Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. Released on 30 August.

No the club did not release this, they just repeated what was said in an interview KT did with SEN on Kymbo and the Rooch, on 29th August.

I quoted a large chunk of the interview, basically what is written in that article that took up about 3 minutes of a 15 minute interview. See my post on page 147 of this thread, at the link below which includes a link to the full radio interview covering several subjects.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
The club ask us "what can we do off field to better engage the supporter base?"

"Make the GDV happen?"

"Sorry too hard, we've had to roll over on this one"

"New logo to unify the club?"

"Easy, we've just engaged the graphic design firm we used last time, the Ardtornish Primary School grade 1 class"

"AFLW team?"

"Too hard."

"Can we stop this 'little club' sort of narrative and start behaving like a club that expects to be successful?"

"Hey mate we could have been the Southern Power playing out of Tassie so how about showing a bit of appreciation hey?"

"Can we wear the prison bars more often? We have 10,000 signatures on a petition for this one"

"Well we don't really want to but how does once, probably in a Sunday 1240 game, with no ongoing commitment sound?"

The club ask us "what can we do off field to better engage the supporter base?"

"Make the GDV happen?"

"Sorry too hard, we've had to roll over on this one"

"New logo to unify the club?"

"Easy, we've just engaged the graphic design firm we used last time, the Ardtornish Primary School grade 1 class"

"AFLW team?"

"Too hard."

"Can we stop this 'little club' sort of narrative and start behaving like a club that expects to be successful?"

"Hey mate we could have been the Southern Power playing out of Tassie so how about showing a bit of appreciation hey?"

"Can we wear the prison bars more often? We have 10,000 signatures on a petition for this one"

"Well we don't really want to but how does once, probably in a Sunday 1240 game, with no ongoing commitment sound?"
yeah but how about the free scarf that no one asked for

A lot of (justified) negativity towards the club has started to permeate this campaign.
Please remember we started this as a positive move after a s**t show of a season last year.
Wearing the PB’s was never going to be an easy ask, regardless of how unfair we all believe it to be and this stuff was always going to be a marathon not a sprint.

Wearing for one game next season is absolutely minimum chips, but it’s a start.

Before this the club were in the situation where they were never allowed to wear again. Now they have negotiated to one wear and are publicly stating that we do not agree to the ‘never again’ stipulation we had agreed on in the past.

We are about FROM 2020, so now things really begin. A regular game (more please) EVERY season is a HUGE step from where we have been, that is last worn 5 years ago and only because the AFL had messed up.

The club refusing to accept ‘never again’ and public statements that we want a regular wear is pretty big in the PB scheme of things. We aren’t done yet, we are winning the battle by inches.

Last edited:

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Interesting on the news old Kochie said the fight wasn't over re them being our home guernsey

How much of that was hot air who knows

Yes I heard that but he, once again, mentions a prior signed agreement.

Please let us all see said agreement DK.

Yes I heard that but he, once again, mentions a prior signed agreement.

Please let us all see said agreement DK.
It’s been invalidated by wearing in 2014 and next year imo.
Though its legal standing is not as high as its political standing in the AFL.

So here it is, as worn by Lycett. I'm hoping we still end up wearing it with white shorts.
EGugnM4UUAAYj_o.jpg

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's being worn once in 2020.

The point is, we wear it more times in the near future, home and away.

As for 2020, black shorts because it is our ******* home game. No more of this compromise tv bullshit like the elimination final. It looks great in either black or white shorts but it's got to be black. The crows must not get to wear their primary shorts.

The point is, we wear it more times in the near future, home and away.

As for 2020, black shorts because it is our ******* home game. No more of this compromise tv bullshit like the elimination final. It looks great in either black or white shorts but it's got to be black. The crows must not get to wear their primary shorts.
White looks way better, I'd have that as our home, Black as away.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gil on radio a few months ago said we’d wear the Prison Bars in both showdowns.

Today on SEN KT said that was never the plan, he only wanted to wear it once.

Thanks Ross. W the actual F.

I had some small amount of respect left for KT whom I thought might be doing a tough job between two bozos but now I am counting the days until this bozo is also gone. I am not one to say yeah that's me done and reach for the phone to cancel the membership but that day is edging closer.

He. just.does.not.get.it.

If I wanted to support Noward I would get a lobotomy and move to the eastern suburbs.

GTFO you semi casual fraud.

I know it's about winning the marathon but doing it inch by inch linearly will not. Each time we chip a win the next chip has to be bigger.
OK, what do you want to do? How are you going to do it?

What do you think you or I can do to change McGuire and the AFL's mind to such an extent?

Gil on radio a few months ago said we’d wear the Prison Bars in both showdowns.

Today on SEN KT said that was never the plan, he only wanted to wear it once.

My respect for KT is diminishing almost every time he opens his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back