Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm perfectly fine with us honouring our heritage and look, that guernsey was the first we wore. It makes perfect sense.

But, noone alive has seen us wear that guernsey. There is zero emotion to it. Zero. Hundreds of thousands of people have seen us win grand finals in the prison bars. The prison bars is Port Adelaide. It is a visual form of what this club stands for, its culture, its history, its tradition, its success.

If we get to wear both the bars and the hoops, thats fine by me. If we only wear the hoops, then thats unforgivable.

I have little doubt that the club has flown a kite with this. They've given Dwayne the info to release to see the reaction.

I'm perfectly fine with us honouring our heritage and look, that guernsey was the first we wore. It makes perfect sense.

But, noone alive has seen us wear that guernsey. There is zero emotion to it. Zero. Hundreds of thousands of people have seen us win grand finals in the prison bars. The prison bars is Port Adelaide. It is a visual form of what this club stands for, its culture, its history, its tradition, its success.

If we get to wear both the bars and the hoops, thats fine by me. If we only wear the hoops, then thats unforgivable.

I have little doubt that the club has flown a kite with this. They've given Dwayne the info to release to see the reaction.
There should be absolutely zero need to "fly a kite" on this issue to see the reaction. If the club has that little of an idea on this issue, they truly are imbeciles.

Lol full marks for creativity. Unsure if Kochie is the elephant or the clown here.
No credit for creativity to me, mate.
I remembered this poem from primary school, especially after I entered my own original work titled ‘The Message That Wasn’t Delivered’ and written Henry Lawson style in a Sunday Mail competition.
I came second. The kid who won plagiarised this exact poem.

No credit for creativity to me, mate.
I remembered this poem from primary school, especially after I entered my own original work titled ‘The Message That Wasn’t Delivered’ and written Henry Lawson style in a Sunday Mail competition.
I came second. The kid who won plagiarised this exact poem.

Still a creative application.

I’ve settled on Kochie as the clown and Cardone as the elephant in the room.

Still a creative application.

I’ve settled on Kochie as the clown and Cardone as the elephant in the room.
Eddie is the Elephant. Cardone is the dog jumping thru the hoop.

The club is either trying to get the PBs as a big part of the 150 or they are trying to make us think their trying. Either way, management do seem to appreciate the importance to the rank and file.

I think they are trying. Try and they might succeed. Don’t try and they will look incompetent. No one likes to look incompetent.

The club is either trying to get the PBs as a big part of the 150 or they are trying to make us think their trying. Either way, management do seem to appreciate the importance to the rank and file.

I think they are trying. Try and they might succeed. Don’t try and they will look incompetent. No one likes to look incompetent.
They are trying, but won’t push hard. The hoops is ‘We’re going to honour all our heritage Port fans!’. Gets us all excited, but later it’ll be ‘Well we got only half of what we asked for’, enjoy the hoops!. I can’t help, but be cynical it’s preemptive cover for not getting the PB’s.

We all know how this groundhog season is going to go on the field. Rinse and repeat season 2015, 16, 17, 18.

Literally the only thing of interest for me now is ‘will we get to see the PAFC in our iconic PB/WP guernsey from 2020’.

A one off would be a shitty result.

If it comes without an announcement that we're wearing the bars on a regular basis, I'm taking a break until a regime change. We've taken enough **** from these frauds.

I'm preparing to do that even if we wear the PBs as well as the Hoops.

As Portia & PapaG have said, what is the point? It dilutes everything and counteracts any positive bump you'd get from wearing the PBs.

In fact, I think it would actually be more beneficial for us, to be denied wearing the PBs and NOT wearing any heritage jumper for the 150th than it would to add the Hoops to our 'celebration'

Galvanise the supporter base.
Us v The Rest
Back against the wall.
Never tear us apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This isn't something that needs to be tested. The reaction to blue and white hoops as a bait and switch to wearing prison bars was always going to be fiercely negative. At this point the club leadership is either intentionally pissing off the supporter base or is woefully incompetent.

I'm preparing to do that even if we wear the PBs as well as the Hoops.

As Portia & PapaG have said, what is the point? It dilutes everything and counteracts any positive bump you'd get from wearing the PBs.

In fact, I think it would actually be more beneficial for us, to be denied wearing the PBs and NOT wearing any heritage jumper for the 150th than it would to add the Hoops to our 'celebration'

Galvanise the supporter base.
Us v The Rest
Back against the wall.
Never tear us apart.

The hoops only make sense if we were commemorating a particular event that happened 150 years ago. We’re not. We’re celebrating our entire 150 years of history, every single one of them, so it only makes sense to wear the guernsey that was used for the vast, vast majority of that time.

Anything else is just fraudulent.

Didn’t mind the guernsey when we wore it in the Showdown but let’s get the bars over the line.

I still have nightmares of seeing Shaun bounce out of the centre, hitting the half forward line and bouncing the ball again....

And the ball didn’t come back to him. Game over.

Last edited:
I'll accept the blue hoops as a one off if we have the PB's any time we want I guess

The same goes for teal. It’s only derided because it’s been cast as the alternative for the thing we rightfully want. If we had agency over when we could use the Prison Bars in the AFL then I guarantee it would become much more widely accepted as an alternative when required, as opposed to the blanket alternative forced upon us for no good reason.

Apologies if already posted

"The following year in 2007, it reached an agreement with the AFL that it could wear the prison bars for all future heritage rounds on the proviso it was not against Collingwood. Remarkably, there have been no heritage rounds staged since the agreement was struck."

Bring back Heritage round!

You have to wonder why the AFL would want to alienate the most engaged supporter base in the league

We've gone from league leading to dead last in the space of 3 years. The worst part is, there's no mystery, it's painfully obvious what has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back