Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Because our black guernsey clashes with their Indigenous guernsey.

4yr84FD.jpg
Right, so if KT is fair dinkum then we may never see teal in a showdown again.

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
Yeah this was evident from all the people we spoke to.
Cheers for all the work you guys are doing for this 👍. Who can we target on social media from the AFL that actually has some clout? Get them to take notice that this is fan driven and not the club just wanting to sell a few jumpers.

Cheers for all the work you guys are doing for this 👍. Who can we target on social media from the AFL that actually has some clout? Get them to take notice that this is fan driven and not the club just wanting to sell a few jumpers.
They’ve noticed. It’s working, we just need to hold steady.

When we look at the geo-data from the petition, we got some surprisingly good support from West Coast* and Geelong fans after promoting the petition to them on BigFooty. I think this is a good tactic for us to continue with. It shows that the support is far broader than just Port supporters.

*not sure if this included Freo as well. chiwigi would be able to confirm this.

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Myself and bomberclifford met with the club yesterday and they were very supportive of our campaign. They assured us that everyone at the club is on board with bringing back the bars in some capacity (especially for showdowns) and are working hard to make it happen.

Everything was positive from them and their passion for the PB’s was clear throughout the meeting.

Full time PB’s are of course unlikely, but they are battling hard for IN 2020 and will continue battling for FROM 2020.
Interested to know if any of those at the meeting sit on the Board?

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Matthew Richardson, Ben Demertzis and Daniel Norton.
Unfortunately these guys aren't representative of the boards opinion on the matter.

They may very well share the same passion and or views for our guernsey as most of us do, however I doubt they have any say or influence on the matter at board level.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately these guys aren't representative of the boards opinion on the matter.

They may very well share the same passion and or views for our guernsey as most of us do, however I doubt they have any say or influence on the matter at board level.

They, along with the CEO, are charged with implementing the strategies set down by the board.

The way I look at it, if they are working towards something, then the board, by design, must be okay with it.

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Understand your frustration but reckon you may be a tad harsh. Members/supporters can only make representation through the appropriate management structures as with any business. None of those people are lightweights within the PAFC system.

Collectively, 'we' may not get get exactly what 'we' want which in itself may be diversified but the meeting Chiwigi and Bomber were able to arrange is one helluva great start.

Realistically the board wouldn't do that much. They either tell the executives and staff to go hard at getting the bars approved or not at all. The board aren't stopping the executives to chase this goal. It is the club executives who would be dealing with executives at the AFL about getting approval to wear it.

I bet when Brisbane go and negotiate to wear the Fitzroy jumper a few times a year when they play in Melbourne, it is their executives who go talk to the AFL executives about it. Their board wouldn't have anything to do with other than a discussion when the CEO and/or other executives raise it at a board meeting.

Our board members should be lobbying the AFL Commissioners with Koch the only one talking to the AFL executives about this. But he isn't do anything.

The bullshit is that one of our board members has a conflict of interest with Eddie and the AFL executives piss their pants about confronting Eddie.

This is where the AFL Commissioners should stand up and say they are custodians of the game and tell Eddie to piss off. Chairman Richard Goyder has enough wealth and potential future earnings to tell Eddie to get stuffed.

What is Eddie going to do? Get them removed as a Commissioner?? Its not as if its a massively paid position and they don't have a full time job elsewhere.

Gil, Andrew Dillion, other executives etc are piss scared to lose their million dollar or near million dollar a year cushy and influential jobs. They know if Eddie goes after them they will cop it and get the arse.

Look at Travis Auld piss his pants when Eddie went after him on air about the PF scheduling last year and Collingwood would only get a 6 day rest not 7 days, if they won their SF. Auld was pathetic on air.

Look at Andrew Demetriou, he was paid over $1mil a year and in the good years with new TV deal bonuses, it was close to $2mil that year. He has never found a normal job paying that sort of money again. I say normal for good reason.

But he was able to come up with a dodgy rort where he got paid $75k a month on some bullshit advisory board with that education company Aquire Learning that founder and his nephew Tim put him on, but it went into receivership in 2017 and a $145m collapse. They also lent him $1.6m to buy share in Aquire Learning.

He was chairman of the advisory board, but nephew Tim told the world he was joining as executive chairman.

