Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
None stranger than the Maggies supporters who hate the power and love the crows.
Cognitive dissonance. They liked the pre OneClub days as they could rationale to themselves (incorrectly obviously) that the Power wasn't the 'real Port', so they didn't abandon their old club. These days they've double downed on 'Port isn't the old Port' so they don't have to admit they're just as fickle as all the other clubs SANFL fans jumping ship at the sight of something new and shiny. I respect the fans of other clubs who always hated Port and have transferred that hate to the AFL more. At least they're honest with themselves (they just support a s**t club).

Kt said at talking footy that wearing the prison bars week to week will never happen because we would never win that fight

The club is never going to unite with those of us that support the PB to fight this matter publically. I don't feel Thomas is the right advocate on this matter as almost every time he addresses the issue he reminds us of the love that supporters have for the v jumper. Did he mention that too?

It wouldn't surprise me if the club considered a PB jumper in other colours. If that happened then that would just render the fight null and void.

The club is never going to unite with those of us that support the PB to fight this matter publically. I don't feel Thomas is the right advocate on this matter as almost every time he addresses the issue he reminds us of the love that supporters have for the v jumper. Did he mention that too?

It wouldn't surprise me if the club considered a PB jumper in other colours. If that happened then that would just render the fight null and void.

He mentioned "people like the AFL jumper too" which turned into quite a loud cheer from the people there. Surely we aren't in the minority and more in the majority???? #bringbackthebars

People at taliking footy would cheer if he ..said purple monkey dishwasher it's just the crowd that goes along bit like saying sack Hinkley on this board........ pauses for the cheer ...

People like the v as it is what we have currently ask that question again part way through the 150th when it is used as the main marketing tool.

We will win maybe not today or tomorrow but when we get our board back and some have moved on we will win.

This is not a tin pot,crackpot group shouting at the moon this is correcting a wrong and having access to what is ours that has no valid reason for being stopped.

Care to elaborate please?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Some of the lowlights.

We'd never win a fight to get them back fulltime.
Perhaps a solution was a variance of the Black and White PBs
Something something we agreed Est 1997
Something something Collingwood.
Special occasions.
Something something verbal diarrhea
People like the current guernsey.

Care to elaborate please?

Start at 31:10

We've made good progress, decisions have been made, all we are now waiting for is the right time to announce them, so I'm pretty comfortable.
This year has told me there is great love for the prison bars, but there is also great love for the AFL guernsey.
Its been an unbalanced conversation and we will have a full conversation next year...
The reality is that the prison bar, in its traditional form, cannot be worn, ongoing.
We can go to war for as long as we like, but we are not going to win.
There may be a version of the prison bar, I personally don't like that but there might be that we could put up.
The AFL is never ever going to let us wear the prison bar week in week out, they wont do it, because of their relationship with Collingwood.

We will have a conversation about it in the offseason.

All I am hearing is that we need management with the courage to win that war, and it won't be you Keith.
The sooner we get this new management the better.

So much for we will never give up.

Last edited:
As others have said all we need is to wear the prison bars once or twice a year and the public groundswell will take it from there.

On another note what a terrible league we exist in where one team's opinion is more important than another's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As others have said all we need is to wear the prison bars once or twice a year and the public groundswell will take it from there.

On another note what a terrible league we exist in where one team's opinion is more important than another's.

Totally correct and it's this aspect that is driving me away from my love of Aussie Rules. It's supposedly a National League and not simply an expansion of the vfl.

It's a topic that has been thrashed about but the other states will never be adequately consulted.

That's why the fight is important.

The low likelihood of winning isn't a reason to give up, it's the reason to keep fighting.

Yep. no argument BC but can you come up with any specific ideas Port are able to produce to break down the vfl mafia.

Yes and have presented them to certain people.

Timing wise though, the club is not very receptive to 'unknowns' presenting their ideas at the moment.

Still, we must persevere.

Yes and have presented them to certain people.

Timing wise though, the club is not very receptive to 'unknowns' presenting their ideas at the moment.

Still, we must persevere.

Thank you Bomber and I wasn't trying to be contrary as I have been in that position of trying to gain unity across all states from a livestock perspective in a previous life..

I applaud the work you and Chiwigi have been undertaking. Heads on the block so to speak which can be a tad unpleasant at times.

Last edited:
The club's goal is to convince supporters that the PBs are an impossible goal so that they can focus on things they deem more important without ruffling too many feathers.

It's not an impossible goal, not even close to being so.

The club's goal is to convince supporters that the PBs are an impossible goal so that they can focus on things they deem more important without ruffling too many feathers.

Too effing right!

If we can’t even win the right to wear a guernsey, how the * can we expect to win premierships?

I'll forever back those who are leading the charge, but the timing is rather unfortunate with the board we have at the moment.

Everything is expectation management with this mob of losers.

If the AFL has categorically said no, it's time to come out publicly and lay our cards on the table.

God it is so frustrating watching this bullshit, pissweak administration go about it. I mean the letter saying they were going to actually do something went out all of 5 minutes ago and then they're straight back onto the expectation management bandwagon

This is almost worth another email i'm so incensed by it. Not even the PBs, just the loser language being wheeled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back