Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on the news package SPP was wearing it at training. Suits him. Makes him look like a beast.
Untitled.jpg

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And my Saturday night anger is back.

Important not to get spooked by the rumors. Not a denial.
Our 150 anniversary plans are advancing well. Vanilla statement, means nothing.
We very much understand what’s important to the Port Adelaide family. Patronising dribble, again not a denial.
All will be revealed soon. I know what "soon" means.

Here's a photo of nuts in a jar.

th.jpg

Last edited:

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd love to see the PBs for the 150th... but I'd also like to see our 2004 get a run as it's a huge part for us, also the very first blue and white hoops.

The 04 for our home games
The blue and white as an away
And for the one major 150th anniversary game the PBs....

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd love to see the PBs for the 150th... but I'd also like to see our 2004 get a run as it's a huge part for us, also the very first blue and white hoops.

No way. Stuff all the jumpers we've worn because of compromise. It is PB/WP that should be our primary jumper forever. The teal, the silver, the lightning bolts, all of these are symbolic of our bending over and taking it hard. It is time to bend the enemy over and give it.

Boy … I never talk like this … but that's what the PB/WP means to me, and to the past greats that got us into the AFL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1

Wtf...

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No way. Stuff all the jumpers we've worn because of compromise. It is PB/WP that should be our primary jumper forever. The teal, the silver, the lightning bolts, all of these are symbolic of our bending over and taking it hard. It is time to bend the enemy over and give it.

Boy … I never talk like this … but that's what the PB/WP means to me, and to the past greats that got us into the AFL!

look i agree, no doubt. BUT theres more to our history than just the black and white stripes.....
joining the afl was a huge moment for a suburban footy club. thats a big part of the history also.
The first and so far only grandfinal in the afl was a huge moment.
i love the PBs as much as the next guy but what im saying is there is more to celebrate than just that when talking our history!

look i agree, no doubt. BUT theres more to our history than just the black and white stripes.....
joining the afl was a huge moment for a suburban footy club. thats a big part of the history also.
The first and so far only grandfinal in the afl was a huge moment.
i love the PBs as much as the next guy but what im saying is there is more to celebrate than just that when talking our history!

There is, but not right now.

This is a battle for our identity and diluting it with 'other things to celebrate' is absolutely the wrong thing to do for our 150th.

Our 150th needs to be about our identity as Port Adelaide and the PB guernsey is inseparable from that.
It's the last opportunity to leverage the AFL to allow us something that should already be our right.

Wishy washy alternatives and concessions are an admission of failure and once it's gone, that's it. They've won.

When they take the yearly club photograph the players should be wearing the PB/WP jumper.

That is a seriously good idea.

Someone send this to Richo.

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
So Dom Cassisi has come out hard against Dwayno for mudraking and getting a scoop at all costs, even an incorrect one , and trying to create a divide between the supporter base and the club in regards to the PBs
All the while, he is invited (for a sizeable fee, I would expect) back to MC club events on a regular basis. The tripe he spewed when commentating the Showdown, as well as his increasing habit of dropping information, false or otherwise, about the club is more than enough for his services to be no longer required.

Strong leadership from the club would see this happen...so I expect nothing will happen.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There is, but not right now.

This is a battle for our identity and diluting it with 'other things to celebrate' is absolutely the wrong thing to do for our 150th.

Our 150th needs to be about our identity as Port Adelaide and the PB guernsey is inseparable from that.
It's the last opportunity to leverage the AFL to allow us something that should already be our right.

Wishy washy alternatives and concessions are an admission of failure and once it's gone, that's it. They've won.

yer thats a fair point. the PBs is the first thing you think of when thinking about our history. theres no way around that

Maybe to pis5 off the AFL so much that they let us wear the PB from 2021 to shut us up, we wear 22 different bloody jumper designs we have had since 1870.

Wearung the 1951 Jubilee of Federation jumper Collingwood gave us design might be interesting.

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And my Saturday night anger is back.

Important not to get spooked by the rumors. Not a denial.
Our 150 anniversary plans are advancing well. Vanilla statement, means nothing.
We very much understand what’s important to the Port Adelaide family. Patronising dribble, again not a denial.
All will be revealed soon. I know what "soon" means.

Here's a photo of nuts in a jar.

View attachment 673949

More like

1557893788034.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back