These article shows how he was able to use his name to rort the money doing work, well when asked what sort of work he did to justify his bonus fee said - "No, I can't recall specifically … I can't recall," he said.

and
and

Why mention Andy D at all? Because it was Eddie and Andy D who did the deal in 2004, after Brisbane was forced to play their home Prelim Final at the MCG under the stupid finals series rules the AFL signed with the MCC back in 1992 for finals series games to be played at the MCG each of 4 weeks of the finals, that was adjusted to remove a compulsory final in week 1 and 2 of the finals around 1999 or 2000 but not both PF's.

The AFL dodged a bullet for 10 years by increasing the finals from 6 teams to 8 and 2 PF's but once the non Vic sides started dominating the ladder, around 2001, they were going to look foolish at some stage.

Eddie after Brisbane's 2004 MCG PF, brought in the MCC and said this is all rubbish, we will play more of our big home and away games at the MCG and the AFL bring more big games at the MCG, and the MCG gets a GF guarantee extended from 2032 to 2037. Eddie helped get the AFL out of the s**t and not look like the Amateur Football League as the non Vic teams started to dominate.

Andy D - worrying about the $$$, brought Eddie inside the tent and the AFL executives have feared him since then. That's why this issue is so twisted and contorted when it doesn't need to be.

Last edited:
Understand your frustration but reckon you may be a tad harsh. Members/supporters can only make representation through the appropriate management structures as with any business. None of those people are lightweights within the PAFC system.

Collectively, 'we' may not get get exactly what 'we' want which in itself may be diversified but the meeting Chiwigi and Bomber were able to arrange is one helluva great start.
Concur.

It’s called setting up a dialogue channel.

Richo as Club 2IC has to be brought and kept on side. Nothing will get anywhere without him.

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Realistically the board wouldn't do that much. They either tell the executives and staff to go hard at getting the bars approved or not at all. The board aren't stopping the executives to chase this goal. It is the club executives who would be dealing with executives at the AFL about getting approval to wear it.

I bet when Brisbane go and negotiate to wear the Fitzroy jumper a few times a year when they play in Melbourne, it is their executives who go talk to the AFL executives about it. Their board wouldn't have anything to do with other than a discussion when the CEO and/or other executives raise it at a board meeting.

Our board members should be lobbying the AFL Commissioners with Koch the only one talking to the AFL executives about this. But he isn't do anything.

The bulls**t is that one of our board members has a conflict of interest with Eddie and the AFL executives piss their pants about confronting Eddie.

This is where the AFL Commissioners should stand up and say they are custodians of the game and tell Eddie to p**s off. Chairman Richard Goyder has enough wealth and potential future earnings to tell Eddie to get stuffed.

What is Eddie going to do? Get them removed as a Commissioner?? Its not as if its a massively paid position and they don't have a full time job elsewhere else.

Gil, Andrew Dillion, other executives etc are piss scared to lose their million dollar or near million dollar a year cushy and influential jobs. They know if Eddie goes after them they will cop it and get the arse.

Look at Travis Auld piss his pants when Eddie went after him on air about the PF scheduling last year and Collingwood would only get a 6 day rest not 7 days, if they won their SF. Auld was pathetic on air.

Look at Andrew Demetriou, he was paid over $1mil a year and in the good years with new TV deal bonuses, it was close to $2mil that year. He has never found a normal job paying that sort of money again. I say normal for good reason.

But he was able to come up with a dodgy rort where he got paid $75k a month on some bulls**t advisory board with that education company Aquire Learning that founder and his nephew Tim put him on, but it went into receivership in 2017 and a $145m collapse. They also lent him $1.6m to buy share in Aquire Learning.

He was chairman of the advisory board, but nephew Tim told the world he was joining as executive chairman.

These article shows how he was able to use his name to rort the money doing work, well when asked what sort of work he did to justify his bonus fee said - "No, I can't recall specifically … I can't recall," he said.

and
and

Why mention Andy D at all? Because it was Eddie and Andy D who did the deal in 2004, after Brisbane was forced to play their home Prelim Final at the MCG under the stupid finals series rules the AFL signed with the MCC back in 1992 for finals series games to be played at the MCG each of 4 weeks of the finals, that was adjusted to remove a compulsory final in week 1 and 2 of the finals around 199 or 2000 but not both PF's.

The AFL dodged a bullet for 10 years by increasing the finals from 6 teams to 8 and 2 PF's but once the non Vic sides started dominating the ladder, around 2001, they were going to look foolish at some stage.

Eddie after Brisbane's 2004 MCG PF, brought in the MCC and said this is all rubbish, we will play more of our big home and away games at the MCG and the AFL bring more big games at the MCG, and the MCG gets a GF guarantee extended from 2032 to 2037. Eddie helped get the AFL out of the s**t and not look like the Amateur Football League as the non Vic teams started to dominate.

