Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone get into this article?

The Advertiser said:
Port Adelaide SANFL premiership hero — and one of the architects of “reuniting” the Magpies and Power as “One Club” in 2010 — George Fiacchi is seen as the pin-up boy of the “bring back the bars” campaign.

“Why does Collingwood have a say in this?” Fiacchi told The Roast. “We gave up the ‘Magpies’ name to be in the AFL, but we should be able to wear the black-and-white bars at home in SA when we see the occasion that fits.

“I like the current black V-line jumper. But the black-and-white bars fit for Showdowns and Anzac Day. We should be able to wear that jumper when we want to respect our heritage.

“Our players love wearing it,” adds Fiacchi noting the endorsement for the black-and-white jumper from Victorian-born co-captain Ollie Wines.

“We should wear it two times EVERY year at home. We should wear it when we see fit, particularly in a home Showdown and in the Anzac round.”

And will Fiacchi get his wish for the bars to remain beyond 2020?

“That’s where the AFL needs to show some balls,” he says. “It just should not have anything to do with Collingwood what Port Adelaide wear in SA.”

“That’s where the AFL needs to show some balls”

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m buying the fu** out of this.

View attachment 732233

Lockhart Road given we will wear the bars twice next year, what chance we could get Standard Chartered to sponsor those 2 games and get it to look like above? Talk to Oak and Gupta and put them both on the back and do some other deals to keep them happy.

They are London based but these days make most of their money out of Asia, about 85% of both their retail and commercial banking profits are in China,HK and North Asian market and of that 85%, about 80% is made in Hong Kong where they issue the bank notes along with a couple of the other banks under licence from the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. They are listed on both the LSE and the HKSE.

Maybe Robin ‘Rockin’ Robbins has some connections there in HK and could make some inquiries.

Lockhart Road given we will wear the bars twice next year, what chance we could get Standard Chartered to sponsor those 2 games and get it to look like above? Talk to Oak and Gupta and put them both on the back and do some other deals to keep them happy.

They are London based but these days make most of their money out of Asia, about 85% of both their retail and commercial banking profits are in China,HK and North Asian market and of that 85%, about 80% is made in Hong Kong where they issue the bank notes along with a couple of the other banks under licence from the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. They are listed on both the LSE and the HKSE.

Maybe Robin ‘Rockin’ Robbins has some connections there in HK and could make some inquiries.
Mate, your imagination puts mine to shame. What a superb idea.

I would however use our connection to PwC to put the word on Standard Chartered, especially if PwC and the bank have an accounting / auditing / business connection.

PwC ... you know, our new lower-tier sponsor announced awhile ago but whose logo I can’t find anywhere on the Club website.

I would however use our connection to PwC to put the word on Standard Chartered, especially if PwC and the bank have an accounting / auditing / business connection.
Checked their 2018 Annual Report. KPMG is their auditor, so probably does their consulting stuff as well.

Possibly the best piece of merchandise ever done by the club

They stole my idea farken I want a freebie!

I don’t understand why we continually neglect this. Almost all the euro football clubs have a “retro” range of jerseys complete with the sponsors of the time. Imagine how hot a 1990 Standard Charatered repro would be!

They stole my idea farken I want a freebie!
It's even better than the soccer thing too because
1) old magpies jumpers are very rare compared to 90s/80s football shirts and
2) our repros don't look tacky because they're missing an adidas logo or whatever. See: Liverpool's retro range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back