Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Really like these designs from caloschwaby on the FJGD board who incidentally happens to be a Collingwood supporter.

1551820650256.png

Still as a very obvious wharf pylon image whilst pushing away from black and white stripes.

Unpopular opinion: I think it'd look better with a black border around the pylons rather than white, but I don't hate it. It's no Prison Bars of course, but I prefer it to our current guernsey.

Current guernsey is bland, representative of nothing, looks like the result of a minimum effort default guernsey creator on an Xbox game. I think the only reason that guernsey is so popular is because its predecessor was such a s**t sandwich that anything would've been seen as an improvement.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
Current guernsey is bland, representative of nothing, looks like the result of a minimum effort default guernsey creator on an Xbox game. I think the only reason that guernsey is so popular is because its predecessor was such a s**t sandwich that anything would've been seen as an improvement.

Totally agree.

I maintain that if we'd entered the AFL in 1997 with teal bars on black, we'd still be wearing them.

There wouldn't be the current disdain there is for the idea because we wouldn't have had the identity crisis nearly as badly. We wouldn't fiercely protect our right to the prison bars so firmly because they never really would have been taken away from us. The supporter base never would have gotten so enamoured with the BiB design had it been proposed just because it looked like a traditional footy guernsey, because we already had one.

Totally agree.

I maintain that if we'd entered the AFL in 1997 with teal bars on black, we'd still be wearing them.

There wouldn't be the current disdain there is for the idea because we wouldn't have had the identity crisis nearly as badly. We wouldn't fiercely protect our right to the prison bars so firmly because they never really would have been taken away from us. The supporter base never would have gotten so enamoured with the BiB design had it been proposed just because it looked like a traditional footy guernsey, because we already had one.

And we should've been the Pirates, dammit!

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Totally agree.

I once thought this way as well but honestly that jumper is suited to black and white, and watching the Hall of Fame clips of Fiacchi strongly reinforced how good it looks ... especially when the horizontal bar sat higher up on the chest. It is a magnificent jumper. Besides, having anything other is just another compromise, another shift, another change under coercion. Frankly I'm sick of the compromise.

When supporters have asked each other "what do we stand for?" I havent really been able to see an answer. I think I know what the club wants to stand for but it can't seem to direct itself to that place.

In my opinion in our AFL journey we've stood for compromise because we've excused it, and I'm not just talking about jumpers and traditions but in whatever shape it has been in, it all plays a role in what we are seeing now on the field of play.

I'd like to see us stop compromising.

What if in some bizarre twist Eddie supports our quest? I'd grab the opportunity and never look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back