Andy D - worrying about the $$$, brought Eddie inside the tent and the AFL executives have feared him since then. That's why this issue is so twisted and contorted when it doesn't need to be.

x 2. A great precis of events and outcomes.

The bulls**t is that one of our board members has a conflict of interest with Eddie and the AFL executives piss their pants about confronting Eddie.

This is where the AFL Commissioners should stand up and say they are custodians of the game and tell Eddie to p**s off. Chairman Richard Goyder has enough wealth and potential future earnings to tell Eddie to get stuffed.

What is Eddie going to do? Get them removed as a Commissioner?? Its not as if its a massively paid position and they don't have a full time job elsewhere else.

But he was able to come up with a dodgy rort where he got paid $75k a month on some bulls**t advisory board with that education company Aquire Learning that founder and his nephew Tim put him on, but it went into receivership in 2017 and a $145m collapse. They also lent him $1.6m to buy share in Aquire Learning.

and
and

Why mention Andy D at all? Because it was Eddie and Andy D who did the deal in 2004, after Brisbane was forced to play their home Prelim Final at the MCG under the stupid finals series rules the AFL signed with the MCC back in 1992 for finals series games to be played at the MCG each of 4 weeks of the finals, that was adjusted to remove a compulsory final in week 1 and 2 of the finals around 199 or 2000 but not both PF's.

Dealing with the AFL executive is fraught with danger. Another example of their treacherous ignorance was the two who held directorships in conflict with Catapult a few years ago. Can you research that little chapter REH?

Koch should be in Goyder’s ear, not Gil’s. But I would understand if Goyder dislikes dealing with Koch.

Cardone would be like a pig in schitt hobnobbing and scheming with the AFL executive, but he has the obligation to look after himself first by looking after Eddie.

Dealing with the AFL executive is fraught with danger. Another example of their treacherous ignorance was the two who held directorships in conflict with Catapult a few years ago. Can you research that little chapter REH?

Yeah I remember that. That was after the AFL bought 49% of Champion Data - put a couple of its executives onto CD's board, one of them their Legal GM Andrew Dillon and was going make all the clubs ditch Catapult as their GPS info provider and make them use CD's system.

They held onto that opinion for about 2 months until, Burgess, Russell, Quinn, Misson and most of the other fitness department heads crack the shits and lobbied them non stop for a few months but they never changed their minds. Forced Catapult to look elsewhere around the world for growth and they found it.

For those who don't recall this from August 2015
THE AFL has ignored a unanimous vote from all 18 clubs and ditched long-time GPS contractor Catapult Sports for a data provider it part owns. Team bosses believe they are at risk of losing years worth of player tracking data after being told by the AFL to switch GPS systems from 2017.

A four-man panel, including some of the most respected fitness chiefs in the game, strongly encouraged the league to re-sign Catapult after a month-long review. But in a move that has infuriated and blindsided team officials, the league notified clubs on Friday it had entered formal negotiations with AFL statisticians Champion Data. The AFL owns 49 per cent of Champion Data and key AFL executives Andrew Dillon and Simon Lethlean are directors of the company.........

We even had a thread about it.

Looks like the revolt by clubs forced the AFL to back down on CD's system over Catapult. September 2017 article.

Less than a year into the company's listed existence, the AFL awarded a contract for GPS tracking and player data to Champion Data, a company the league holds a 49 per cent interest in.

The damage to Catapult was relatively shortlived – individual AFL teams revolted, and an agreement was struck for them to be able to remain customers. The share price subsequently recovered, and went on a tear. In mid 2016 it hit a peak at $4, valuing the business at more than $500 million.

Looks like the revolt by clubs forced the AFL to back down on CD's system over Catapult. September 2017 article.

Less than a year into the company's listed existence, the AFL awarded a contract for GPS tracking and player data to Champion Data, a company the league holds a 49 per cent interest in.

The damage to Catapult was relatively shortlived – individual AFL teams revolted, and an agreement was struck for them to be able to remain customers. The share price subsequently recovered, and went on a tear. In mid 2016 it hit a peak at $4, valuing the business at more than $500 million.
That’s how I recalled what eventuated. And do you think Gil and his Grafters were embarrassed? No way. We own the League, we own Football, we own your hearts and minds, we own you. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Last edited:
Well I'm now failing to understand is how our petition will have any effect on that position of self-righteousness.
The petition is only one of the weapons in our armoury. It’s like an arrow; useless from a distance without the bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back