Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wearing it once in 2020 was what I had understood was the outcome. We have very weak leadership.

If that’s true, things have gone backwards since June.

So we'll wear it once in 2020 in a Showdown in a s**t time slot and that's it. Nice going, Dave

Jason has already moved on...

tumblr_pk96z27AHI1saszuqo2_r2_400.gifv

Agreed, one game is absolute bulsh*t, it sounds to me like the campaigners have completely wimped out under pressure from McLachlan and Eddie Everywhere, which unfortunately given the lack of fortitude from those in charge is hardly surprising.
I fear they see this as a win.

You heading to the Logo launch on the 13th?

Might be a good opportunity to catch up and talk next steps.

So where only wearing the bars in our home showdown ?

“And we will elevate our Prison Bars on the national stage when we play the Crows in our home Showdown, acknowledging the deeds of our past heroes and legends in ensuring we could compete in the best competition in the land”

Should be every home game. Accepting both showdowns was weak and typical of this administration but they’ve gone to another level here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So where only wearing the bars in our home showdown ?

“And we will elevate our Prison Bars on the national stage when we play the Crows in our home Showdown, acknowledging the deeds of our past heroes and legends in ensuring we could compete in the best competition in the land”

Should be every home game. Accepting both showdowns was weak and typical of this administration but they’ve gone to another level here.
Knowing Koch, early next year he will try and roll it out that we have negotiated an extra game, aren't I good.

How did we go from 2 games to 1 lmao

Also why on earth are we changing to a “PA” logo as a once off? Weird choice at best

Also why on earth are we changing to a “PA” logo as a once off? Weird choice at best

It won't be a once off. There's a reason the 'commemorative logo' doesn't even mention the thing it's commemorating. The idea is a fresh new logo and one logo for one club.

How did we go from 2 games to 1 lmao
They started the negotiations at 2 instead of 12.

Awful that we've campaigned for this for ages and the club has let us down big time. We are wearing it the same amount of times that we are wearing the blue and white hooped jumper that nobody asked for.

Big fail to the admin again.

Awful that we've campaigned for this for ages and the club has let us down big time. We are wearing it the same amount of times that we are wearing the blue and white hooped jumper that nobody asked for.

Now view the logo in this context. How do you feel about it now?

I may have this wrong ... I probably have this wrong ... If I’m right, it’ll be the first time ...

1. The fact that Koch announces PBs for the 2020 home Showdown is a good start.
2. It’s perhaps the only start Koch can make considering he cannot at this time pre-empt the AFL re the fixture for next season, except for the home Showdown which is set in stone.
3. The fact he confines himself to the home Showdown MAY mean that previous flim-flam re wearing the PBs for both showdowns has been cancelled because of lack of interest re the away Showdown.
4. Let’s say ANZAC Round is on the cards for the PBs being worn a second time at home, but Koch can’t announce this as AFL approval for the Club again playing at home in ANZAC Round has not yet been rubber-stamped.
5. Same goes for a third home match at which PBs will be worn, plus a fourth ... ...
6. Koch will announce PBs for ANZAC Round or whatever as a personal victory for Himself, undeserved as usual.
7. If he doesn’t announce, victory for Himself or no ... it’s another very large nail in his coffin.

Now view the logo in this context. How do you feel about it now?
The logo is underwhelming, especially with the teal trim. But I still think the idea of a logo to unify the clubs brands needed to happen, but not executed how I liked.

You heading to the Logo launch on the 13th?

Might be a good opportunity to catch up and talk next steps.

Listening to KT and Fiacchi, I feel that the club does not believe it can ever win the fight. "We will never win this fight" is what KT said and what Fiacchi has implied. Thus they conclude their conversations about it by stating that the Roosters jumper "looks good too". Unless the club's belief changes, I worry that we will not get close to the correct outcome - that being wearing the B&W PB as our primary jumper. Firstly, the club needs to decide if they want to wear the B&W PB jumper as our primary jumper. Secondly, the club needs to be convinced that this is worth fighting, and thirdly, the club needs to believe that they can win it otherwise they won't properly plan a process and action it that will achieve the outcome.

I am not so convinced that the club's strategy to fight this behind closed doors is the right strategy nor do I feel that fighting it millimetre by millimetre is also going to achieve a meaningful win let alone the ultimate prize because I do not feel that this issue is rich with time.

Do you guys feel that you need to discuss this campaign with the Board of the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back