Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great way to stall it and hope it runs put of steam....

The pressure needs to be maintained and the momentum needs to be continued.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

These things don’t happen overnight and with Xmas etc. it’s understandable.

The club are doing their bit now, as outlined earlier in the thread, the campaign will step up during the season and with 10k signatures we’ll be pushing hard.

Sounds like a great way to stall it and hope it runs put of steam....

The pressure needs to be maintained and the momentum needs to be continued.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It’s actually the opposite. We need to pinpoint key dates in 2019 to increase our activities, eg AGM, Family Day, first home game, Anzac round, etc

We also need to be more co-ordinated with what we do on these occasions.

Relentless monotony will eventually begin to erode any good will we’ve managed to build with the Port community.

SgtSchulz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 24, 2014
Bob McLean Sportsbar
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mark Webber
The board liked the idea. But will probably get the ball rolling on it at a later date.
We’ve got to put the club, and to a lesser degree the AFL, in a position with the petition that to deny or restrict the use of the Prison Bars is going against ideally over 10,000 passionate supporters.

In other words keep getting friends and family to sign the petition.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
I have zero faith in the club doing the right thing for its supporters for once.
Whats the right thing to do? Push hard and relentlessly to have us in our traditional successful guernsey we should have been able to wear from day 1.
What I feel the club will do is timidly ask for maybe one game in a prison bar guernsey which we maybe allowed to wear on a Sunday morning game away v gold coast, probably coming with an agreement that we never ask for it again..all while apologizing relentlessly to our 'new' supporters. Which is pathetic.

Love what the fans are doing with this, and signed the day it was announced, but have absolute zero faith in our club..

We’ve got to put the club, and to a lesser degree the AFL, in a position with the petition that to deny or restrict the use of the Prison Bars is going against ideally over 10,000 passionate supporters.

In other words keep getting friends and family to sign the petition.

The petition isn’t as important as you think it is.

It’s a vital part of the first phase of the campaign but it’s not a silver bullet. It is very easy to ignore a petition, especially an online petition that has ‘evolved’ the way this one has.

It has (almost) served its useful purpose in getting the campaign attention and a showing of support.

When we meet up in the new year, we need to start to work together and focus on what’s most important and when.

I strongly suggest you do that draft schedule I mentioned previously so we can sync all efforts around it.

The petition isn’t as important as you think it is.

It’s a vital part of the first phase of the campaign but it’s not a silver bullet. It is very easy to ignore a petition, especially an online petition that has ‘evolved’ the way this one has.

It has (almost) served its useful purpose in getting the campaign attention and a showing of support.

When we meet up in the new year, we need to start to work together and focus on what’s most important and when.

I strongly suggest you do that draft schedule I mentioned previously so we can sync all efforts around it.
Good stuff, Bomber.

Feb 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There was a write-up about Jason Momoa in the Advertiser today, including references to his connection to Port. Might be worth trying to reach out to him (eg via Twitter) and get his backing for the #bringbackthebars campaign? Especially as he clearly loves the guernsey.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...n/news-story/75c1598af6ddcc566e13019a77cca30e
Aquaman star Jason Momoa lived in Adelaide and is a Port Adelaide Magpies fan

The ruggedly handsome Hawaiian, who shot to global fame as Khal Drogo in the TV mega-hit Game of Thrones, actually lived in Adelaide for a number of years while he dated McLeod’s Daughters star Simmone Jade McKinnon and developed a love for the Aussie sense of humour, work ethic – and the PAFC.

Momoa was pictured in a Port Magpies “prison bar” guernsey during a visit to Oz Comic-Con back in 2014, and last year posted a picture of himself with children Lola and Wolf watching the NRL State of Origin match with the caption, “Raise them right. DA MOMOAZ bleed. Qld. All Black. And Port Power. I love Australia and New Zealand. Best sports ever. Except they need hockey. Go maroons.”

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...n/news-story/75c1598af6ddcc566e13019a77cca30e

He loses points for Port Power though.

There was a write-up about Jason Momoa in the Advertiser today, including references to his connection to Port. Might be worth trying to reach out to him (eg via Twitter) and get his backing for the #bringbackthebars campaign? Especially as he clearly loves the guernsey.

Aquaman star Jason Momoa lived in Adelaide and is a Port Adelaide Magpies fan

The ruggedly handsome Hawaiian, who shot to global fame as Khal Drogo in the TV mega-hit Game of Thrones, actually lived in Adelaide for a number of years while he dated McLeod’s Daughters star and developed a love for the Aussie sense of humour, work ethic – and the PAFC.

Momoa was pictured in a Port Magpies “prison bar” guernsey during a visit to Oz Comic-Con back in 2014, and last year posted a picture of himself with children Lola and Wolf watching the NRL State of Origin match with the caption, “Raise them right. DA MOMOAZ bleed. Qld. All Black. And Port Power. I love Australia and New Zealand. Best sports ever. Except they need hockey. Go maroons.”

He loses points for PoSimmone Jade McKinnonrt Power though.
So Mcleod's daughter is the link to Chad Cornes. Cornes was dating Rachael Carpani when Momoa was dating Simmone Jade McKinnon.

So Mcleod's daughter is the link to Chad Cornes. Cornes was dating Rachael Carpani when Momoa was dating Simmone Jade McKinnon.

This is important to remember as we embark on our 2019 campaign.

This is important to remember as we embark on our 2019 campaign.
Understanding how obscure people become Port supporters, who are in a position of influence, and how and why they were converted is important to remember, as you will find out in about 6 months time.

Last edited:
Surely there is a 100,000 AFL supporters who hate Collingwood enough, to sign our petition...?
We have intentionally avoided dipping into that well. Raw numbers and hatred isn’t the point of the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back