Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We gotta keep pushing after 2020. Hopefully KT is replaced with someone that doesn't say something dumb like "We don't want to wear it more than twice".

Bullshit; Gormless Gil wilts to the will of the VFL bloc once more. Show us this license agreement and explain how it is legally binding.. and while you're at it explain how we've worn it half a dozen times since inception already then.

We will be pushing this longer than Gil will be CEO.

We will be pushing this longer than Eddie will be president.

We are not going away.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If it is true that the club secured the jumper for a game only in 2020 but not beyond then the club's strategy that 'we don’t want to fight this publically' is getting us nowhere. Remember how KT and the club quietly fought the sanfl alone in late 2013 which resulted in KT spin about how wonderful our academy is going to be? Well I'm getting ready for the spin. I've already heard KT remind us about how much love there is for the v jumper.

Earlier in the year I was confident of a surprising pleasing outcome but Eddie has had a huge influence on the AFL in this matter and the AFL is the VFL. They only value their VFL history and minimise anything but Victorian history. Of course I am not saying anything new here.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Despite being from South Australia, Gillon could not pander more to the Victorian faction of the league if he tried.

Until he is gone it's going to be a ridiculously uphill battle. At least Demetriou understood the need for necessary expansion to make the league a truly national competition.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I would rather not wear the PB in 2020 and make sure everyone knows that we are not willing to be blackmailed by Eddie and Gil into "never again" and that we had no choice but to not wear our most famous jumper in our 150th celebrations due to the s**t sandwich we were offered than wear it in 2020 and agree to "never again".

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I know it's Facebook rah rah rah but reading the replies to the Fox Footy article is disheartening. I get the feeling a lot of footy fans genuinely just don't get it, even if the issue is rather black and white for us. And the amount of bad faith arguing from people is going to give me an aneurysm.

I would rather not wear the PB in 2020 and make sure everyone knows that we are not willing to be blackmailed by Eddie and Gil into "never again" and that we had no choice but to not wear our most famous jumper in our 150th celebrations due to the s**t sandwich we were offered than wear it in 2020 and agree to "never again".

The club can't fight this until AFTER our 150year celebrations.

They don't want to tarnish a significant club celebration by having a a stoush with Collingwood.

I don't believe that they would agree to a 'never again' clause.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As expected we only get to wear the PBs in showdowns next year...

Games that conveniently won’t be broadcast on free to air, outside of SA.

Club has bent over and accepting what is its being given once again.

Lol how can our ‘license agreement’ include something that’s only just been negotiated?
So they will publish the licence agreement in full so we can all see where it says that?

Pigs arse.

Just gotta keep pushing. I don’t think anyone expected anything different just yet.
Nope, there are people that expected this to be resolved in January and February. They don't understand that 23 years wont be reversed without a long sustained fight.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The club can't fight this until AFTER our 150year celebrations.

They don't want to tarnish a significant club celebration by having a a stoush with Collingwood.

I don't believe that they would agree to a 'never again' clause.

Rubbish.

Now is EXACTLY the time to fight it.

Blocking us from wearing the prison bars in 2020 would tarnish Collingwood, not us.

They would look like absolute dicks. Especially if we asked to wear it ANZAC day.

Rubbish.

Now is EXACTLY the time to fight it.

Blocking us from wearing the prison bars in 2020 would tarnish Collingwood, not us.

They would look like absolute dicks. Especially if we asked to wear it ANZAC day.

Collingwood had already blocked us from wearing it in 2020.

The club decided to push for it again so that we get to wear it in 2020. They've won that battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back