Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most important thing is that the intent to wear the prison bars remains alive and well. And the club, with its myriad of issues and problems and struggles, is never going to be the torch bearer for this type of thing - it's up to us as supporters to keep the pressure on, to make sure that they understand that it's something that is important to the supporter base. If we are able to keep the pressure up, we'll eventually win the war.

OK, what do you want to do? How are you going to do it?

What do you think you or I can do to change McGuire and the AFL's mind to such an extent?

I think for one, there has to be an all out attack before, during and after any games it is worn next season. Especially to ask the wider football community why it would be that there are any restrictions at all to wearing it more regularly.

We had Dennis Cometti, Leigh Matthews and Bruce McAvaney all making positive noises about it last time we wore it, but none of it was latched onto and pressed home more.

Thanks Ross. W the actual F.

I had some small amount of respect left for KT whom I thought might be doing a tough job between two bozos but now I am counting the days until this bozo is also gone. I am not one to say yeah that's me done and reach for the phone to cancel the membership but that day is edging closer.

He. just.does.not.get.it.

If I wanted to support Noward I would get a lobotomy and move to the eastern suburbs.

GTFO you semi casual fraud.
I think with KT it's putting out on-field fires from Ken and off-field from Koch has worn him down to where now he takes the path of least resistance. He's burnt out and needs to go.

I think for one, there has to be an all out attack before, during and after any games it is worn next season. Especially to ask the wider football community why it would be that there are any restrictions at all to wearing it more regularly.

We had Dennis Cometti, Leigh Matthews and Bruce McAvaney all making positive noises about it last time we wore it, but none of it was latched onto and pressed home more.

Denis has retired, Matthews hates our guts and McAvaney is in the "you're not that Port Adelaide anymore" camp.

We also have our major impediment to wearing the PB guernsey as a major (and I mean very major) player in the AFL media landscape.

It is an extraordinary situation and saying 'we should just do x' misses the entire myriad of issues we need to navigate.

Denis has retired, Matthews hates our guts and McAvaney is in the "you're not that Port Adelaide anymore" camp.

We also have our major impediment to wearing the PB guernsey as a major (and I mean very major) player in the AFL media landscape.

It is an extraordinary situation and saying 'we should just do x' misses the entire myriad of issues we need to navigate.

I'm not talking about hitching our cause to that wagon. It was more an example of what happened last time. And if Leigh hates us and Bruce is ambivalent, then doesn't it make their comments all the better?

There are plenty of football media mouthpieces that would love to go into bat for something the riles Eddie Macguire as much as this does and the weeks surrounding when it is to be worn is the perfect time.

Wearing it once in our 150th is a piss poor outcome no matter how you spin it, it now has the same importance rating from the club as the faded Geelong birthday suit.
The PB’s will get some stuff from the club pre-match, but you can bet the Hoops will get a lot more around that game, with the club trying to sell us how wonderful they are.

What do you think you or I can do to change McGuire and the AFL's mind to such an extent?
Kidnap Eddie and ship him off to Kurdistan is our best bet. ;)

Why the spacing in the middle bars? I am assuming it is to do with the old lace up style forcing it, but surely now there's no lace up or pretend lace up print it's time to have them evenly spaced again like the old ones?

You omitted to include the CEO of ‘our major impediment’ who is one of the misfits sitting on our board, escaping any sort of media exposure because he’s one of them.

He also escapes any self declaration of moral conflict of interest, and any Club statement ‘clarifying’ his position relative to the BBTB lobby.

He is Eddie E.’s soft underbelly and it’s time, following KT’s most recent excuse, for it to be exposed.

I mean, these two Monopoly Times hacks who leapt on the 150 logo ‘copyright’ non-story must be thirsting for their own fame as investigative reporters as much as ‘Dean Robinson’ is seeking his fame as a designer. Right?

Where are our Woodburn and Wardstein when we need ‘em?

I am a mere supporter, I will not be heard, especially when I do not have data. The board of directors are considerate to data but not opinions.

By no means do I think it is easy and I have had the discussions to understand that it is not but I am afraid that handling this too slowly works against the club because there is another battle, that is apathy and passion amongst the board and the supporters. We have had mixed messages from relevant officials from within the club that clouds whether they do or do not believe that they can win or questions whether they are all on board.

I wonder if McGuire's behaviours and psychology 'from afar' about this matter has been professionally profiled and is it worth doing so? Has the club sought independent professional consultants to evaluate and guide them through a process, edit their forms of communications with the McGuire/AFL to better deal with a person of his nature and to diffuse the elements that drive his opposition to it? If they haven't, is it worth trying?

I'm saying that wearing it once this year should not precede wearing it once again in another five years time. We wear it once this year and we emphasise it, we back it up again next year in a more meaningful widespread game such as the ANZAC game whereby there is a small portion of a Vic audience, so growing the chip. In the third year we wear it on ANZAC game again, the fourth year we push to wear it twice. Wearing it once per year in the home showdown for the next three years is moving linearly, I think, although I do note that it is more than what we've got now.

Does the club need to lift the profile of the jumper further amongst its own supporters to re-ignite the passion or equalise it again so that we don't have some of our supporters arguing that it isn't our afl jumper? Perhaps every year the team photo contains players wearing both PB and V jumpers alternately?

I don't know Chi. I wish I did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to the interview with KT and Richo on 5aa last night. It struck me that degenerates like Rowe were not batting an eyelid at discussions around 150 year celebrations.

Remember even just 5-10 years ago it was still alot of Port Power Est 1997 bs in the SA media? I reckon if we just keep the pressure up with the PBs and are willing to play a long game, meaningful change (I.e. multiple times a year) is achievable.

This campaign is doing a great job! (Yes I know I have the BiB in my avatar but I genuinely like both!!)

I was listening to the interview with KT and Richo on 5aa last night. It struck me that degenerates like Rowe were not batting an eyelid at discussions around 150 year celebrations.

Remember even just 5-10 years ago it was still alot of Port Power Est 1997 bs in the SA media? I reckon if we just keep the pressure up with the PBs and are willing to play a long game, meaningful change (I.e. multiple times a year) is achievable.

This campaign is doing a great job! (Yes I know I have the BiB in my avatar but I genuinely like both!!)
Yup, it’s all politics.

Keep the rage going guys. This is an important step in the right direction and it's equally crucial we take another, and another. One thing's for sure, I've got an infinite amount more faith in the leaders of this cause to pull it off than I do in the club getting anything right.

I don't believe so. White panel is the obvious one.
That's all it will be. Hartlett is one of the legends looking at the logo and he is holding a silver jumper and it doesn't look any different on the front. The club's youtube and facebook site have it. And page 79 on the logo thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back