Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to PM you with swap proposals sooo much.

Sorry mate not for sale/trade unless you were putting something obscenely valuable on the table like a 1990 Prison Bars or Russell Ebert’s jockstrap haha. I sold about 3/4 of my collection recently to build up a war chest for bub so what’s leftover is the good (and so bad it’s good) s**t that I really want to keep.

Sorry mate not for sale/trade unless you were putting something obscenely valuable on the table like a 1990 Prison Bars or Russell Ebert’s jockstrap haha. I sold about 3/4 of my collection recently to build up a war chest for bub so what’s leftover is the good (and so bad it’s good) s**t that I really want to keep.
I know, that's why I didn't :).

Does it need to be a match worn jock strap, or will day to day worn be sufficient for the swap??
I’ll more than likely see Russ this morning...

I've definitely seen that before but I can't remember where.

Probably no worse than what we went with really. Glad that era of sports design is over.
Yeah I’m getting familiar vibes. Did Pappagallo post it on FJGD by any chance?

92 Buckley match worn ?

At tonight's Club 1870 event Matthew Richardson made a brief mention that we should feel confident that we will be wearing our traditional guernsey in 2020 as part of our 150th anniversary celebrations.

No mention if it'll be a one of or numerous occasions throughout the season.

Interestingly though on AFL 360 tonight, Gillon McLachlan was asked about Western Bulldogs marvel guernsey. In the conversation he mentioned that the AFL allow clubs only one opportunity a year to wear a one off guernsey. This rule has been in place for the last 10 years.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

At tonight's Club 1870 event Matthew Richardson made a brief mention that we should feel confident that we will be wearing our traditional guernsey in 2020 as part of our 150th anniversary celebrations.

No mention if it'll be a one of or numerous occasions throughout the season.

Interestingly though on AFL 360 tonight, Gillon McLachlan was asked about Western Bulldogs marvel guernsey. In the conversation he mentioned that the AFL allow clubs only one opportunity a year to wear a one off guernsey. This rule has been in place for the last 10 years.

That's unquestionably not true.

Like, even ignoring Indigenous round, last year, Geelong, Brisbane, Hawthorn, Richmond, wore 2 one off jumpers, Melbourne wore 3, Essendon and St Kilda wore 4 one-offs.

The AFL makes rules just to break them.

That's unquestionably not true.

Like, even ignoring Indigenous round, last year, Geelong, Brisbane, Hawthorn, Richmond, wore 2 one off jumpers, Melbourne wore 3, Essendon and St Kilda wore 4 one-offs.

The AFL makes rules just to break them.
It was hard to tell whether he meant a gimmicky guernsey to be honest or just alternative guernseys in general

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL what is going on? Wouldn't this be the worst possible guernsey to introduce in a Black vs White scratchy?
Maybe the player wearing it switched with whoever has possession.

There is an explanation as to why Ebo was wearing this guernsey, but the club will probably release it soon enough when it is seen more.

I was asked not to say...

Needless to say, it has nothing to do with wearing it during the premiership season.

This guernsey has #35 on it - which is pretty cool!!

There is an explanation as to why Ebo was wearing this guernsey, but the club will probably release it soon enough when it is seen more.

I was asked not to say...

Needless to say, it has nothing to do with wearing it during the premiership season.

This guernsey has #35 on it - which is pretty cool!!

Screen_shot_2011-12-25_at_4.52.05_AM.png

The reason has already been published in the Herald Sun? Not sure what good secrecy is going to do.

Basically one player a week at training is going to be wearing a prison bar #35 as a tribute to J-Mac. Obviously Ebo was the first, which makes sense considering his mateship with J-Mac and his connection to the bars.

The reason has already been published in the Herald Sun? Not sure what good secrecy is going to do.

Basically one player a week at training is going to be wearing a prison bar #35 as a tribute to J-Mac. Obviously Ebo was the first, which makes sense considering his mateship with J-Mac and his connection to the bars.
Why? (Rhetorical question). J-Mac never wore the prison bars. Only 7 players (might be 8 players) are left from 2012 squad.

Yep, this is it... I don’t think there is any real secrecy around it - they just hadn’t released it yet as Ebo was the first to wear it today!

Why? (Rhetorical question). J-Mac never wore the prison bars. Only 7 players (might be 8 players) are left from 2012 squad.
This. Being a training thing it is for the players more than the fans I guess but as much as it is a nice sentiment, it feels a bit like the club trying to placate the #bringbackthebars movement a bit without actually doing any of the hard work required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back