Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex09

Senior List
May 15, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Eddie is going to win no sympathy from that performance.

He actually sounded like a scared and rattled little boy. He knows his power is crumbling on this BS bluff he has been pulling for years

Alex09

Senior List
May 15, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Eddie came across as more than desperate in that clip, and his argument if you can call it that did not hold an ounce of water.

He knows he hasn't a leg to stand on. I was confused at the end of his rant actually. He made it sound as if we want to become the Magpies again. We don't want our club to be the magpies in the AFL. We just want to wear our traditional jumper, and we've made it clear we can wear a clash when playing Collingwood. It really is clear.

The problem with any court battle is that often times it doesn't come down to the law so much as who has the bigger coffers to go the distance in the courts. Our financial situation compared to Collingwood is minuscule at best. And I dont think that this board as it stands would be willing to put so much money into a legal battle that it could conceivably lose, which could potentially cripple the club financially; especially not after what as happened the past few months economically sue to the virus.

Getting to a stage where we can wear it at least once a year is a huge step. It gets the foot permanently in the door. Dare I say if Koch pulls this off it would be quite a statement full of substance considering the majority of his tenure has been all huff no puff.

The club can't afford to win a financial battle with Collingwood if it came to that even though it is in the right. This is why it has to be fan driven. No teal at all at games going forward. Make the way that the club has been treated on this an embarrassment to the AFL until it can no longer be ignored. One lady refused to sit at the back of the bus 60 odd years ago and started a movement. You can too. No more SA being treated as 2nd rate to Vic.

parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Their real strip is the mostly white one with the black number, which is so unlike the prison bar jumper that if Port had a black back and white number, they could just about wear them against each other.
If Glenelg entered the AFL in 2021, do you think Richmond would be fine with them keeping their current jumper for all home games?

If Glenelg entered the AFL in 2021, do you think Richmond would be fine with them keeping their current jumper for all home games?

You should ask Manchester United or Liverpool how they cope being two of the biggest football clubs, in the largest most popular football league in the world and having the same colours.

Man, it must be confusing for their fans.

Alex09

Senior List
May 15, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies

The Prison bar jumper is a vastly different design to Collingwood. Also yes I would expect Richmond to be fine with Glenelg being yellow and black so long as the average person could tell them apart.

**** this s**t makes me so mad.

Our request to wear the Prison Bars vs Carlton in 2014 to commemorate the 1914 Championship of Australia victory is deemed not important enough.

Then the AFL tells us we can't even wear the BiB jumper in a home final vs Richmond because their jumper clashes and we request to wear the Prison Bars and it gets granted and Eddie in the video up the page pipes in and says "They wore it for no reason".

I'm sick of this club getting pushed around. The custodians of Port Adelaide need to act now and take this to court. Enough is enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's never going to happen. The AFL will permit it for designated special occasions. It will never be worn in an official AFL game where Collingwood is the opponent.
We are not asking to wear the Prison Bars against Collingwood. We want to wear it vs other clubs, we are more than happy to wear a clash jumper vs Collingwood.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our PB guernsey is a totally different design to Collingwood’s stripes. We want to wear our guernsey not collingwood’s. Personally, I think Collingwood are not so protective of the black and white itself - they just know there is a much better B&W design out there that they would prefer stays hidden.

glenelg and richmond have the same design and same colours.

Probably not. But why should anybody give a s**t about Richmond's opinion on what Glenelg wear in their home games?

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Eddie REALLY fikn shits me to tears on this one. I've said all this before, but.....

Speaking of "campaigners", we should campaign for Collingwood to get rid of their fake home kit, which is the predominantly black one with the white number. I reckon that kit started all the perceived clashes with other dark outfits, which obviously resulted in the several 'gross' clash strips that other clubs had to concoct, just because precious Collingwood wanted to copy Port Adelaide by having a predominantly black jumper.

Fat Eddie bangs on that they haven't changed their jumper in 2,000 years, which is complete bullshit. It's got me fa'rked how The Pies were ever allowed to use the mostly black jumper in the first place, especially as a home kit.

Their real strip is the mostly white one with the black number, which is so unlike the prison bar jumper that if Port had a black back and white number, they could just about wear them against each other.

The irony is they stole it from SA When they couldn’t use Red Blue and White...

We are not asking to wear the Prison Bars against Collingwood.

We should be.

Not in away games against them, our club still needs to have a clash guernsey like every other club in the league. But in our home games we should be entitled to wear whatever the * we want, whether against Collingwood or anyone else.

Short game: no Eddie we won’t wear it against Collingwood.
Long game: you play us at home, sort out a clash strip, Eduardo.

More footage from footy classified.

Kochie

Eddie ranting more and then talking about Greg Phillips and then being an idiot some more.

Greg Phillips played for the Port Adelaide Football Club, not the Port Adelaide Magpies. Eddie getting his eras mixed up.

...also, since when has Greg Phillips been nicknamed ‘flipper’?

We should be.

Not in away games against them, our club still needs to have a clash guernsey like every other club in the league. But in our home games we should be entitled to wear whatever the fu** we want, whether against Collingwood or anyone else.
I'd just request a lot of MCG games vs Collingwood until they sort one out. Just get our jumper on the national stage permanently first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back