Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Now that we know we are only going to wear the PBs for the home showdown can we arrange a BBTB members event for the ANZAC clash?

I can't think of a better time to show up in the Bars in numbers and demand that we have the right to wear the jumper our Veterans that fought for this country wore, out of respect, when we are commemorating them.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
in an ideal world

Affinity Footy Template PBs.png

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Ffs

Why wear it when we'll look like the away team and allow the other side to wear it's home uniform? Especially one with significant SA following?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ffs

Why wear it when we'll look like the away team and allow the other side to wear it's home uniform? Especially one with significant SA following?

I don’t think this matters, plenty of clubs wear their home kits in away games (Sydney/GC at AO comes to mind).

Obviously I’d rather just wear the Bars again but since they’re wearing this thing instead at least the contrast between the two teams will be really good.

Aug 16, 2009
Dubai
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United Portland Timbers
I know we've known about this for a few weeks now but what a ******* pathetic outcome to only wear the bars once in our 150th.

We wear our Indigenous guernseys like 3 games a year.

Club response..”we gave you a free scarf and got rid of Sam Gray.....we know what we’re doing, all the other comments are just white noise”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Koch, at the launch, I'm sure i heard correctly, said we were to wear the PB at the away showdown but something stopped us and the reason will be revealed after the first showdown is played.

I think the club has plans to use the first showdown as a catalyst for the fight.

Fingers crossed their strategy is good or they follow through with their intentions.

Koch, at the launch, I'm sure i heard correctly, said we were to wear the PB at the away showdown but something stopped us and the reason will be revealed after the first showdown is played.

Choose one:

A) Eddiewood "we own black and white"
B) Crows "you're not the real Port"
C) Gil "please don't make Eddie mad"
D) KT "we only want to wear them once"
E) all of the above

I think the club has plans to use the first showdown as a catalyst for the fight.

That's what we've been told and I do believe the people we spoke to and their strong conviction regarding this issue.

Fingers crossed their strategy is good or they follow through with their intentions.

I wouldn't really call it a strategy, more of a tactic to deal with the practical reality.

or they follow through with their intentions.

For all the teeth gnashing against the club at the moment, I believe that they will.

The club needs to think about other ways of wearing the prison bars as well as in games - for starters, I'd like to see the team photo for the 150th year being taken with the whole squad in prison bars. Would look amazing!!
Everyone on the AFL list takes photos in the Prison Bars for the SANFL website so surely we can round up all these guys in pre-season and do it.

Everyone on the AFL list takes photos in the Prison Bars for the SANFL website so surely we can round up all these guys in pre-season and do it.
How about the players who play in the Rd 2 showdown, are told, we only have 1 version and the club doesn't ******* auction it off, tell them its the only version of it, and they get to keep it if they play well enough and honour the jumper.

Make it mean something and have real intrinsic value and not use it as a cheap, soft, easy, marketing revenue opportunity that a few years later will end up on ebay at an exorbitant price.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The club needs to think about other ways of wearing the prison bars as well as in games - for starters, I'd like to see the team photo for the 150th year being taken with the whole squad in prison bars. Would look amazing!!
Warm ups in PB’s. All train in PB’s for sessions where TV will be. Post game in PB’s. Coaches and officials game day PB’s. All press conferences in PB’s. If the club was truly serious they could do this.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

That's been brought to Richardson already. I think it should not just stop at the 150th. It should be every year.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
How about the players who play in the Rd 2 showdown, are told, we only have 1 version and the club doesn't ******* auction it off, tell them its the only version of it, and they get to keep it if they play well enough and honour the jumper.

Make it mean something and have real intrinsic value and not use it as a cheap, soft, easy, marketing revenue opportunity that a few years later will end up on ebay at an exorbitant price.

Chokito dislikes this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back