - without zooming/blowing up the top part of the picture which has the names. Reckon I can name 15 off the top of my head but then it starts to get harder.

48367245_992181350970700_2366609271669391360_n.jpg
Without cheating I reckon I can get about 25

Back - ?, Dwayne Russell, Ross agius, Greg Anderson, Craig Lum, ?, Allan Gill, Steve Curtis, ?

Middle - Des Drogemuller, Stephen Bomber-Clifford, ?, Darren Smith, Ben Harris, Russell Johnston, Dexter Kennedy, David Baker, Craig Bradley, Craig Ebert, Kim Kinnear

Front - Anthony Williams, ?, Martin Leslie, Michael Owen (not sure), Tony Giles, God, Tim Evans, David Harvey, Paul Belton, Stephen Knight, Stephen Williams

I don't know why my brain remembers that but chose to forget one of my children's name this morning.

An update please, are we any closer to wearing the PB guernsey?

Has the petition gone to the Club and if so what has been the response?

The board liked the idea. But will probably get the ball rolling on it at a later date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back