Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Collingwood had already blocked us from wearing it in 2020.

The club decided to push for it again so that we get to wear it in 2020. They've won that battle.

And if in order to win that battle they have signed away rights to wear it after 2020 they have lost the war.

And if in order to win that battle they have signed away rights to wear it after 2020 they have lost the war.

I agree, but you don't know that they have.

Unless things have changed dramatically since we met with the club a month ago, I don't believe that they have don that.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I agree, but you don't know that they have.

Unless things have changed dramatically since we met with the club a month ago, I don't believe that they have don that.

Well about now would be a good bloody time to inform the members what actually HAS been signed, and when, and provide some proof rather than vague references to past agreements.

The sources for this are pretty dubious (Dwayne 'Cockbiscuit' Russell)!

I am choosing not to believe a word from Eddie's Goebbels until the club confirm! Seems like he is stirring s**t (in a bad way).

Why would we? He's a termite!

If there's no change yet, the club wouldn't be making another statement.

Well about now would be a good bloody time to inform the members what actually HAS been signed, and when, and provide some proof rather than vague references to past agreements.
I agree it would be good, but this has all the hallmarks of the club has its time frame and might be negotiating for more in the future, but McGuire uses his mouth piece Russell to try and says its a limited deal/negotiation to try and force the AFL's hand.

I agree it would be good, but this has all the hallmarks of the club has its time frame and might be negotiating for more in the future, but McGuire uses his mouth piece Russell to try and says its a limited deal/negotiation to try and force the AFL's hand.

That's exactly what it is.

Also... why are Gill and Dwayne announcing something to do with Port's 150th year celebrations before the club has a chance to announce it?

How ******* arrogant can these people get.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

All the more reason to go public in return.

Let everyone know the BS we have been stuck with and the inequalities of it and create a storm of support.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
1. there's no evidence of a written agreement
2. every 'this once but not ever again' moment has been followed up with another 'ok now this is the last time'
3. there's no real confusion between the jumpers (sidenote)
4. eddie won't be there forever
5. nor will current PAFC administration

still a winnable position, if you play the long game

All the more reason to go public in return.

Let everyone know the BS we have been stuck with and the inequalities of it and create a storm of support.
Because unfortunately its all politics. And if you make the AFL look bad, they can be vindictive big bastards.

Don't worry everyone. I got this.

uqUtLp.gif

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No, from the spineless 'leaders' at our club, this is a really good time to sell the minimal PB wearing as a 'win', as the Facebook mum fans are quivering after actually winning two games in a row and distracted by that. It's the old politicians trick of releasing bad news on a Friday afternoon before the 24/7 News cycle existed.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
That's exactly what it is.

Also... why are Gill and Dwayne announcing something to do with Port's 150th year celebrations before the club has a chance to announce it?

How ******* arrogant can these people get.
I hate that we refuse to even try to control the narrative on this. If the agreement has been made, announce it and announce whether any ongoing agreement exists.

We don't need to embarrass the AFL on this. We could actively talk about how happy we are with the AFL's support at this stage and look forward to their continued support of our heritage in the future.

A strong club gets on the front foot here.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Lol how can our ‘license agreement’ include something that’s only just been negotiated?
Doubt it, it's been there since we joined, it's bucky and Boultons fault.. We were always going to join the AFL but this sweatener they put in for Collingwood was pointless and has set us back. They did a lot of good for us, obviously, but they really messed this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back