Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's cleared that up.

1475141022-homer-confused.gif

I feel like our club is so incompetent and disconnected with the fans, that we could use reverse psychology and run a #BuryTheBars and #WeWantMoreTeal campaign and we'd actually end up getting the Prison Bars at AFL level.

Maybe we are going to start this apparent negotiation with Collingwood by demanding we wear their exact guernsey.

Then as a gesture of good will we'll agree to add a horizontal stripe at the top.

And when that is not enough we will compromise further by removing the vertical white stripes above the the horizontal stripe. Hell, we will even throw in the stripes on the back going as well.

And when even that, which should surely be enough, does not satisfy Eddie, we will cave and agree to make the white stripes thinner.

If the unbelievable happens and Collingwood still kick up a stink, we will agree to add a few more of the thinner white stripes.

And all this while, we keep the number panel up our sleeve, not to mention the white collar and cuffs, just in case we have to go nuclear and totally fold to Collingwood's demands.

Genius tactics from the club. I am impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have updated the survey but still refused to refer to it as the Prison Bar jumper View attachment 702316

An explicit reference to the Prison Bars would evoke all the tradition and heritage feels which might draw some of the those pesky votes. It’s much better to just provide a description that a two year old would give sans pictures so that people only focus on whatever aesthetics they conjure up in their heads.

I tried to walk away but I'm too bloody angry.
This picture of the Hong Kong Legislature sums up my feelings for the club right now.

Why the * are we not wearing the prisonbars this weekend rather than the silver pyjamas?
Why the * can't you say prisonbars in the survey?
You don't represent my club Koch, Ken, KT, just get the * out.

I'm ready to smash down the doors and write in paint over the walls: #bringbackthebars

Last edited:
They've now added "with a horizontal bar" to clarify it better.

At a far stretch I can only think that stating prison bars only is not discriminating colours which 'Eddie everywhere' has been sprouting to get creative and wear magenta and teal prison bars.

It should say 'our black and white famous prison bar jumper'.

Because it was never "Prison Bar Guernsey ". It was designed after the Wharf Pylons at Port Adelaide.
Was other SANFL Club supporters that renamed it, Prison Bar, to get up Port supporters noses.

... and Port supporters then took it as their own and used the 'sledge' as a badge of honour.

It's not up to you, or me, or Jenny Williams to decide what is correct, it's up to the masses and they have clearly resonated with the Prison Bar nickname.

That's how language works.

I'd also add that the Wharf Pylon story does actually have some questions about its validity as well, but it's a great story and strengthens the ties to the local area.

Not sure of my choice..

Guernsey a:

Absorbs all the colours of the spectrum and in its forepart has alternate equi length thick diagonal lines reminiscent of one side of an equilatetal triangle and made up of one part that reflectis all light and an alternate colour named after Anas crecca.

Or

Guernsey b

The prison bars.

Academic my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back